Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Bills (0-0)

swede700

28 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Agreed.

I thought that Gedeon did a solid job as well. They pointed out on the one screen pass that he should have routed the TE back inside, but because of the blitz and the rest of the DL getting fooled he didn't have anyone inside to route them back to, so would have been a larger gain.

Bower also had a good game for the Vikings.

Wilson and Coley were the two that really impressed me, right on top of things, Wilson could have had a pick, and he had a nice pass break-up. With watching Coley and Rodney Adams (and Floyd), I don't know that either Sherels or Wright end up making the team. Both Coley and Adams seem more explosive than either of them.

Sherels makes the team. Period. Every year, people talk about Sherels getting cut. Every year he's one of the league's top special teams players. 

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Sherels makes the team. Period. Every year, people talk about Sherels getting cut. Every year he's one of the league's top special teams players. 

That's probably true, we also say the same thing about Jaruis Wright, haha.

Sherels is a very good returner still and he is good on coverage as well, and pretty bad at CB. I did a early 53 man roster prediction, I could see him going above Antoine Exum Jr at CB, though Exum looked decent last night.

12 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Update on the Bills announcers: still atrocious. They sat there complaining about how the refs didn't signal that there was a touchdown, and how bad the refs have been this game (because of all of the penalties as well). Meanwhile, it was pretty clear that the ref in the corner threw his arms up signaling the TD.

Since they were the announcers on GamePass,I was forced to watch and listen to them and I agree.  They were absolutely awful.  People who think PA isn't great at PBP should have listened to these clowns.  Coming out of the halftime break, they even ripped their own head coach for being a bad interview.  

I saw mostly the 2nd and 3rd quarter before I had to leave for dinner, and I was pleased with what I saw. The team played with little energy or impact at first (a 3-3 tie at the half says it all), but whatever Zim said to them at halftime must have made an impression because they came out swinging with those two third quarter touchdowns. I was impressed with Keenum and Rodney Adams. Can't forget about Coley and Bower, either. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win and it counts for something, even in the preseason.

Also, my birthday is coming up, and the only present I want is T.J. Clemmings never starting another regular-season game for the Vikings. PLEASE?! That's all I want.

I'll have a playoff berth for Christmas.

Archived