Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Just now, Bobby816 said:

So what? Means if we we are lucky enough we have a franchise QB for that much longer. We will still only be 26 when he’s a FA (assuming we pick up his 5th year option).

All qbs need some seasonings to be a franchise qb.  What is your hurry?

I'm starting to like Allen more and more. He reminds me of BIG BEN. He played for a small school has a cannon for and arm and can move in the pocket really well. Ya is accurate is below 60% in college and so was BIG BEN. I think if you guys are trying to compare Allen to someone in the NFL it is BIG BEN. I have no idea where you guys come up with he is another Hack. I'm he is pretty much the opposite of Hack. Oh by the way those 2 second round picks this year are not worth that much. This draft is very shallow in talent I think. Once you get passed the first 40 picks the talent drops of massively. When one of the best tackles in the draft is benching 225 for 18 times that is a joke. Yes Orlando Brown is a joke and this is what you will get in the second round. These second round picks are going to be roll players and depth guys for years. I don't see any real talent in the second roundThe one that hurst the most is next years second round pick. I have no idea what talent that will be. 

Here is my order for QB.  

1. Baker Mayfield ( He has the "IT" factor. I like him more than any other QB in the draft because he could do it all. If he was 6' 4" he would be the number 1 pick by far.

2. Josh Rosen ( He has a lot of tools but I hate how he can get injured pretty easily and he does not show much leadership on and off the field.)

3, Sam Darnald ( He tends to turn the ball over a lot and never really took over after a great year before. He also is a USC guy which scares me too.)

4. Josh Allen ( He has all the tools but he is not very accurate down the field deep. This could change with good coaching.)

I think Mayfield is a lot higher on peoples boards and they are using the other QB as a smoke screen so he will fly under the radar.

Side note Lamar Jackson is NOT A NFL QB AT ALL. I see nothing that will translate over to the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Giants like Rosen.  That is a problem.

Agree.  Giants are the only team that could spoil Rosen landing in Jet green by either trading out or taking him.  I'd be pissed if they kept us from Rosen. 

Really hope they go Barkley/Nelson.  I think CLE is locked in to either Darnold or Allen.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm starting to like Allen more and more. He reminds me of BIG BEN. He played for a small school has a cannon for and arm and can move in the pocket really well. Ya is accurate is below 60% in college and so was BIG BEN. I think if you guys are trying to compare Allen to someone in the NFL it is BIG BEN. I have no idea where you guys come up with he is another Hack. I'm he is pretty much the opposite of Hack. Oh by the way those 2 second round picks this year are not worth that much. This draft is very shallow in talent I think. Once you get passed the first 40 picks the talent drops of massively. When one of the best tackles in the draft is benching 225 for 18 times that is a joke. Yes Orlando Brown is a joke and this is what you will get in the second round. These second round picks are going to be roll players and depth guys for years. I don't see any real talent in the second roundThe one that hurst the most is next years second round pick. I have no idea what talent that will be. 

Here is my order for QB.  

1. Baker Mayfield ( He has the "IT" factor. I like him more than any other QB in the draft because he could do it all. If he was 6' 4" he would be the number 1 pick by far.

2. Josh Rosen ( He has a lot of tools but I hate how he can get injured pretty easily and he does not show much leadership on and off the field.)

3, Sam Darnald ( He tends to turn the ball over a lot and never really took over after a great year before. He also is a USC guy which scares me too.)

4. Josh Allen ( He has all the tools but he is not very accurate down the field deep. This could change with good coaching.)

I think Mayfield is a lot higher on peoples boards and they are using the other QB as a smoke screen so he will fly under the radar.

Side note Lamar Jackson is NOT A NFL QB AT ALL. I see nothing that will translate over to the NFL. 

Andy Reid thinks differently.   Should we make a trade with Chiefs for Pat Mahomes Jr.  heh.

Which weakness you can live with? For me, it is Darnold or Rosen.   Darnold is a freaking brilliant player who pays attention to his own details. He will improve during the NFL progression.  Rosen's tendency may be hard to break loose but I would count on his arm just to be a better qb than Ryan Tannehill or Jay Cutler.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think our big board means nothing now. We traded up for Darnold or Rosen in my opinion.

Not that I agree with it but I think our big board is.

1. Rosen
2. Darnold
3. Allen

If CLE and NYG go QB we are locked into at least one of them which is why Mac pulled the trigger early.  I'd prefer Mayfield at 3 but I get why Mac would take the shot on Allen over him.  

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm starting to like Allen more and more. He reminds me of BIG BEN. He played for a small school has a cannon for and arm and can move in the pocket really well. Ya is accurate is below 60% in college and so was BIG BEN. I think if you guys are trying to compare Allen to someone in the NFL it is BIG BEN. 

On Allen I believe his appeal has always been his big body and athleticism, specifically how he can at times escape trouble and make a living on a broken play by improvising. Big Ben / Newton type (not nearly as fast as newton tho)

He moves well in the pocket, mostly moves well under pressure. His mechanics are probably why a lot of his throws are off when hes constantly under duress .... but i much prefer him to Darnold.

I like Mayfield as well but i think his attitude and off the field stuff will kill him for us.

I'm not all that high on Rosen

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not that I agree with it but I think our big board is.

1. Rosen
2. Darnold
3. Allen

If CLE and NYG go QB we are locked into at least one of them which is why Mac pulled the trigger early.  I'd prefer Mayfield at 3 but I get why Mac would take the shot on Allen over him.  

I'm guessing Mayfield is in there somewhere, but we'll see

If we moved up for Darnold or Rosen let’s say. I 100% think we will keep the communication open with NYG to move up again if we have to. You don’t do what we already have and then miss on a the guy you want. You give up our 1st if they say a team like Buffalo is going to jump us and take our guy.

5 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

On Allen I believe his appeal has always been his big body and athleticism, specifically how he can at times escape trouble and make a living on a broken play by improvising. Big Ben / Newton type (not nearly as fast as newton tho)

He moves well in the pocket, mostly moves well under pressure. His mechanics are probably why a lot of his throws are off when hes constantly under duress .... but i much prefer him to Darnold.

I like Mayfield as well but i think his attitude and off the field stuff will kill him for us.

I'm not all that high on Rosen

He's my #1 QB can I ask why?  His injuries scare me but other than that not much else not to like.  

Just now, Bobby816 said:

If we moved up for Darnold or Rosen let’s say. I 100% think we will keep the communication open with NYG to move up again if we have to. You don’t do what we already have and then miss on a the guy you want. You give up our 1st if they say a team like Buffalo is going to jump us and take our guy.

Unless the guy we want is the guy they want.  

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'm guessing Mayfield is in there somewhere, but we'll see

Not sure.  Doubt Mac has him higher than Rosen/Darnold both are better prospects IMO.  If he's got him over Allen great because I do too.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Not sure.  Doubt Mac has him higher than Rosen/Darnold both are better prospects IMO.  If he's got him over Allen great because I do too.

That's my gut, especially given the timing of making a trade after Mayfield and Rosen's pro days.  I have a feeling that he's assuming Darnold is gone and will pick one of those two.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's my gut, especially given the timing of making a trade after Mayfield and Rosen's pro days.  I have a feeling that he's assuming Darnold is gone and will pick one of those two.

I hope you're right.  

Archived