Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The hype around the guy revolves around how far he can throw a ball and how big and athletic he is. It’s crazy. 

And 95% of NFL throws travel 30 yards and under through the air

So the fact that he can throw the ball 70 yards has little to do with what he will have to do in the NFL

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

And 95% of NFL throws travel 30 yards and under through the air

So the fact that he can throw the ball 70 yards has little to do with what he will have to do in the NFL

His ability to throw the ball with insane velocity even on shorter throws kind of works against him imo.  I really think he would have developed better anticipation if he didn't just use his arm to bail himself out of slow reads all the time.  Those same throws in the NFL aren't gonna work.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well we don’t need faces. We need talent. Bring Sloth from Goonies out there for all I care if he can be a winning franchise QB.

Huh? Whether I use the term "face of a team" or "franchise QB" or "CEO on the field"... it all points to the same thing: a future at the most important position in all of sports. The price for that is always going to be elevated... Why is that so hard to understand?

21 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Part of the positives should also be that the Bills have to give up EVERYTHING to jump us. We set the price tag for the #3 pick and if the Bills want to jump us they're going to have to pay a huge price tag. Both the Giants and Browns have a need for a future QB and I would think the Bills would have to trade at least 3 first round picks to convince the Giants or Browns to move back. We kept our first so come next year if we get another top-10 draft pick we could trade back and re-acquire a 2nd rounder.  

I'm all for the trade but it would've been nice to have re-signed Sheldon to have justified trading our 2nd- 2nd rounder. 

Hoping we land Rosen or Baker...

Edit:

Also we are in better position to trade up again to #2 with the Giants if they want Barkley but would still like to cash in on the pick... throw them a 4th and a future 4th just to ensure we get our guy

Your right about Buffalo for example trading away a lot of picks to move up as it would for Denver/Miami/Arizona. But I could care less about another team paying the Giants a kings ransom. How does that help us?

By trading this early it leaves the possibility we get jumped on draft day or even before then. If you said we could trade our first and three second rounders for Josh Rosen I’d snap your hand off but what about if he goes before then. Could you imagine the carnage on here if we’ve traded up and get Josh Allen..... 

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Your right about Buffalo for example trading away a lot of picks to move up as it would for Denver/Miami/Arizona. But I could care less about another team paying the Giants a kings ransom. How does that help us?

By trading this early it leaves the possibility we get jumped on draft day or even before then. If you said we could trade our first and three second rounders for Josh Rosen I’d snap your hand off but what about if he goes before then. Could you imagine the carnage on here if we’ve traded up and get Josh Allen..... 

It really only helps us if it's Buffalo (Miami too). They are in the division and just chopped their roster to acquire picks to trade up for a QB. You don't have to be a good team to make the playoffs just better than the other 3 teams in the division. (still waiting for Brady to retire...)

Josh Allen would be a very 'Jets' pick, I dont hate him as a prospect he just gives me anxiety. 

1.Rosen

2. Mayfield

3. Allen

4. Darnold (guy doesn't move the meter for me but id still root for him)

Allen is a fine prospect. I think he's pretty accurate on short and intermediate throws for the most part. His arm strength really shows on intermediate throws and throws on the run more than deep throws. 

I do have a lot of issues with Allen though. There doesn't seem to be a variety in the velocity of his balls. They're always darts. He can't hit a deep ball in stride because he doesn't have the touch to loft a pass and let a receiver run under it. To me that's the biggest issue in his completion percentage. He's trying much too hard to fire lasers on point every time, rather than let his receiver adjust to the ball in the air. 

Without getting too much into player psychology, I have noticed a few games where his body language and play seems to suggest he gets bothered and rattled. One of his early games against Nebraska he throw I think 5 interceptions and he was clearly agitated and forcing stuff. Defense was basically toying with him. 

I still think he's a good prospect worthy of a 1st round pick because he's made some incredible throws and does seem to read the field well for the most part. However, oddly enough I like all of the QBs this year and Allen is my 5th ranked QB

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield 

5. Allen

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Huh? Whether I use the term "face of a team" or "franchise QB" or "CEO on the field"... it all points to the same thing: a future at the most important position in all of sports. The price for that is always going to be elevated... Why is that so hard to understand?

I commend Macc for “trying” to get his franchise QB. But if this is a miss. Our franchise is set back for years.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I commend Macc for “trying” to get his franchise QB. But if this is a miss. Our franchise is set back for years.

Is it though? We still have our first rounder next year which is something to build off.

Don’t forget...there’s a very slim chance the qb we pick at #3 won’t play next year so it’s only next years second rounder that will impact next years offseason. At which point I would hope we would bring in some real quality offensive free agents. 

Its a small price to pay for a franchise qb. Without trying to get one we would be stuck in limbo like we have done for years. 

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Allen is a fine prospect. I think he's pretty accurate on short and intermediate throws for the most part. His arm strength really shows on intermediate throws and throws on the run more than deep throws. 

I do have a lot of issues with Allen though. There doesn't seem to be a variety in the velocity of his balls. They're always darts. He can't hit a deep ball in stride because he doesn't have the touch to loft a pass and let a receiver run under it. To me that's the biggest issue in his completion percentage. He's trying much too hard to fire lasers on point every time, rather than let his receiver adjust to the ball in the air. 

Without getting too much into player psychology, I have noticed a few games where his body language and play seems to suggest he gets bothered and rattled. One of his early games against Nebraska he throw I think 5 interceptions and he was clearly agitated and forcing stuff. Defense was basically toying with him. 

I still think he's a good prospect worthy of a 1st round pick because he's made some incredible throws and does seem to read the field well for the most part. However, oddly enough I like all of the QBs this year and Allen is my 5th ranked QB

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield 

5. Allen

This is all very accurate

Allen, while having a big arm, has terrible deep accuracy

And his decision making is very poor; there are a lot of instances that I watched where he just made the wrong throw or threw when he should have ran

I view Allen as a second day pick at best; if we pick him, we basically chose Hackenberg again but at #3 overall

No thank you

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This is all very accurate

Allen, while having a big arm, has terrible deep accuracy

And his decision making is very poor; there are a lot of instances that I watched where he just made the wrong throw or threw when he should have ran

I view Allen as a second day pick at best; if we pick him, we basically chose Hackenberg again but at #3 overall

No thank you

I don't think he's Hackenberg, but I definitely don't want him either way.

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Is it though? We still have our first rounder next year which is something to build off.

Don’t forget...there’s a very slim chance the qb we pick at #3 won’t play next year so it’s only next years second rounder that will impact next years offseason. At which point I would hope we would bring in some real quality offensive free agents. 

Its a small price to pay for a franchise qb. Without trying to get one we would be stuck in limbo like we have done for years. 

Agreed. But I have to see the guy we draft 1st. Then see if he’s even a franchise QB in the coming years. We can’t act like whoever we take at 3 is a shoe in to be a franchise QB.

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't think he's Hackenberg, but I definitely don't want him either way.

Allen processes things and pulls the trigger much quicker than Hackenberg. I think the issue with Hack is that he never got comfortable with his decisions. I don't know if that was a psychological thing or what but he just never seemed sure of his throws and his accuracy suffered as a result. 

Archived