Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fair, but what you seem to be missing is that even with the examples you're citing, that's still most definitely not the more likely outcome. 

I hear ya ... just think it's hard to judge Kizer given how bad that team was and how green he was as a rookie.  He shouldn't have been playing last year.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses the next year or two.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Kizer plays in preseason and plays well, it really does not do much for his trade value.  Kizer would need to play meaningful minutes in regular season games and lead GB to wins.  Something that no one really wants to see.  

Eh tell that to Hasselbeck, and Jimmy G had the hype before ever starting for the suspended Brady. Look at McCarron too.

kizer is w/e.  Camp competition to push hundley.  He's nothing to get excited about at this point.  He was a project QB just like Hundley coming out of ND, and he remains a project after a completely lost year in cleveland.

Hopefully, the CLE year doesn't put him beyond repair.  He has slightly more tools than Hundley, and certainly shown more on tape as far as being a pocket passer in college.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Eh tell that to Hasselbeck, and Jimmy G had the hype before ever starting for the suspended Brady. Look at McCarron too.

Hasselbeck is 20 years ago

Jimmy G had regular season game tape that drove the trade value.  McCarron also had regular season game tape that was more impressive than Kizer.  

Kizer has 15 games of flat out bad QB play.  Preseason games are really not going to erase that.

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm just going to say that anybody going to a coach/GM and demanding a player gets traded needs to mind their own damn business, but even if you needed to move Randall, we still got a crap package for him. 

What if it was Aaron?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Went 3/6 games without a TD and only 1/6 games without an INT. In weeks 10-16.

Congrats on getting to play the Packers garbage D. 

Those are the games he had NFL talent around him. He played who was on the schedule. Even still he had one of the worst receiving groups in those games but at least it was better than the MAC level group he had weeks 2-9.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:
18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm just going to say that anybody going to a coach/GM and demanding a player gets traded needs to mind their own damn business, but even if you needed to move Randall, we still got a crap package for him. 

What if it was Aaron?

Then Aaron would be evolving more and more into a Farve.

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is 4 Mph supposed to be meaningful for arm strength?   That seems to be rather insignificant.  

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're point being what?

Hundley doesn't lack arm strength. They're both fine. The problem with both of them is they're inaccurate and often don't know what to do with the ball. 

Seems pretty meaningless

And I mean that sincerely, I had no idea if it meant anything.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hasselbeck is 20 years ago

Jimmy G had regular season game tape that drove the trade value.  McCarron also had regular season game tape that was more impressive than Kizer.  

Kizer has 15 games of flat out bad QB play.  Preseason games are really not going to erase that.

NFL talent evaluators have the ability to reason. I guarantee you they aren't going to hold it against a 21 year old kid that he had to QB one of the worst rosters in NFL history because of inept management.

Especially if he goes to one of the highest level franchises and hones his craft to the point where he looks sharp every time he hits the field.

Got to love the passion of us packer fans.  I for one am glad that our brain trust is at least making some moves  If they feel that someone doesn’t fit on our team move on!  We love our players but how can you feel we didn’t get enough for a average corner when Marcus Peters was traded I believe for a 5th

Archived