Predict The Roster

SemperFeist

Still doubt they'll keep CJ Ham on the 53. Almost all of his snaps in preseason have come at tailback. He's playing RB because Murray has been out and they don't have a lot of depth at the position. Once Cook and McKinnon are done for the game, it's been Newby and nothing much else otherwise at RB.  

Ham's only route to the 53 is if they're going to dress him for games (no point keeping him on the 53 as a healthy scratch when he'd be easy to get onto the PS). They won't dress a 4th RB if the top 3 are healthy. That means he'll have to play FB and be a lead blocker. Has he had even one snap as a lead blocker in preseason so far? I can't remember any. 

I think they'll keep a 4th TE who can block, allowing them to use Morgan as an H-back lead blocker on the rare occasions when Shurmur wants someone to fill that role. That's probably Carter. 

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

I don't see any way that Bridgewater is able to come of the PUP within the next few weeks.

All it takes is the team deciding to take him off the PUP. They have to take him off of PUP for him to practice with the team but they may take him off even if he isn't practicing with the team at the time.

2 hours ago, Krauser said:

Still doubt they'll keep CJ Ham on the 53. Almost all of his snaps in preseason have come at tailback. He's playing RB because Murray has been out and they don't have a lot of depth at the position. Once Cook and McKinnon are done for the game, it's been Newby and nothing much else otherwise at RB.  

Ham's only route to the 53 is if they're going to dress him for games (no point keeping him on the 53 as a healthy scratch when he'd be easy to get onto the PS). They won't dress a 4th RB if the top 3 are healthy. That means he'll have to play FB and be a lead blocker. Has he had even one snap as a lead blocker in preseason so far? I can't remember any. 

I think they'll keep a 4th TE who can block, allowing them to use Morgan as an H-back lead blocker on the rare occasions when Shurmur wants someone to fill that role. That's probably Carter. 

A 4th running back or a 4th tight end, neither is going to add something to the offense. Whether they keep Ham and/or Carter, it's going to come down to who plays better on special teams. 

And we already saw Morgan lineup at fullback, in front of Cook, against Seattle. That should nix the idea of Ham as a fullback. 

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Ham could make the team for the fact that Murray has been hurt. Once Murray is healthy, is expect MN to try and get Ham on the PS.

Murray is healthy. He's been practicing with the team for almost two weeks, and will make his debut Sunday.

I could actually see Ham getting the nod a sign the 3rd RB if Murray doesn't impress the team enough. We signed him knowing he had the  injury and it would take some time to get back, but with how Cook has played, with how me know McKinnon can fit in, and Ham's "versatility" and relative success in the preseason, I suppose he could get the nod. We'd lose money on Murray, but I think that isn't the only way Ham makes the 53. Otherwise it's off to the PS.

With Rudolph being a little banged up right now and with some people wanting us to carry a 4th TE I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Gary Barnidge.  He would be really valuable in the post season if one of our other guys get banged up.  I think he's still dangerous as a receiver.  I think Cleveland only cut him to make room to develop their first round rookie TE Njoku.  Brandon Pettigrew is still a free agent too?  

Edit:

I guess it looks like there are still quite a few decent veteran free agents available at different positions too.  Maybe  hanging on to the young guys and then bringing in vets in case of injury would be a better idea.

7 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Can we please trade Jarius Wright to the Patriots for a late round pick?  With Julian Edelman down they are hurting for slot WR depth and everyone knows that Danny Amendola is bound to get hurt at some point!

Wright + Weatherly for Cameron Fleming. 

I predict that the starting offensive line for the first game will be 5 guys that are found standing in the beer line 25 minutes before kickoff!

Archived