Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

lol like how people say Rosen wants a big market so the other teams won’t take him...

what he wants doesn’t factor in it a team wants him ... unless he’s gonna pull an Eli and actually tell a team he won’t sign with them 

5 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

lol like how people say Rosen wants a big market so the other teams won’t take him...

what he wants doesn’t factor in it a team wants him ... unless he’s gonna pull an Eli and actually tell a team he won’t sign with them 

Well he effectively eliminated the Browns from the list of teams that want to draft him. The Jets are pretty much as bad a franchise as it gets after that, but I doubt he would pull that here.

I’m interested in Darnolds pro day. 

5 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Isn't there evidence of that already? He said as much to Cleveland. Sure, I'm trying to get myself to believe that so we don't get our guy taken right in front of us but to totally dismiss as a non-factor would be foolish.

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

Remember Elway was drafted by the Colts and refuse to go there. We are not 100 % sure he will be at #3  when we pick. The Browns or Giants could draft him.

25 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

For some reason I am feeling more and more sure that we are going Allen.

We're going to suspend your account if you say that again. 

lol I would probably give up if Allen is the pick and he fail. I don't think he'll trade up just to take a risk on a QB for physical tools. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

We're going to suspend your account if you say that again. 

lol I would probably give up if Allen is the pick and he fail. I don't think he'll trade up just to take a risk on a QB for physical tools. 

Like..... I get it...... But we're the Jets.  So...............................................................

I am rewatching every Allen tape I can find to sell myself on him.  I will say this.  He occasionally makes a throw that can only be made by Marvel characters.  Then sometimes he misses throws that can be made by children.

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Like..... I get it...... But we're the Jets.  So...............................................................

I am rewatching every Allen tape I can find to sell myself on him.  I will say this.  He occasionally makes a throw that can only be made by Marvel characters.  Then sometimes he misses throws that can be made by children.

I agree with you. The one thing that surprised me from watching some Rosen tape though is he misses bad on some easy throws as well. Not quite like Allen does but Rosen really does make some maddening throws. Yet you never hear about them.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I agree and that's why I think he's a better fit for a team like the Giants where he can sit and work on that. I don't think he's hack or anything, but he'll need more time than the others. I'm pretty confident that he won't pick him over Rosen or Darnold because they have physical tools, make the throws, and have production. 

2 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I agree with you. The one thing that surprised me from watching some Rosen tape though is he misses bad on some easy throws as well. Not quite like Allen does but Rosen really does make some maddening throws. Yet you never hear about them.

Ya, I have changed my tune on Rosen lately and started to like him more and more, but I did notice that he makes way more headscratching throws than you hear about.  They are both varieties of bad throw too, just missing his target, and bad decisions.  

Allen does both but his are more missing his target because his feet are all over the place.  Rosen's feet are generally really good, but he still misses sometimes, though he throws a ton of really pretty balls too.

10 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ya, I have changed my tune on Rosen lately and started to like him more and more, but I did notice that he makes way more headscratching throws than you hear about.  They are both varieties of bad throw too, just missing his target, and bad decisions.  

Allen does both but his are more missing his target because his feet are all over the place.  Rosen's feet are generally really good, but he still misses sometimes, though he throws a ton of really pretty balls too.

Yup, spot on. I get why talent evaluators have Darnold ahead of both these guys, they both do things that scare the crap out of me lol.

I’m watching Rosen against Memphis right now and he just made the worst Eli/Cutler throw ever . Pressured, lobs a deep pass over the middle off his back foot into double coverage. Rosen is very fortunate he didn’t have a lot more INTs in ‘17.

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Yup, spot on. I get why talent evaluators have Darnold ahead of both these guys, they both do things that scare the crap out of me lol.

I’m watching Rosen against Memphis right now and he just made the worst Eli/Cutler throw ever . Pressured, lobs a deep pass over he middle off his back foot into double coverage. Rosen is very fortunate he didn’t have a lot more INTs in ‘17.

IDK Darnold makes his fair share of boneheaded throws.  I would be very happy if we took Darnold, but he throws with his feet all over the place as much as anyone.  His fumbles are also really concerning.  

OMG, same Memphis game... UCLA is down 3 in the second half with the ball at middle field, Memphis drops 8 on 3rd down. Rosen has all day and rolls to his right, throws across his body, pick 6, Memphis up 10. Absolutely terrible decision. 

Guess it comes down to what the Jets think is an easier fix, Allen’s accuracy or Rosen’s decision making. 

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

OMG, same Memphis game... UCLA is down 3 in the second half with the ball at middle field, Memphis drops 8 on 3rd down. Rosen has all day and rolls to his right, throws across his body, pick 6, Memphis up 10. Absolutely terrible decision. 

Guess it comes down to what the Jets think is an easier fix, Allen’s accuracy or Rosen’s decision making. 

Ya that one was particularly bad.  What makes it tougher is that he surrounds those throws with a bunch of throws that make a ton of sense.  He has a great processor but it just seems like it shuts off sometimes.

Archived