The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Apparently the QB transfer from Kansas State Will Howard followed a bunch of OSU players on twitter last night FWIW

I know nothing about him lol

Stats aren’t all that great… he might be willing to compete. 

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Best thing probably for this team and staff heading into the offseason is a loss to a meh Missouri team. They need as much pressure to evaluate and make changes as possible right now. 

Not really sure what there is to focus on if they do lose though. We knew the OL was an issue and we're down to a true freshman, 3rd string QB so the offense will obviously be held back. Maybe you're looking at it from a different angle though. Frye doesn't seem to recruit too well and the line has been suspect all year so he definitely needs talked to and Fleming does as well but this stuff was already known. 

What else were you thinking?

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not really sure what there is to focus on if they do lose though. We knew the OL was an issue and we're down to a true freshman, 3rd string QB so the offense will obviously be held back. Maybe you're looking at it from a different angle though. Frye doesn't seem to recruit too well and the line has been suspect all year so he definitely needs talked to and Fleming does as well but this stuff was already known. 

What else were you thinking?

Administration on Ryan Day and his future here. And that Day in the meantime at least feels the pressure enough to hit the portal hard. 

Edited by NateDawg

41 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Clearly OSU did not want to be in this game, they wanted to be in the playoff, and it's showing.

Defense played really well. Hard to hold a good offense to that little when they always have the ball. And offensively, our line and run game sucked all year. Not sure that want to did much today.

I guess I just look at things differently than others. Lincoln had 0 meaningful snaps all season. Once Devin went down, I knew the game was over. I had already accepted that so the outcome didn't make me as emotional. Our defense was absolutely lights out until the end of the game when they were likely gassed bc the offense was inept and couldn't give them a breather. 

One unit that does not get a pass is the OL. They were terrible tonight. Absolutely awful. That whole section needs to be reevaluated from top to bottom. 

Day deserves some blame bc he's the guy and that's just how things work but he should not be looked at as heavily or with more scrutiny than Frye unless he fails to do something about it. 

I respect people upset about our lack of involvement in the portal especially on the OL but I'm not going to pretend I know why we don't do anything. I don't feel like anyone else should either bc we likely don't know the facts and are just assuming. One thing is certain though, we need to improve that area 100% over the off-season especially if everyone is coming back (might lose some people after tonight though) bc it is the basis for a solid offense and we didn't have it all year. 

If we fix the OL, it will make the transition into '24 so much easier and whomever that QB is will also have an easier job. We have a favorable schedule and a solid group of guys where we can make a good run at things. It starts in the trenches though so that must be fixed. No questions.

Just my late night .02

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Best thing probably for this team and staff heading into the offseason is a loss to a meh Missouri team. They need as much pressure to evaluate and make changes as possible right now. 

I agree with this. Pressure makes progress. Whoever the OL coach is needs to be fired immediately. You cannot have a program like Ohio State and have your entire OL looking like turnstiles against meh competition. 

This is going to be an annoying AF offseason to sit through and Im just hoping we dont get half of the 2024 class decommitting at this point. 

Edited by AkronsWitness