Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Sorry man forgot you were behind the scenes on this one and have all of the information within an hour of this news ? can't wait till this ankle actually shows reason enough to be flagged on a physical. till then continue to speculate ;)

Are you insinuating that people should cease to speculate on this site?

22 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Anyone expecting/hoping for the Ravens to be punished for this somehow will be dissappointed. I have no fear of being quoted on this. It's not one of the first 20 times a trade or signing has been killed because of a physical evalutaion.

Could it potentially be scummy and/or convenient? Yes.

But, a deal's not a deal until it's signed.

I expect the deal was signed, but they're generally signed pending a physical. I hope Grant files a grievance. This smells very fishy.

10 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Are you insinuating that people should cease to speculate on this site?

Never!

We're not allowed to have sane reactions here. If the guy you intend to pay a lot of money to fails their physical then you're supposed to sign them anyway on principle..forget your doctors, what will public opinion be!

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It's good to know the Ravens and Orioles use the same doctors. 

The O's have largely been vindicated on their physicals.  Balfour, one of the most notable examples, sucked terribly with the team he went to, largely thought to be because of a lingering injury.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I expect the deal was signed, but they're generally signed pending a physical. I hope Grant files a grievance. This smells very fishy.

I doubt he'll waste his time with that.

There is no way to enforce that a team can't make it's own medical decisions because other medical opinions disagree. And I'm assuming the worst of the Ravens org in this scenario. 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I doubt he'll waste his time with that.

There is no way to enforce that a team can't make it's own medical decisions because other medical opinions disagree. And I'm assuming the worst of the Ravens org in this scenario. 

Well, there actually is. That's why the grievance system exists. The Ravens can't act in bad faith. I'd waste my time with it just out of spite.

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Never!

We're not allowed to have sane reactions here. If the guy you intend to pay a lot of money to fails their physical then you're supposed to sign them anyway on principle..forget your doctors, what will public opinion be!

There's a reason contracts are "pending physical," no?  If it was merely a formality, it wouldn't be a thing.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Not for a contract that hasn't been signed.

Schefter's language indicates that the contract was signed if it's "null and void." Do you have a source saying they never signed anything?

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:
7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Never!

There's a reason contracts are "pending physical," no?  If it was merely a formality, it wouldn't be a thing.

Nobody in here is doubting that. It isn't unusual for players to fail physicals and no one bats an eye. You two are fundamentally misunderstand what people are questioning here, or being deliberately obtuse. The belief is that there really isn't any reason to fail him and they did it only to not honor the contract because Crabtree unexpectedly became a FA. 

Archived