Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

3 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

I think anybody repeatedly making the point 'we traded a starter for a guy we hope never plays' has trouble separating idealism from reality. The reality is Rodgers is old and he gets injured like other players. There is always a chance the back up will have to play and I would rather be prepared for it then stuck with noodle arm hundley. 

Secondly, for those who say 'we can just draft somebody in the 4th and 5th'. Do you mean somebody like Brett Hundley? Because that's how you get Brett Hundley. 

Packers have done their homework on Kizer, they are HIGH on him. It is better than being caught with our pants down should Rodgers get hurt again or has to retire early for w.e reason and the loss of Randall (completely replaceable) will sting a lot less when we sign and draft a couple CB's.

Let's see how high New England values a QB at this point in Brady's career, could make for an interesting comparison. 

34 isn't old for a QB these days.  

I'm done ranting and done with this thread.  I have provided plenty of material to point to when we end up with signing Ladarious Gunter in the middle of the season once Kevin King goes on IR and our fourth round rookie corner can't stop holding receivers.  But hey, he won't challenge Dom Capers to not have a crap scheme, so there's that.  I'll have a queue for who has to tell me I was right first.  Don't tell me I was right out of turn because the list will be very long and i'm very anal retentive about things.  You'll just muck it all up if you say I was right out of turn.  Also, don't say I was right when we go through free agency and every good corner uses us as leverage and we end up having to bring back House as a consolation prize to not bringing anybody in.  King, House and Rollins will be good enough once we add Ward or James and then a fourth round guy, right? 

1 hour ago, Chinaski_86 said:

You forgot to mention one group: you have to absolutely hate Hundley. Fans would rather have a new shiny toy over Hundley. However, we're still screwed should Rodgers get hurt this year. Kizer isn't going to change that. 

Agreed.  I think there is still a large part of the fan base that supports the team no matter what.  I don't know if it is pure fanaticism, or an inability to admit that they were wrong and still be a fan of the team/player, or some kind of (and pardon this phrase, but I don't know of one that fits better, even though there is probably one for it) fan hood virtue signal.  It is okay to disagree with a move the team makes, nobody is revoking your fan card.

I can't help but feel that we got played.  At least one part of the Browns' decision making group knows a lot about Damarious Randall, and what much of the remaining staff in Green Bay thought of Kizer, and Randall.  Maybe I'm wrong, and it is the exact opposite.  

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm done ranting and done with this thread.  I have provided plenty of material to point to when we end up with signing Ladarious Gunter in the middle of the season once Kevin King goes on IR and our fourth round rookie corner can't stop holding receivers.  But hey, he won't challenge Dom Capers to not have a crap scheme, so there's that.  I'll have a queue for who has to tell me I was right first.  Don't tell me I was right out of turn because the list will be very long and i'm very anal retentive about things.  You'll just muck it all up if you say I was right out of turn.  Also, don't say I was right when we go through free agency and every good corner uses us as leverage and we end up having to bring back House as a consolation prize to not bringing anybody in.  King, House and Rollins will be good enough once we add Ward or James and then a fourth round guy, right? 

WOW. Did you just comment some variation about "being right" in four straight sentences?  How appropriate you end your post with the word "right" - it just fits somehow.
Here - let me help get you through the day - you're right. About all of it. Always.

There ya go. Check me off the list :)

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You remind me of a 12 year old girl who just saw her puppy get hit by a truck and then her boyfriend broke up with her. Some of us try to see the positives in the moves. Yes we understand your weird obsession with Randall but lets be honest you sitting here being negative nancy is not going to make people agree with you. 

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Put me high in that queue because I want to be one of the first to point out you were wrong lol.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not to bust on ya....but it didnt look all that hot WITH Randall. Since when did he become "Shutdown DR?" I must have missed it.

He ALWAYS allowed free release - always

He ALWAYS was trailing his responsibility - always.

He wasnt all that hot in zone and a close it down tackler? Nope.

And - he was ALWAYS the first to throw up his hands in "Not my fault...what were you other guys doing?" manner - always.

This we cant replace?

Oh well. Leave it at that. We're doomed.

Did I say we were doomed lol? Never thought he was a shutdown corner. Playmaker? Yes. I also said we could rebuild it without him. I don't think it's farfetched to say our secondary could be better depth wise with him still on the team.

Randall has 1 year left on his contract and his cap hit would've costed us $2 million.

Why not try to get Amukamara for 1 year? Last year he signed a 1 year $7m contract. There was nothing in his play to suggest he could land a big long term contract or even another large 1 year contract again. He should be much cheaper to get this time round.

Last year we got House on a 1 year cap hit of $2.5m. I wonder if we can get Amukamara on a similar deal?

I have zero problem with this trade. I like Kizer far more than Hundley...he made alot of mistakes last year, but at times looked like a legit QB...something I did not see from Hundley. I expect Hundley to be dealt or cut. I still think they need a 1 year vet type so Kizer can sit and learn. I also like the move up in two middle rounds.

As far as losing Randall...The guy was a lockerroom cancer from all public reports. They made mistakes on Hyde and Hayward, but this isn't one of them. They need two FA CB's now. Hopefully they bring back Tramon Williams and add a guy like Colvin. There is definitely a gaping hole there right now.

Just now, Pugger said:

Of course now we don't have to waste a pick on a backup QB.

Do you think Kizer is better than Hundley? If so, how much better?

From what I have seen so far, it is a lateral move.  Now the team has to find at least 2 starting corners in the draft, FA, or internal player progression.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

WOW. Did you just comment some variation about "being right" in four straight sentences?  How appropriate you end your post with the word "right" - it just fits somehow.
Here - let me help get you through the day - you're right. About all of it. Always.

There ya go. Check me off the list :)

Sign me up too. This is great ??

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Did I say we were doomed lol? I said we could rebuild it without him. I don't think it's farfetched to say our secondary couldn't be better depth wise with him still on the team.

I said I wasnt busting on ya right? DR wasnt that hot in what he was getting paid to do: cover people. Plus he wasnt the most responsible or liked guy on the team.

He was FAR FROM essential.

I hope Packerraymond is right and Pettine didnt want anything to do with him. Good. I'm hoping for a much more "in your face....and hold players accountable" attitude from our DC. Capers seemed like he was on the same slowing down treadmill as TT.

Archived