Stability in former "Executive of the Year" Steve Keim as GM

Steve Wilks

Larry Fitzgerald

Rebuilding NFC West opponents

David Johnson

Rumored deal offered by ARZ is huge

#BecauseFootball

Young, talented defense

Mike McCoy (history of working for productive veteran QB's)

The Cardinals are in a situation where they literally have no quarterbacks under contract. Minnesota has been wishy washy about their commitments to anyone which I think will hurt them. The Vikings reached out to Drew Brees last night. Their head coach Mike Zimmer publicly said he didn't know which Case Keenum they would be getting if re-signed. Zimmer also put it out there that Sam Bradford has a degenerative condition in his knee, but the Vikings do seem to like Bradford a lot. Teddy Bridgewater has been an afterthought and seems like he is only wanted back if he is comfortable being a backup who can compete down the line.

After dealing with the fiasco that is the Redskins, Cousins probably just wants to go to a franchise that isn't afraid to show how much they want or need him. The Jets have been very transparent about their interest in signing Cousins, as have the Cardinals. The difference is the Cardinals are not in a division with the New England Patriots, and their roster is mostly made up. The Jets could be a great landing spot for Cousins too of course. The connection to the Jets OC, Jeremy Bates, is a huge advantage for them. Having the sixth overall selection and signing Kirk Cousins, combined with an NFL leading cap space situation, makes the Jets an attractive destination. Oh, and New York could be a great platform for Kirk Cousins to develop his marketability, right? Well by that same token, New York has been harsh on its star athletes before. The moment the team starts to underachieve, the pressure builds from the fanbase and the criticism unfolds. Coming from Washington, a place where Cousins may feel there was no loyalty to him, a place like Arizona may appear to be the only safe place that can offer Cousins what he needs. What do you think?

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

After dealing with the fiasco that is the Redskins, Cousins probably just wants to go to a franchise that isn't afraid to show how much they want or need him.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

Free agent QB Kirk Cousins is visiting the #Vikings first, source said. That first visit is huge.

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet

The #Vikings are in the driver’s seat for free agent QB Kirk Cousins. They offered him a 3-year, $28M per year deal. It is not over. But if the visit goes well, he is likely to sign there.

Why would Arizona be a better idea? To play with Fitzgerald for 1 season max? Because they have a good player coming off a serious injury to hand the ball off to?

Minnesota is significantly better. And the wishy-washy QB commitment is because they don't have Kirk Cousins there. Cousins going to Minnesota immediately solves their alleged commitment issues.

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Diggs/Thielen/Rudolph. Cook/Murray. Better defense. Move proven HC. Easier division overall IMO. 

Minnesota was the better destination and he ultimately agreed.

Plus they’re younger and have most of their elite talent locked up long-term. They continue to draft well and should have no problems making it back to the NFC championship game with an improved QB. 

I’m of the opinion that Cousins isn’t even a franchise QB, but you can win a Super Bowl in Minnesota with Cousins due to the excellent supporting cast. I think they slightly upgraded the QB spot, but that is going to be the difference for that team.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Plus they’re younger and have most of their elite talent locked up long-term. They continue to draft well and should have no problems making it back to the NFC championship game with an improved QB. 

I’m of the opinion that Cousins isn’t even a franchise QB, but you can win a Super Bowl in Minnesota with Cousins due to the excellent supporting cast. I think they slightly upgraded the QB spot, but that is going to be the difference for that team.

The Vikings are more prepared in 2018 to win the Superbowl but long term the Cardinals are a safer choice. Three year deal versus five to me. Cousins took the three in Minnesota over the five I think are better in Arizona.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

The Vikings are more prepared in 2018 to win the Superbowl but long term the Cardinals are a safer choice. Three year deal versus five to me. Cousins took the three in Minnesota over the five I think are better in Arizona.

He could sign a 13 year contract with the Jets and it doesn't mean he should sign there. It's about winning and money. Minnesota provides that for him.

Archived