Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

Thoughts on the trade:

Positives-

*Love the aggressiveness and action in trying to do everything to get us the franchise qb we need. 

*Guaranteed one of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Allen (hopefully not the latter) 

*Our second round picks don’t exaclty mean much to us because outside of Maye last year I think the last good pick was David Harris a million years ago. 

Negatives-

*Obviously the compensation to move up is excessive although I love not giving away our first rounder next year. 

*At three we don’t exactly have the pick of the bunch as two QBs could go before then. I want to have the knowledge our front office traded away quality picks for a specific qb. At this moment of time we don’t know who we are getting. 

*With the draft picks gone we don’t have the amount of resources available to create a competitive team around the rookie. That’s why I’m gutted we didn’t bring in a difference maker at WR. Also in my opinion FA was extremely underwhelming and I fear we will not give the rookie the team around him that he needs. 

Part of the positives should also be that the Bills have to give up EVERYTHING to jump us. We set the price tag for the #3 pick and if the Bills want to jump us they're going to have to pay a huge price tag. Both the Giants and Browns have a need for a future QB and I would think the Bills would have to trade at least 3 first round picks to convince the Giants or Browns to move back. We kept our first so come next year if we get another top-10 draft pick we could trade back and re-acquire a 2nd rounder.  

I'm all for the trade but it would've been nice to have re-signed Sheldon to have justified trading our 2nd- 2nd rounder. 

Hoping we land Rosen or Baker...

Edit:

Also we are in better position to trade up again to #2 with the Giants if they want Barkley but would still like to cash in on the pick... throw them a 4th and a future 4th just to ensure we get our guy

If you read what the Jets insiders who predicted the Jets would trade up (even after signing Bridgewater and McCown) are saying, the Jets think 3 of the QBs are the right answer for them. The question is who are the 3? Conner Rogers has been pretty on point with the Jets offseason. He thinks it's Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. 

I can't see Arizona or Miami jumping to number two. They don't have the draft capital. Buffalo can but it would mean giving up both their 1st, 2nd, and 3rds to do it. The QB market is hot this offseason as seen in free agency. Then it really comes down to what the Giants want to do.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, Bobby816 said:

Didn’t know these guys were all locks to be franchise QBs. My bad.

A "franchise QB" isn't necessarily a "great QB"... it's a player that will be the face of an organization for the foreseeable future. You have to overpay for those guys. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

If you read what the Jets insiders who predicted the Jets would trade up (even after signing Bridgewater and McCown) are saying, the Jets think 3 of the QBs are the right answer for them. The question is who are the 3? Conner Rogers has been pretty on point with the Jets offseason. He thinks it's Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. 

I can't see Arizona or Miami jumping to number two. They don't have the draft capital. Buffalo can but it would mean giving up both their 1st, 2nd, and 3rds to do it. The QB market is hot this offseason as seen in free agency. Then it really comes down to what the Giants want to do.

FWIW, Michael Lombardi's son is our assistant QB coach, and he wrote "Allen, Rosen, Darnold- one of them will be a Jet"

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

FWIW, Michael Lombardi's son is our assistant QB coach, and he wrote "Allen, Rosen, Darnold- one of them will be a Jet"

I think that is correct.  Those are the only three we would be trading up for.  I think the Jets have Mayfiled and Jackson in the 2nd tier but feel the drop off is too great to stay put at 6 and be left with tier 2 QBs. 

1 hour ago, NewAge said:

Guess I’m just going to spend the next six weeks praying that a California QB makes it to 3. 

So your prayers have been answered!

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Be specific, Josh Allen is from Cali too. lol

..So is Darnold dont want him ...

I see the Jets skepticism is at an all-time high.  The Jets are being criticized by sportcasters, youtubers and the like.  The biggest naysayers are the supposed Jets fans on the various forums.  I guess it is the 50 years without a Superbowl that make Jets fans look at every move with such pessimism.   I love the fact Maccagnan is being bold in his move.   He decided there are 3 franchise QB prospects in the draft and is making sure one of them goes to the Jets.   Giving up 3 second round picks is irrelevant if the Jets get their franchise QB.  Do you think the Rams, Houston and Philly fans care what their team gave for their current starting QB?      The Jets haven't done well with their second round picks in recent years anyway.   There is plenty of time left in the offseason for the Jets to address any remaining holes via free agency or the Jets.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I can't see how fans could be mad about a few second round picks for a franchise QB. 

I heard the Browns are sending everyone to the USC pro day. Browns coach or GM didn't go to Baker's or Rosen's. That's pretty interesting to me. With how bad Eli looked last season and his age, it's hard for me to see them going RB. I think they signed Stewart so they could draft a RB later. We're riding on the Giants at this point. Baker doesn't seem like they're type of guy, but who knows. 

8 minutes ago, famousj said:

I see the Jets skepticism is at an all-time high.  The Jets are being criticized by sportcasters, youtubers and the like.  The biggest naysayers are the supposed Jets fans on the various forums.  I guess it is the 50 years without a Superbowl that make Jets fans look at every move with such pessimism.   I love the fact Maccagnan is being bold in his move.   He decided there are 3 franchise QB prospects in the draft and is making sure one of them goes to the Jets.   Giving up 3 second round picks is irrelevant if the Jets get their franchise QB.  Do you think the Rams, Houston and Philly fans care what their team gave for their current starting QB?      The Jets haven't done well with their second round picks in recent years anyway.   There is plenty of time left in the offseason for the Jets to address any remaining holes via free agency or the Jets.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BULLETIN BULLETIN  All the top offensive players in FA are long gone, nobody wanted to come to the Jets because of Mac"s lousy offensive.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

BULLETIN BULLETIN  All the top offensive players in FA are long gone, nobody wanted to come to the Jets because of Mac"s lousy offensive.

No wanted to come because we don't have a QB.

BULLETIN BULLETIN Macc is about to change that

Archived