Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If we moved up for Darnold or Rosen let’s say. I 100% think we will keep the communication open with NYG to move up again if we have to. You don’t do what we already have and then miss on a the guy you want. You give up our 1st if they say a team like Buffalo is going to jump us and take our guy.

I don't think NYG will want to trade back as far as 12.  If they are not going QB, they are looking for OL or Barkley I believe.  The most logical trade back spot is Denver for them. I think they only do that if they want Nelson or want Barkley but Clev takes him at 1. I just don't see either NYG or Clev trading back as I think we would have worked a deal with them if there was a deal to be had.

20 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

So something I have been thinking.  Obviously we have 3 QBs we are comfortable with - what is Clev feels the same.  Would it be smart of them to take Barkley and go QB at 4? 

It depends on what they think the Giants will do. If they want chubb, Barkley, Nelson, or a QB, the Giants can act like their going to take one of them and force the Browns to take that player #1. If the Browns like Baker or Allen, they can do that. I'm hoping they do. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

It depends on what they think the Giants will do. If they want chubb, Barkley, Nelson, or a QB, the Giants can act like their going to take one of them and force the Browns to take that player #1. If the Browns like Baker or Allen, they can do that. I'm hoping they do. 

Well actually my point and think was more along the lines that Cleveland has 3 QBs so close that they are fine with any one of the three.  In that case, do they then take the consensus best player in this draft, Barkley AND still get one of the three QBs the rank razor close. 

I get what your saying though .

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I will say one thing, Rosen is the only guy I could actually see beating out TB and McCown in training camp. Really hope he is the pick.

I could see any of them beating them out. Regardless we can definitely expect some level of rookie mistakes from any of them.

7 hours ago, rampantjet said:

If it was just a RB or OG that they wanted they would have gotten 1 of them at #6.  And they would know 100% that they would get one at #3, and we could toss them a late round pick while they would lose nothing, and still get the exact same player they would get at 2.  I am really starting to think that the Giants are looking at taking a QB.  Which kind of sucks for us as Darnold AND Rosen could be off the board for us, but it is also kind of funny because unless they can make it to #4 to the Browns then the Bills did a whole lot of things just to miss out on the top 4 QB's.  That is a good time for us right there.  I call that an early divisional win.

For whatever it is worth, Vacciano thinks the Giants will stay at two, and select a Q B. Which one they might be inclined towards, he doesn't know, because Giants are trying to be more careful with info than the previous regime. 

People can think it's silly and it is, but I bet the Jets move is making Giants think about a quarterback more than they might have before. Remember them trading up for Nassib the year the Jets drafted Geno?  What was that about?

I just watched 7 games of Josh Allen and 6 games of Josh Rosen... I now have them much closer in my rankings then I did before. Josh Allen is NOT Christian Hackenberg. One thing that really stood out to me... It consistently felt like Josh Allen should have had a better box score while Josh Rosen should have had worse ones. 

They are also polar opposites. Rosen is absolutely horrible when forced to go off-script while Allen excels at it. The issue with Allen is he’s a much bigger projection than Rosen. There are things you don’t get to see from Allen that he will have to do in the NFL in order to be successful. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I will say one thing, Rosen is the only guy I could actually see beating out TB and McCown in training camp. Really hope he is the pick.

I agree. Darnold would have to sharpen his mechanics and Baker would have to get used to scanning the field when option #1 is gone. I like all three, but Rosen is the only one I can see being ready for week 1. Mora had him running pro plays early. 

1 hour ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I just watched 7 games of Josh Allen and 6 games of Josh Rosen... I now have them much closer in my rankings then I did before. Josh Allen is NOT Christian Hackenberg. One thing that really stood out to me... It consistently felt like Josh Allen should have had a better box score while Josh Rosen should have had worse ones. 

They are also polar opposites. Rosen is absolutely horrible when forced to go off-script while Allen excels at it. The issue with Allen is he’s a much bigger projection than Rosen. There are things you don’t get to see from Allen that he will have to do in the NFL in order to be successful. 

Thing for me is its easier to teach excelling when on script than it is to teach the ad libbing and improvising when off script. 

Something Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Cam Newton do really well.

To me Allen has the highest ceiling but a pretty low floor as well (honestly its on how much the guy wants it and how much work hes wiling to put in)

Rosen is more mature as a passer but definitely doesnt improvise as well in chaos, and even he has enough hero ball mentality abut him.

Hope we land whoever we traded up to get because im sure the front office has a preference they dont want to telegraph, tho I also do think, there is something to be said about the fact we jumped the Broncos who tend to pick big tall strong armed qbs under Elway

What worries me massively is the thought ‘our qb’ that the front office has traded up for goes before we pick. Does anyone think this is stage one in terms of trades and that we will then trade up again closer to the draft. What would we have to give CLE to get #1?

58 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What worries me massively is the thought ‘our qb’ that the front office has traded up for goes before we pick. Does anyone think this is stage one in terms of trades and that we will then trade up again closer to the draft. What would we have to give CLE to get #1?

at least 1 next year id think goin up for a qb

As we get closer to draft day the price of the top 5 picks will go up every day. The Bills will have to give up a kings ransom if they want to get in the top 2. i think the bills trade will Clev at 4 and take who is left between Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Darnald. This will cost the Bills both 1st round picks and their second round pick this year along with next years 1st. They will want to be ahead of the Broncos to take the QB. Elway will be picking 5 with no QB on the board. I think he will then go Barkley. I think The top 2 picks will not get moved because the Giants and Browns REALLY don't want to fall all the way down to 12. I don't see Denver moving up either. 

I do love how the jets got aggressive and moved up to get a chance at a franchise QB. I'm so tired of the WAIT AND SEE. I just hope the FO makes a great pick and we have a QB we can depend on for the next 15 years and beat the crap out of the Pats for the next 15 years and see how they like it. 

Archived