Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

I'm not 100% sure, not a cap guy, but there were situations where we didn't need to bring our own guys back, imo. 

for example, i was never a fan of re-signing cobb. you can easily say that was a luxury signing more than a SOL-if-we-lose-him signing. 

No doubt. Jones, Hawk, among others. At the same time, you have people mad we let too many guys go too, then we signed other guys and it backfired too. I wanted Cobb back, I didn't like that contract much though. There's multiple ways to **** this **** up.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm very much hoping we didn't overpay Graham or Wilkerson.

And Thompson signed Peppers. 

You can't use hindsight as to whether or not they were worth it. Woodson was viewed as an overpay and that was a steal.

Graham or Will would've signed those deals with another team. We didn't pay a premium for GB.

Obviously Ted signed Peppers. Every move he made in FA worked out. Would've been nice if he did it more.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I might be on crack, but I swore you led the "make Peppers take a paycut" train for a while.

Wilk deal is awesome. Graham I think might be a tiny tick high. But it's on the line.

Graham wanted to play with Arod but all accounts.Wilkerson wanted back with MP.

Sometimes that **** helps too.

no doubt, but it partially proves the point that guys care about other sh** too. 

just because we're not all pro athletes doesn't mean they're not like us at all. why do people go to cornell instead of los angeles community college? because they recognize the opportunity it provides and that it's a relatively short commitment if they don't like the location.

Why is everybody acting like Wilkerson is anything special as far as big name free agents go?  He got cut.  Graham is literally one player.  It's not radically ZOMG HOLY HELLFIRE EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT IS THIS GREEN BAY?

Graham is one free agent and he's 31 years old.  Things are not radically different.  The arrogance over using Graham and Wilkerson as evidence that things are wildly different for us is astounding to me.

Like I said, name one 27 or under big name free agent the Packers have signed in the past 20 years.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Why is everybody acting like Wilkerson is anything special as far as big name free agents go?  He got cut.  Graham is literally one player.  It's not radically ZOMG HOLY HELLFIRE EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT IS THIS GREEN BAY?

Graham is one free agent and he's 31 years old.  Things are not radically different.  The arrogance over using Graham and Wilkerson as evidence that things are wildly different for us is astounding to me.

Like I said, name one 27 or under big name free agent the Packers have signed in the past 20 years.

We're arguing our last GM didn't use FA enough and your counter argument is name a FA the Packers signed....do you see the issue with this? Lol.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

no doubt, but it partially proves the point that guys care about other sh** too. 

just because we're not all pro athletes doesn't mean they're not like us at all. why do people go to cornell instead of los angeles community college? because they recognize the opportunity it provides and that it's a relatively short commitment if they don't like the location.

I'm on your guys side on this, I just don't think it's so clearly cut and dry. I think there have absolutely been times we were competitive in cash and the guys just didn't want to come here. It is easy and logical to assume Ted just hated FA, but I don't think he was as stupid as most people do. He had hard lines drawn in the sand and he didn't want to be the guy paying 20% over market just to get a guy to go here, who doesn't even really want to come here. But we absolutely should have been in on more guys, we let things get away easily, on trades even for that matter.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Damn HZ.....I read your posts and think *I* need to grab some anti-depressants from the medicine cabinet LOL

Cheer up Dude. Not everything's "half empty".

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We also lost a starting CB, have one second year guy with limited time and bums. And haven't done **** as all the top corners signed.

I'm pretty confident we are no better as a team on paper than we were a week ago.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm on your guys side on this, I just don't think it's so clearly cut and dry. I think there have absolutely been times we were competitive in cash and the guys just didn't want to come here. It is easy and logical to assume Ted just hated FA, but I don't think he was as stupid as most people do. He had hard lines drawn in the sand and he didn't want to be the guy paying 20% over market just to get a guy to go here, who doesn't even really want to come here. But we absolutely should have been in on more guys, we let things get away easily, on trades even for that matter.

Oh I'm sure there have been, I'm also sure there's many more Danny Trevathans who wanted a call from GB and never got one.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't use hindsight as to whether or not they were worth it. Woodson was viewed as an overpay and that was a steal.

Graham or Will would've signed those deals with another team. We didn't pay a premium for GB.

Obviously Ted signed Peppers. Every move he made in FA worked out. Would've been nice if he did it more.

Wilkerson has a bad reputation in this league. Man makes Randall look like a choir boy. 

Graham's old and hasn't been hugely productive in the previous two seasons and we just made him the highest paid TE in history. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wilkerson has a bad reputation in this league. Man makes Randall look like a choir boy. 

Graham's old and hasn't been hugely productive in the previous two seasons and we just made him the highest paid TE in history. 

Graham's value was expected at double digits AAV, they had some insiders on MKE radio today that said they thought Graham was going to pull 12 per. I personally thought 10 per, I had us sign him for 2/22 in a mock to overpay a bit.

Wilkerson would've made 5m from any team in that group of visits he went on. Without his flaws he'd be worth the 5/85 he got.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

i agree. i agree with shanedorf's post as well. i'm not naive, i realize green bay is a tough place to just suddenly acclimate too if you're not a native of the state.

and i am actually a fan of what thompson did for us. i just think as years went on, he lost his edge and didn't explore other avenues enough. i guess i find it peculiar some can't even entertain this idea, and try to pretend like they weren't available to us. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're arguing our last GM didn't use FA enough and your counter argument is name a FA the Packers signed....do you see the issue with this? Lol.

If it was just our last GM and not the nature of Green Bay, there would be more evidence to suggest it was just Thompson.

Archived