Broncos Sign QB Case Keenum

elliot878

Just now, broncosfan07 said:

But the thing is Keenum has been given chances, on multiple teams. And it took him falling into the starting spot on an absolutely stacked team to put up better career numbers than Trevor.

IF we draft Allen it's just about the worst possible outcome. We replaced Trevor with an older Trevor and may attempt to replace Lynch with a less tall Lynch.

Allen is a substantially better prospect than Lynch, but your sentiment and concerns are still valid, and I share them. That said, I have a feeling Allen goes 1.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Allen is a substantially better prospect than Lynch, but your sentiment and concerns are still valid, and I share them. That said, I have a feeling Allen goes 1.

While I do think Allen is a much better prospect, and I think Allen could become a very good QB. I just don't want it to be for this team after the recent failures.

6 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

But the thing is Keenum has been given chances, on multiple teams. And it took him falling into the starting spot on an absolutely stacked team to put up better career numbers than Trevor.

IF we draft Allen it's just about the worst possible outcome. We replaced Trevor with an older Trevor and may attempt to replace Lynch with a less tall Lynch.

It  took foles on a stacked team to resurrect his career, rich Gannon on a stacked raiders offense, alex smith niners and chiefs, Goff with the rams, taylor had a stacked oline and borderline hof rb you know the guy we passed on for knowshon. 

I'm trying to understand your point but don't. 

Those teams all were pretty bad for a few years and had built up a lot of talent and just needed the right QB/coach combo to put them over the top.

Could it happen? Sure. Likely to? No. It's simply just a waste of cap and time, this team is not remotely close to the Vikings talent level. Keenum really isn't going to be a vast improvement in wins.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It  took foles on a stacked team to resurrect his career, rich Gannon on a stacked raiders offense, alex smith niners and chiefs, Goff with the rams, taylor had a stacked oline and borderline hof rb you know the guy we passed on for knowshon. 

I'm trying to understand your point but don't. 

We’re not even close to a stacked team.  And when your comps are Foles Gannon Smith and Taylor not exactly murderers row 

If a QB is getting paid $20 million + he needs to be able to raise all boats not the other way around. 

Keenum is not that type of player, all of the rookies have the potential to be that kind of QB plus they’re cheaper. 

If no QB is drafted we will win enough games to be out of the top 10 and be in QB  purgatory 

I am going to resent the fact that I’ll spend all season wondering what Chad Kelly could be just because there won’t be any other viable long term answers on the 2018 squad

Maybe Elway moves back and drafts Lamar Jackson just for @champ11 I could get behind that sort of move but we need to get a rookie QB outta this class imo and not one round 5

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Those teams all were pretty bad for a few years and had built up a lot of talent and just needed the right QB/coach combo to put them over the top.

Could it happen? Sure. Likely to? No. It's simply just a waste of cap and time, this team is not remotely close to the Vikings talent level. Keenum really isn't going to be a vast improvement in wins.

Rams did it in literally one offseason.  As did the rams, Seattle with Matt Hasselback I'm sure there's more.

This move has a feel of warner going to the Giants warner was coming off a down year though. 

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

We’re not even close to a stacked team.  And when your comps are Foles Gannon Smith and Taylor not exactly murderers row 

If a QB is getting paid $20 million + he needs to be able to raise all boats not the other way around. 

Keenum is not that type of player, all of the rookies have the potential to be that kind of QB plus they’re cheaper. 

If no QB is drafted we will win enough games to be out of the top 10 and be in QB  purgatory 

Listen if this  and trevor are the last qb moves this offseason I'd agree with you don't think that's the case no pun intended .

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I am going to resent the fact that I’ll spend all season wondering what Chad Kelly could be just because there won’t be any other viable long term answers on the 2018 squad

Maybe Elway moves back and drafts Lamar Jackson just for @champ11 I could get behind that sort of move but we need to get a rookie QB outta this class imo and not one round 5

I'm  looking forward say Rosen, Mayfield, Allen fall to 5. Buffalo offers a kings  ransom to get to our spot to get rosen do you take the bait? I'm talking Hershel Walker type haul.

Then do you pick Lamar or trade up for mayfield and allen?

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Listen if this  and trevor are the last qb moves this offseason I'd agree with you don't think that's the case no pun intended .

Well that’s why I’m interested in the contract.  As @Broncofan has said, guaranteed money after year 1 could very well mean no QB early which I think is a mistake 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I'm  looking forward say Rosen, Mayfield, Allen fall to 5. Buffalo offers a kings  ransom to get to our spot do you take the bait? I'm talking Hershel Walker type haul.

We're not getting a Herschel Walker type haul for #5. If we get anything, it would be 12, 22, and probably a 2nd, or 1st next year. Still not an awful haul, by the way, but I might do that deal.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm  looking forward say Rosen, Mayfield, Allen fall to 5. Buffalo offers a kings  ransom to get to our spot to get rosen do you take the bait? I'm talking Hershel Walker type haul.

Now that Buffalo is at #12 it makes a deal more appealing for sure.  No way any of the top 4 QBs make it to 12 though

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

We're not getting a Herschel Walker type haul for #5. If we get anything, it would be 12, 22, and probably a 2nd, or 1st next year. Still not an awful haul, by the way, but I might do that deal.

Same, and I think  this puts  a premium even more on getting another rb as well as oline.