The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I guess we ran a lot less practices compared to last year too.

Wtf is going on at OSU.

Country club atmosphere. No more pins and needles it’s sad. 

Supposedly the KSU QB is probably coming here. Not sure what to think. He’s decent but definitely not elite. Better then McCord at least I’d think.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Country club atmosphere. No more pi’s and needles it’s sad. 

Supposedly the KSU QB is probably coming here. Not sure what to think. He’s decent but definitely not elite. Better then McCord at least I’d think.

Will Howard was fantastic against Texas. That’s the best barometer game to judge him when he’s cooking.

On 1/1/2024 at 6:46 PM, NateDawg said:

Country club atmosphere. No more pins and needles it’s sad. 

How is it that Ohio State has the best WR room in the country but can't get a good QB?  

6 hours ago, Patrick66 said:

How is it that Ohio State has the best WR room in the country but can't get a good QB?  

I mean, they do have a 5 star QB in Air Noland arriving in like 3 days.  The problem was Ewers transferring out because he didn't get to start as a true freshman, otherwise they would have went from Stroud to Ewers with Noland coming in behind him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patrick66 said:

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, they do have a 5 star QB in Air Noland arriving in like 3 days.  The problem was Ewers transferring out because he didn't get to start as a true freshman, otherwise they would have went from Stroud to Ewers with Noland coming in behind him.

At some point we have to acknowledge the lack of player development across the board here outside of the WR position. We’ve had 5 star after 5 star underachieve at DE/DL since Chase Young left. We’ve had highly talented guys in the secondary underwhelm since Coombs left. We had an elite ranked OL first round touted kid look completely undraftable this year. 

Air Noland I completely expect to underwhelm next year here. The same holds with our horrific OL play, vanilla blocking scheme, and lack of talent and physicality across the board on defense.

Brace yourselves for a 2+ loss season again folks, it’s coming. 

I am personally hoping the wheels fall off altogether and we get the charlatans out of here.

See, I don't think it's a lack of development that is the big issue.  I think it's a lack of toughness, which may be even worse.  Especially along the lines.  We seem to have kids walking in here to be the next big thing, but they aren't ready to grind it out and play with the attitude of driving their opponent into the ground for 60 minutes.

44 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

See, I don't think it's a lack of development that is the big issue.  I think it's a lack of toughness, which may be even worse.  Especially along the lines.  We seem to have kids walking in here to be the next big thing, but they aren't ready to grind it out and play with the attitude of driving their opponent into the ground for 60 minutes.

I think it’s both. The outside zone finesse scheme is a schematic disaster and doesn’t breed physicality.

The undersized Front 7 gets kicked in the teeth vs physical teams.

There is no gap run scheme or quarterback run scheme.

They never run between the C and OG.

They couldn’t lose less than 2 games with CJ Stroud.

Get them all out of here.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Apparently looking more like Will Howard will be coming in. He's got an OV scheduled and it could be during that time that is gets announced. Also rumors that Frye and Dennis might be on their way out.

Deuces to both those guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I was raked through the coals going back to 2018-2019 for hating on Day and questioning him and his ability as a head coach. I’m more vindicated with every passing day. He took this program at a high point and at best kept it as a contender and never once has risen the bar. Trajectory on the brink of free fall, and if they don’t right the ship soon they’ll be in Texas post Mack Brown territory.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was raked through the coals going back to 2018-2019 for hating on Day and questioning him and his ability as a head coach. I’m more vindicated with every passing day. He took this program at a high point and at best kept it as a contender and never once has risen the bar. Trajectory on the brink of free fall, and if they don’t right the ship soon they’ll be in Texas post Mack Brown territory.

I would liken them more worst case to Oklahoma territory than Texas territory. They have still maintained a high-level of talent on offense, although soft on the offensive line. The defense was actually the strong point this year, although they wore down due to depth. That depth will catch up if they don’t up the defensive recruiting to match what they are bringing in on offense. They are still going to turn out a lot of offensive talent to the NFL, but I think if he doesn’t make some major changes, they will have already reached their peak under him as coach. I’m assuming it’s coming, but I am surprised there have been no official changes to staff yet.