Packers sign TE Jimmy Graham

marky mark

9 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

You really think 12 would’ve contacted Jimmy Graham if he didn’t think he could play at a high level?? Jimmy Graham is going to help out our offense tremendously.

I know haha. Kizer gets 100 pages but this absolute beast flames out at 7. Hahaha points galore.

It will be tough to fix this secondary so I understand why people are scratching their heads, but I'm just excited to see this kind of player with Aaron Rodgers. Not to mention Devante and Cobb somewhere in there. That is a lot different from Doug Baldwin, Eddy Lacy, and whatever mess their o line was. 

The draft is deep at corners and we have twelve picks. I really don't think trading back into the first would be out of the question but even so they might get somebody decent in the second. Still have to see how FA unfolds...

I was pretty lukewarm on signing Graham, but to all the posters saying he can no longer stretch the field, I encourage you to revisit some Seahawks tape from the past few years. I live in BC and see a lot of Seahawks games, and I can tell you he is often wide open over the middle. Wilson just never looks for him. It's mind-boggling.

3 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

I know haha. Kizer gets 100 pages but this absolute beast flames out at 7. Hahaha points galore.

It will be tough to fix this secondary so I understand why people are scratching their heads, but I'm just excited to see this kind of player with Aaron Rodgers. Not to mention Devante and Cobb somewhere in there. That is a lot different from Doug Baldwin, Eddy Lacy, and whatever mess their o line was. 

The draft is deep at corners and we have twelve picks. I really don't think trading back into the first would be out of the question but even so they might get somebody decent in the second. Still have to see how FA unfolds...

I get it too. But when healthy Jimmy Graham is one hell of a player.

As for corner, there are still options available 

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

I was pretty lukewarm on signing Graham, but to all the posters saying he can no longer stretch the field, I encourage you to revisit some Seahawks tape from the past few years. I live in BC and see a lot of Seahawks games, and I can tell you he is often wide open over the middle. Wilson just never looks for him. It's mind-boggling.

Partially because he's running for his life and cant look downfield till he gets those chasing him off his tail.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

lol at not being excited with signing jimmy graham.

have some fun in life. 

these are exactly the types of moves this team needs to be making. 

although, i'm still mad about jordy. no nostalgia, i think he has a couple of years left. 

I wouldn't be too mad if the cap space he freed up is put to use wisely, and if course would be happy if they brought him back. If not, hope he goes somewhere good... And in the AFC lol

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

I hope you're right the only place i really wanted to spend money was on the D and exactly what you said. CB's and Mowilk. Graham meh i don't think this changes us much on O really unless AR and MM use him. Will be interesting to say the least.  As ray said above if we don't get some D help we're looking at 42-41 games.

That's the thing. I disagree with most on this. I think the D is more talented than the offense. We've been investing a ton of draft resources to the defensive side of the ball year after year. There is talent on the defensive side of the ball. It just wasn't being used very well by Capers and his staff. Our WR and TE groups are actually among the least explosive groups in the NFL. We still have huge needs at OLB but I think we actually have talented guys in the secondary. I just don't think Capers was a very good fit for how Thompson likes to build the team. Capers defenses have always been predicated on having seasoned veterans that understand his offense. Thompson liked a young roster. It just wasn't a good fit. I think Josh Jones is an explosive athlete at the Safety position and HHCD is a very solid safety. I think Kevin King is going to develop into a nice player, and House is a solid #2 corner. We have a few candidates to fill the slot role. We don't have an elite secondary but we don't have a lousy one either. We actually did have a pretty lousy TE group though.

Graham is a nice addition, and he definitely addresses a glaring need.  Even if he's not the force he once was, Graham still seems to have something left in the tank.  Not sure that he has a full three years left in him, but he should give Gute some time to find a long-term solution at TE.  Have to see the contract numbers before I know how happy I am with the overall signing.

20 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

lol at not being excited with signing jimmy graham.

have some fun in life. 

these are exactly the types of moves this team needs to be making. 

although, i'm still mad about jordy. no nostalgia, i think he has a couple of years left. 

Agreed 100%.  Would be great to get Jordy back at a better deal too.

Archived