Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

If we miss then we will get a really high pick and draft another one.  And not stop until we find one.  No one would have accomplished anything in this world if their attitude was always, but what if I fail.  No QB would ever have been drafted highly, because... what if they aren't good.  This is a defeatist attitude.

We are a defeated franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Was it really the right time for the eagles to trade up when they had huge holes at CB, WR, RB, and already had Bradford and Daniels?

Holes at WR and RB are easy to fill. Corner is a premium position but they drafted well after and traded for one.

If you guys can guarantee me the next Carson Wentz, I am on board. 

I do not believe any of the guys available this year are as good as Wentz, and will never be as good as Wentz. Which is why I don't believe any of this year's QB's was worth trading up for. ESPECIALLY when there are so many available, and none stand out above the others.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

You guys aren't saying anything we don't already know. Do I want a journeyman QB for the rest of my football-watching days? Of course not. 

But if you guys aren't scared to death now that we are going to hitch our wagon to the WRONG guy, then you really, truly aren't Jets fans.

I am one of the guys who wants a good young QB in the draft. I am probably one of the very few guys on this board who lived thru the Joe Namath era. If it wasn't for Namath we would have never beaten a terrific Colt team to win the SB. The only real good QB  we had since the Namath era is Kenny O'Brien. I am so tired of these rethread QB we had for the last 20 years is pathetic.  Sure it cost us a lot to move up in the draft but it we get the right QB, we should do better in next years FA period. No offensive player wanted to come here this year because we had no top QB. and the offensive roster is very weak. We had 100 mil dollars to spend and all we got on offensive is Crowell, and a player who is a center & guard and I am not sure how good he is, anybody is better than Johnson.

You're never going to succeed as a GM in any sport if you don't eventually take some major risks. If you pass on a franchise QB because something may go wrong, then you might as well not even show up to work. 

I don't think these guys need to become Wentz for this move to make sense. Wentz is going to be a top 3 QB. You can be consitent Super Bowl contenders with a top 10 QB. And I think Rosen and Mayfield can be top 10 QBs. 

5 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I do not believe any of the guys available this year are as good as Wentz, and will never be as good as Wentz. Which is why I don't believe any of this year's QB's was worth trading up for. ESPECIALLY when there are so many available, and none stand out above the others.

ROSEN, ROSEN. ROSEN, ROSEN. Bigger smarter, and a much stronger & accurate arm.

3 minutes ago, NewAge said:

You're never going to succeed as a GM in any sport if you don't eventually take some major risks. If you pass on a franchise QB because something may go wrong, then you might as well not even show up to work. 

We could have stayed at six, not passed on a QB, and selected a guy just as good and perhaps way better than the guy going at 3.

That is my problem. For me the timing wasn't there this year to move up. Sitting at six was a great position, and I will continue to say that. OK, so maybe they did not like 1 of the QB's among the top 4. Heck, maybe they don't like 2 of them. No matter, because Buffalo and Arizona would have jumped us to get those guys. OR, if they trade up to get the guy we liked, a franchise RB or LG would have fallen in our laps.

AND, we would have been able to find talent THROUGH THE DRAFT in Round 2, instead of wishing and hoping and praying that NEXT year free agents will like us better than they did this year.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We could have stayed at six, not passed on a QB, and selected a guy just as good and perhaps way better than the guy going at 3.

That is my problem. For me the timing wasn't there this year to move up. Sitting at six was a great position, and I will continue to say that. OK, so maybe they did not like 1 of the QB's among the top 4. Heck, maybe they don't like 2 of them. No matter, because Buffalo and Arizona would have jumped us to get those guys. OR, if they trade up to get the guy we liked, a franchise RB or LG would have fallen in our laps.

AND, we would have been able to find talent THROUGH THE DRAFT in Round 2, instead of wishing and hoping and praying that NEXT year free agents will like us better than they did this year.

You may never get another chance to draft this high and grab a franchise QB without giving up a package of multiple first rounders. You don't pass on that over having to give up one more second round pick than you wanted to. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don't think these guys need to become Wentz for this move to make sense. Wentz is going to be a top 3 QB. You can be consitent Super Bowl contenders with a top 10 QB. And I think Rosen and Mayfield can be top 10 QBs. 

So do I

Winning teams can afford to trade high draft picks to fill needs. Bad teams cannot.

The reason why we don't have talent isn't because we don't have a flashy, splashy quarterback. The reason why we don't have talent is because we can't draft it.

The Colts have a flashy, splashy quarterback who is probably better than anybody we draft this year, and nobody wants to play there either.

Just win baby.

11 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

You act like everyone viewed Wentz as a sure thing when he came out because now he is good.  If he was this amazing can't miss prospect he would have gone number 1.  Also a huge comp that people used for him was Blake Bortles.  Tons of people had questions about his level of competition too, some people also thought he didn't have elite arm strength, and wasn't good throwing on the run.

We are in the moment right now where these QB's are being picked apart more than they ever will be.  None of them are perfect, but no QB's are.  Luck gets this huge pass, but there were big questions about how fast he could process during plays, and it has showed.  He gets hit all the time and is now injured.

Archived