The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2021/11/126682/five-star-safety-sonny-styles-commits-to-ohio-state

Elite local talent and legacy coming to Ohio State. Big get, as his older brother is at Notre Dame.

I am shocked by this, at this time.   I figure him signing before signing day would be to ND with us having to work out a flip

this is a great change of what I was expecting/ hoping

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Game of the year next week for us.

Playoff pending of course.

OSU plays the #6 and #7 team both of the next two weeks. If they get through that they have a Wisconsin team that is playing their best football and is the best defense we will have seen on this season.

Personally from what I’m seeing right now, I think we slip up at some point. The air attack was great today, but we have seen that at other points in the season and shown inconsistency from week to week and haven’t seen consistent success against a solid defense. In the meantime, the defense was atrocious today and has been weak throughout much of the season.

With all that said, yes, the offense was fantastic today. And I think Williams needs to be the short yardage running back. Ohio State has three legitimate first round receivers out there, two of which are going to be gone after this season. If they catch fire and the guys block they can still be dangerous.

Edited by NateDawg

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

OSU plays the #6 and #7 team both of the next two weeks. If they get through that they have a Wisconsin team that is playing their best football and is the best defense we will have seen on this season.

Personally from what I’m seeing right now, I think we slip up at some point. The air attack was great today, but we have seen that at other points in the season and shown inconsistency from week to week and haven’t seen consistent success against a solid defense. In the meantime, the defense was atrocious today and has been weak throughout much of the season.

With all that said, yes, the offense was fantastic today. And I think Williams needs to be the short yardage running back. Ohio State has three legitimate first round receivers out there, two of which are going to be gone after this season. If they catch fire and the guys block they can still be dangerous.

Still don’t think Wisconsin’s defense is all that special. When they faced teams with top tier offensive talent like Michigan and Notre Dame, they were lit up for an avg of 40. 

also the defense wasn’t that bad yesterday as you were making it out to be yesterday. Purdue had to do some quirky things to get things going in the first half, like running that quad set into the boundary that got the RB wide open. That was a great play by by them. 2nd half didn’t bother me because that game was over by halftime. Day completely Out coached Brohm. Brohm is easily the best coach they were facing the rest of the season. 

The way Henderson is playing, you can not sell out to stop the either aspect of the offense. Only defense I see truly shutting down OSU is Georgia

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Still don’t think Wisconsin’s defense is all that special. When they faced teams with top tier offensive talent like Michigan and Notre Dame, they were lit up for an avg of 40. 

also the defense wasn’t that bad yesterday as you were making it out to be yesterday. Purdue had to do some quirky things to get things going in the first half, like running that quad set into the boundary that got the RB wide open. That was a great play by by them. 2nd half didn’t bother me because that game was over by halftime. Day completely Out coached Brohm. Brohm is easily the best coach they were facing the rest of the season. 

The way Henderson is playing, you can not sell out to stop the either aspect of the offense. Only defense I see truly shutting down OSU is Georgia

I’m not sure how you watched yesterday and thought the defense wasn’t pretty rough. They did whatever they wanted throwing the ball against Ohio State. 481 total yards and almost 400 through the air.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure how you watched yesterday and thought the defense wasn’t pretty rough. They did whatever they wanted throwing the ball against Ohio State. 481 total yards and almost 400 through the air.

If they were able to do whatever they wanted, why was it 45-17 at halftime? You would think they should have been able to match Ohio St drive for drive,right? At least made it a competitive game. Watching that first half, Purdue wasn’t striking fear into Ohio State at all! Day made sure another upset wasn’t happening.

Seemed like they kept everything in front to force Purdue to drive the ball, hence why they passed it 52x at 7yards a reception avg. 2nd half they were coasting to victory and playing to Keep people healthy.

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If they were able to do whatever they wanted, why was it 45-17 at halftime? You would think they should have been able to match Ohio St drive for drive,right? At least made it a competitive game. Watching that first half, Purdue wasn’t striking fear into Ohio State at all! Day made sure another upset wasn’t happening.

Seemed like they kept everything in front to force Purdue to drive the ball, hence why they passed it 52x at 7yards a reception avg. 2nd half they were coasting to victory and playing to Keep people healthy.

They had a fluke special teams turnover, a missed handoff turnover when they were heading down to score, and another fumble. They moved the ball up and down the field. 31 points and as I said, 500 yards. The stats tell the tale.

If by coasting to victory you mean Purdue moving the ball up and down the field in the second half, you are absolutely right. There were only a couple of stops on the game outside of what I mentioned. Purdue offense had their way with the buckeye defense. I’m not sure how you didn’t see that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t expect them to be Georgia on defense. They just need to be average covering people with this offense. 

Watch us somehow find a way to beat MSU, UM, and Wisconsin who all struggle with their passing games and then lay an egg against a team who actually can throw the ball…assuming our lack of ability to consistently run the ball or play effectively against physical teams doesn’t end us in that stretch.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Garrett Wilson got snubbed.... or are seniors the only ones eligible? That's me being naive.

Good for Chris though

Pre-season name rec typically wins the days with these awards. Chris Olave is a great player but he is Ohio State’s third best receiver and the stats also support that. Still a first or at worst, second round pick. Garrett Wilson is certainly the most talented receiver though. JSN is a 1,000 yard guy already also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Pre-season name rec typically wins the days with these awards. Chris Olave is a great player but he is Ohio State’s third best receiver and the stats also support that. Still a first or at worst, second round pick. Garrett Wilson is certainly the most talented receiver though. JSN is a 1,000 yard guy already also. 

Wasn't aware. I guess I really don't follow awards other than the Heisman.... and I don't follow that too much. When it's all said and done, I wouldn't be shocked to see Olave become the 5th-6th best WR on this team. That is no slight to him but just attributed to how absolutely stacked we are at the position.