Titans to sign Malcolm Butler-CB

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Decent point here.

If we get the 15/16 version of him, this could be a huge success.

Butler/Adoree/Ryan/Sims/T.Smith isn't a bad CB group at all

Logan has 2 years on his deal, so we are building with Adoree and Butler. Ryan probably plays more slot which is his strength, maybe even could look to move him around more for different looks/blitzes.

I like the move. We have the money, so spend it. There's no game changing FA pass rusher. Shore up the back end, get a DT that can stuff the run and pray Harold Landry is there at 25 and is the next coming of Jevon Kearse.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

With half of it guaranteed isn't it looking more like a $6.5 or so per year deal?  
Where @ragevsuall17 at to break down numbers? lol

It depends on where the guaranteed money is at. 10 of it is the signing bounus so of the 51.25 mil left 20 of it is guaranteed so essentially the way I see it the yearly breakdown is 10.25 mil per year. just need to know how its structured. I am hoping the 20 mil left over guaranteed money hits in years 1-3 and its easy out after that.

I like it. Had a down year last year as others have said, but looked really good in the years with Logan Ryan beside him. Plus I think after the benching and all the speculation that came along with that, I think he comes here with a chip on his shoulder to prove people wrong. We showed we believe in him by the money we shelled out. This looks like the best group of corners we've had in quite some time on paper.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

With half of it guaranteed isn't it looking more like a $6.5 or so per year deal?  
Where @ragevsuall17 at to break down numbers? lol

without specifics its hard to tell what is front loaded, actually guaranteed and guarantees for injury only, etc.

As it stands, its $12M/year... Most of the guaranteed pays out in the first 2 years... So there's a likely out in year 3. Probably something close to 36-38M actual paid (but not in cap money) in those first 3 years... 

It fits in line with a good staring corner back... Actually may be a bargain. Good deal... Will probably look even better when the details emerge...

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

without specifics its hard to tell what is front loaded, actually guaranteed and guarantees for injury only, etc.

As it stands, its $12M/year... Most of the guaranteed pays out in the first 2 years... So there's a likely out in year 3. Probably something close to 36-38M actual paid (but not in cap money) in those first 3 years... 

It fits in line with a good staring corner back... Actually may be a bargain. Good deal... Will probably look even better when the details emerge...

Rage is the first one to make me feel a little better about the deal

Love it. Especially since he's gonna come in with a huge chip on his shoulder after the SB benching and with Adoree getting another offseason under his belt after already looking pretty good his rookie year to go along with Ryan's leadership. Love, love, love it. Now just need a pass rusher and the defense is looking great.

Archived