Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I posted this in the Free Agency thread and I'll post it here too:

The Bears had 56 Million in cap before signing these outside free agents:

Allen Robinson - three-year, $42 million contract. - $14 million a year

Trey Burton - four-year, $32 million contract. - $8 million a year

Chase Daniel - two-year, $10 million contract. - $5 million a year

Taylor Gabriel - four-year, $26 million contract. - $6.5 million a year

Tyler Bray, QB - 1 year, Figures Unknown - ??

Aaron Lynch - 1 year, $6 million contract. - $6 Million

Cody Parkey - 4 Years, $15 million contract. - 3.75 a year

Total Spent on outside Free Agents: $43 Million* ( * because it doesn't include Bray's deal)

They also resigned their own players at:

Sam Acho - two-year, $7.5 million contract - $3.5 million a year

Prince Amukamara - three-year, $27 million contract - $9 million a year

Daniel Brown - Figures unknown (Likely cheap he wasn't tendered)

Pat O'Donnel - one-year, $1.5 million contract - $1 million a year

Bradley Sowell - two-year, Figures Unknown

Total spent on resigning their own: 13.5 Million* ( * because it doesn't include Sowell or Brown's figures)

Total known spent money: $56.5 Million (This is without signing their Draft Class and the figures of Bray, Brown or Sowell)

Looks like our boy Gute chose the right time to pounce on this opportunity.  Obviously the allotted money used this year could be different and very likely is based on verbiage of the contracts signed. However, it's very clear they're not as good on cap as they were before comments surfaced of "We'll match any contract" - This is actually more interesting then it looks.

Ya they really have went at it in Free Agency this year, perhaps this was Gutes plan all along seeing how much they'd sign before signing the offer sheet.

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For the love of God, I'm not complaining about signing Fuller.  We didn't sign Fuller. 

The Bears have 56 million dollars in cap space.

The Bears have 111 million dollars in cap space next year.

The Bears have 143 million dollars in cape space in 2020. 

I'm the only one looking at this realistically and I'm getting bitched out for pointing out facts. 

"At least we made the Bears pay him more money..."

Great.  We forced a division rival to lock up a good corner long term instead of letting that player hit free agency again next year. 

What happens if Bears don't match? 

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ya they really have went at it in Free Agency this year, perhaps this was Gutes plan all along seeing how much they'd sign before signing the offer sheet.

Somebody in the GB FO was jotting down a number......scratching it off and lowering it.....scrathing that off and lowering it...till finally: "Hey guys, I think we've got em by the b%^&s"

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Being new here, I've come to realize that. That doesn't make it any less annoying. It's bad shtick.

Nah he's not always like that. He's alright. You'll learn to love him. 

You're good **** btw. Stick around.

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If so, I will tattoo him onto my ***. Next to my Ted tat.

I guess Gute wasn't lying when he said this:

“We’re not going to leave any stone unturned as far as every avenue of player acquisition. Doesn’t mean we’re always going to get to the finish and actually sign the guy, but we’re going to go throughout the entire process and be in on every possible acquisition. Our guys are really excited about that.”

6 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Unlikely, but that would be the kind of aggressive move I would love to see.  It would be much easier to replace slot receiver production than hope for the best in the secondary with rookies.  

Adding to this...Bulaga could also be cut to make extra aggressive moves.

Just now, Chili said:

An example of a team recinding a tender offer:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488071/article/eagles-rescind-rfa-tender-to-chris-polk-per-report

If they can do it then there's no reason why we cannot.  icon_nod.gif

I don't think you can do it on transition tagged or franchise guys. Wait IDK. This isn't like last time and I'm scared I'm wrong and you'll return the favor

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't think you can do it on transition tagged or franchise guys. Wait IDK. This isn't like last time and I'm scared I'm wrong and you'll return the favor

On second thoughts If Fuller physically signed the offer sheet then i guess that is considered a legally binding contract. I guess we just have to pull a Ravens if we suddenly decide we didn't want him. icon_lol.gif

Archived