The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Meh, it would be a watered down version of anything, Stroud wouldn’t play, others wouldn’t, Bama I’m sure would be in a similar boat. When you lose to Michigan, don’t go to the playoffs, and basically fail at your goals, there’s really not a consolation prize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Meh, it would be a watered down version of anything, Stroud wouldn’t play, others wouldn’t, Bama I’m sure would be in a similar boat. When you lose to Michigan, don’t go to the playoffs, and basically fail at your goals, there’s really not a consolation prize. 

consolation prize is seeing the future. Harrison had his coming out party last year.

I wouldnt mind seeing the potentially future starting QB play. Hell, it will get him ready sooner next year. I remember stroud looking shaky early on when his first starts. Wouldnt mind seeing their first start being the Rose Bowl, especially when they open up vs Indiana next year

• Like 1

I wonder how many OSU fans will be rooting for Utah. I know I will be as I am also an ND fan, and I bemoan their failure to derail USC's playoff hopes.

Utah already beat USC once this season. I think they will be up to the task of doing it again.

Edited by pf9
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, pf9 said:

I wonder how many OSU fans will be rooting for Utah. I know I will be as I am also an ND fan, and I bemoan their failure to derail USC's playoff hopes.

Utah already beat USC once this season. I think they will be up to the task of doing it again.

Either that or we have to wait a whole long year to get that team up north back. Hopefully Stroud goes to the pros. He's a robin/nightwave when we needed a batman. 

MC

Henderson blacked out his profile picture and scrubbed everything OSU related in his bios. Still had a lot of pics up but this could turn into something unpleasant. I know he's had his Twitter replies turned off for a long time as fans have really been *******s to him. Really hope he doesn't leave

Meh while I agree and hope he stays, the high school black out of social media drama doesn’t do much for me. If you want to play on the big stage, criticism comes based on performance. Sounds like same story with Tyleik Williams. I’m not one to waste time reading into the social media games. 

• Like 2

If USC somehow losses and JSX and Treyvon are healthy I think you put OSU at 4. 

We didn’t have a healthy running game this past week. I honestly had no idea who number 19 was or is. If JSX and Trey are still out just give us a New Years 6, but if they can play we can beat Georgia. 

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Meh while I agree and hope he stays, the high school black out of social media drama doesn’t do much for me. If you want to play on the big stage, criticism comes based on performance. Sounds like same story with Tyleik Williams. I’m not one to waste time reading into the social media games. 

I guess I'm not hip enough to know it's drama lol. I took it as he is frustrated with how his injury was handled bc it was very, very strange IMO. Being in a boot, then being back out a couple weeks later, playing the game, back in a boot rinse and repeat. Also been reading people aren't happy with the new turf so maybe that was something else but not sure if there's any weight to that. 

Hope he's good and comes back though. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If USC somehow losses and JSX and Treyvon are healthy I think you put OSU at 4. 

We didn’t have a healthy running game this past week. I honestly had no idea who number 19 was or is. If JSX and Trey are still out just give us a New Years 6, but if they can play we can beat Georgia. 

Chip ran the ball well. Not sure why Hayden wasn't used often but at least Chip was effective. Granted he was a RB at the OSU Knowles came from so I'd expect he be decent at the very least. 

I used to think this team could hang with anyone in the country but not sure now. That secondary needs to get their **** together. Our offense definitely could if Day didn't let up his foot when calling plays

Exhibit A why Stroud won’t amount to much imo. Instead of improvising to wide open running room he throws the ball to Harrison at the LOS, who is blanketed. If it’s Day that refuses to let the QB run at all, there’s even bigger issues. Stroud’s refusal to run gives the defense such as advantage.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Exhibit A why Stroud won’t amount to much imo. Instead of improving to wide open running room he throws the ball to Harrison at the LOS, who is blanketed. If it’s Day that refuses to let the QB run at all, there’s even bigger issues. Stroud’s refusal to run gives the defense such as advantage.

I'm also not a fan of his "pocket movement" it seems like every there is pressure on him, regardless of where it's coming from, he does some kind of weird madden spin move before moving in another direction.  It's like it's so ingrained from practice to spin and roll out that he can't do anything else.  Maybe I'm just spoiled from having Brees as the QB of the Saints for so long with his amazing pocket movement stepping up, rolling out etc much more cleanly for so many years that I noticed it a lot more in pocket QBs now.

It's almost like Stroud has had the movements from practice so drilled into his head that he has a hard time adjusting on the fly.  Whether that's what's being drilled into him or him just doing extra mental drills to better prepare, something is lacking.

• Like 1