The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

13 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think all your points are well taken VD.  I think some are viewing Cousins to be such a high upgrade that doesn't take into count some of the ragged parts of his game.  There are still times when his accuracy disappears.  His bone headed decisions inevitably come at the worst possible times.  I do trust the new OC and the QB coach will be able to work at this with Cousins.  I just don't see his presence as solving the key issue of this team...getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

Sounds like Case Keenum in the Philly game. 

There's no reason to think Cousin's numbers won't improve, specificially his turnovers. Playing from behind a majority of the time can cause QBs to force throws.   I read that if Cousins had even an *average* NFL defense in WAS he would have gone 13-3.  This is a match made in heaven boys. There's a reason you don't see guys like this hit FA.

I don't see SF fans complaining about paying Jimmy G 27.5 per? And that dude's most prolific season is 7 TDs 5 INTs.   Is it just the guaranteed money that you guys don't like?  Understandable, I guess. Its a big risk. You gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette!

Edited by Duff Man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, disaacs said:

A mid-round QB isn't going to have any chance to save a season.  If you want to save a season (and not be PO'd), then you need to bring in a veteran QB with experience.  A midround QB is going to be like a deer in headlights.  

A mid-round QB won't save a season for us this year, but I suppose it's possible he could save the season for us 2-3 years down the line if we needed him to do that.  If we don't draft him now, we won't have that available in 2-3 years.  That's one way to possibly justify drafting a QB in the mid-rounds.

11 minutes ago, milanb said:

QB play is important but it's not everything. The Eagles won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB.

The Vikings could have taken a chance on Keenum, and used the money they saved to upgrade along the OL, and maybe trade for Sheldon Richardson at DT.

Yeah that ~$10 mil difference isn't making or breaking our roster. Which is what you guys have to wrap your heads around. 

We're about to find out just how much better Cousins is when Keenum goes 7-9 with Denver and his numbers take a huge hit.  

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah that ~$10 mil difference isn't making or breaking our roster. Which is what you guys have to wrap your heads around. 

We're about to find out just how much better Cousins is when Keenum goes 7-9 with Denver and his numbers take a huge hit.  

It ain't gonna make it or break it, but it would have been nice to have more depth to protect in case of injury.  

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

A mid-round QB won't save a season for us this year, but I suppose it's possible he could save the season for us 2-3 years down the line if we needed him to do that.  If we don't draft him now, we won't have that available in 2-3 years.  That's one way to possibly justify drafting a QB in the mid-rounds.

But that isn't the impression I got from his post.  He was talking about this season.  Even 2-3 years down the road, you can't count on a mid-round QB for then.  Where are Garrett Grayson, Bryce Petty and Sean Mannion saving seasons?  Or even Brett Hundley for that matter, how'd that work out?  Logan Thomas, Tom Savage, and Aaron Murray...they're really doing well. 

They need a veteran QB to back up Cousins.  Someone who's proven quality backup material.  A midround QB can be drafted...but to compete with Sloter for 3rd string, not to be the primary alternate.

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Glad we have you around to help us slower folks out...

Please explain how an extra $10m being dedicated to the most important position (by far) for an upgrade makes or breaks a $190 million dollar roster. I'll wait. 

Or you can continue dropping ****posts like this. 

Edited by Duff Man

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

But that isn't the impression I got from his post.  He was talking about this season.  Even 2-3 years down the road, you can't count on a mid-round QB for then.  Where are Garrett Grayson, Bryce Petty and Sean Mannion saving seasons?  Or even Brett Hundley for that matter, how'd that work out?  Logan Thomas, Tom Savage, and Aaron Murray...they're really doing well. 

They need a veteran QB to back up Cousins.  Someone who's proven quality backup material.  A midround QB can be drafted...but to compete with Sloter for 3rd string, not to be the primary alternate.

I don't disagree with you.  I was just thinking of a possible reason it could make sense to go QB in the mid-rounds.  They usually end up like the guys you named, but once in a while you get lucky and end up with a Russell Wilson too.  Personally, I'd rather see us use our mid-round picks to strengthen the lines on both sides of the ball.

Just now, Duff Man said:

Please explain how an extra $10m being dedicated to the most important position (by far) for an upgrade makes or break us a $190 million dollar roster. I'll wait. 

I didn't say it did. I'm just not sure why you have to be so condescending when people don't think as highly of Cousins as you do. People have written very long and detailed articles with supporting video evidence about the good and bad things that Cousins has done in his career. I don't think it's crazy that some folks are taking a wait and see approach given an unprecedented contract for a borderline top 12 QB. 

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Please explain how an extra $10m being dedicated to the most important position (by far) for an upgrade makes or breaks a $190 million dollar roster. I'll wait. 

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Glad we have you around to help us slower folks out...

Lets all just relax. Everyone has different opinions, no reason to get snippy

• Like 1

I think Vike Daddy laid it out very well.  Cousins was the best quarterback available and we did what we had to do to add him to the roster.  Kind of like when we traded for Bradford.  There were only so many players to choose from, and we took the best one we could get.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I didn't say it did. I'm just not sure why you have to be so condescending when people don't think as highly of Cousins as you do. People have written very long and detailed articles with supporting video evidence about the good and bad things that Cousins has done in his career. I don't think it's crazy that some folks are taking a wait and see approach given an unprecedented contract for a borderline top 12 QB. 

People didn't think nearly as high of Keenum before this year. Thats my whole point. Cousins is coming to a better situation and I'm expecting an increase in his play.  

Were your feelings seriously hurt by my "wrap your head around this" comment?  Why are people complete snowflakes around here lmao