Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

42 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

He just looks like a game manager. Doesn't look like he is particularly good at anything.  I think it's his hair mostly.

I just watched the condensed Texans v Pats game over lunch and the thing that I noticed most about Savage is how long he holds the ball before deciding what to do - I don't know if that's a trend or not (I haven't watched him much in the past), but good lord he'll be in for a world of pain once teams dial up more pressure if that is his typically M.O.
As for Watson, I didn't see much from him. Decent when throwing check downs, resorted to running the ball too much, and there really wasn't one throw I saw where I feel like he "flashed". Granted this isn't a damning critique of him two preseasons games into his career, but if people think he's ready to start anytime soon I think they're mistaken (especially in a BoB offense).

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think Savage has the ability to be a game manager. He can play "dont screw it up for the defense". I think Watson is completely different. Dude has great ability and has a lot of confidence. He plays like a gun slinger. I think playing like a gun slinger as a rookie under BOB will cause some issues for him for his first year. I think he might be able to develop into a good QB but I think it will take a year or two to do it. 

I'm not too worried about his play but rather...can he stay healthy..

History says no....our draft pick stock says please for the love of goodness please go down.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Based on what? He's never even thrown a TD pass.

that I dont see BOB asking that much from him. I can see him wanting to not screw it up for the defense or to rush Watson onto the field. Lile @EL Brownsosaid, he just looks like one. I agree with that. He is built to be a game manager. I can just see BOB giving him the keys to the offense and telling him to no screw it up aka Dont go full Brock mode

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

that I dont see BOB asking that much from him. I can see him wanting to not screw it up for the defense or to rush Watson onto the field. Lile @EL Brownsosaid, he just looks like one. I agree with that. He is built to be a game manager. I can just see BOB giving him the keys to the offense and telling him to no screw it up aka Dont go full Brock mode

Built to be a game manager?  What does this even mean?

And I could be wrong but I don't think @EL Brownso was serious.

21 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

But in a very polite way.

Oh...of course...in the most gentlemanly and polite way possible....

And Maybe just maybe he gets temporarily  blinded from the eclipse and has to shut it down the rest of the season. While he's unexpectedly blinded for the season he realizes he's never really listened to nature and his surroundings; that he has never truly utilized the full capacity of his other senses. Over the course of the year, he develops superhuman senses and transforms into a homo sapien sapien for which the next trajectory of human evolution branches off of. Yes, then the Browns get a top pick, Tom Savage has a rewarding experience, and his offspring change the course of human existence.

....I think that works out well for all parties involved....

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Built to be a game manager?  What does this even mean?

And I could be wrong but I don't think @EL Brownso was serious.

that he does nothing special. He is like Hoyer. Not big, not athletic, not a super athletic arm. Just smart enough to run a pro offense.  

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess we have different definitions of game managers.

doesnt really matter what your definition is or not. When you get labeled as a game manager its basically because you suck. You dont really excel. 

Game managers arent usually long term answers. They might do enough if enough of the team around you is really good and they can carry you. 

You look at the QBs in the NFL who are basically game managers and they are teams that never reach their potential or just kinda suck. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

doesnt really matter what your definition is or not. When you get labeled as a game manager its basically because you suck. You dont really excel. 

Game managers arent usually long term answers. They might do enough if enough of the team around you is really good and they can carry you. 

You look at the QBs in the NFL who are basically game managers and they are teams that never reach their potential or just kinda suck. 

You're on an island on this one, Buno. Tom Brady was a game manager until very recently when the offense started opening up. Game manager is a guy who doesn't take huge risks and plays to win. Just because every game manager the Browns have had sucks doesn't mean they all do. 

Archived