The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think if we make it to the playoffs, Stroud will run.

Protect yourself now and then make the crazy runs when you need them in a tight game.

I'm not saying he should keep it 15 times a game, but experience matters.  Perhaps they are pulling a ropeadope and Stroud runs for 150 yards against Alabama who keys on Henderson, but I don't think so.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, NateDawg said:

Pre-season name rec typically wins the days with these awards. Chris Olave is a great player but he is Ohio State’s third best receiver and the stats also support that. Still a first or at worst, second round pick. Garrett Wilson is certainly the most talented receiver though. JSN is a 1,000 yard guy already also. 

Really don’t know if I would say Olave is our 3rd best WR. JSN is great but he does greatly benefit playing with Olave and Garrett. You don’t break the WR TD record at tOSU without being elite 

Just now, buno67 said:

Really don’t know if I would say Olave is our 3rd best WR. JSN is great but he does greatly benefit playing with Olave and Garrett. You don’t break the WR TD record at tOSU without being elite 

They’re all 3 excellent. Take your pick between Olave and JSN but at the next level I like Garrett Wilson as the elite performer. Good debate to have. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

They’re all 3 excellent. Take your pick between Olave and JSN but at the next level I like Garrett Wilson as the elite performer. Good debate to have. 

I think my pick would be Olave. Reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

As crazy as this sounds, this has to be the most dominant era of OSU football ever under Ryan Day. He’s perfect for how the game is transitioning.

Just crazy to think the past 4 HCs have been great hires that took the team to different levels.

Cooper made tOSU a pretty good brand nationally. He was able to recruit nationally and bring in a lot of great talent. Just couldn’t  beat Michigan. Tress comes in and basically picks up where he left off but started the era of dominance over Michigan. Urbz comes in and makes the program one of the sexiest programs in the nation. Getting just about any recruit he wants and making the team a true power year in and year out. Day has turned the program into a recruiting machine mixed with amazing coaching. Day seems like he is a combination of all the great aspects of the 3 coaches prior to him. 

Cant wait to see the “hang 100 on them Mindset” that we didn’t get to see last year

• Like 1

This offense is obviously special. I’m not sure what glitch was happening there for a couple weeks where our OL couldn’t get any push. As long as they can continue to win the battle for the line of scrimmage, I don’t expect things to slow down. I am always cautious with Michigan week. It’s on the road, and I am never going to forget the John Cooper years. So you can’t go into the match up taking anything for granted. They are certainly hitting their stride though. I think we will give up some points but this is a tough offense to stop. One thing you have to be looking at is the number of pre-snap penalties we had for a couple weeks. Our center seemed to struggle with some crowd noise. As a team they only had one penalty yesterday though which is huge. If they stay ahead of schedule on offense and win the line of scrimmage I think they probably run away with this one.