Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ok I love Nelson, and i think Barkley is good though over rated.  But lets say they are both amazing NFL players..... hurray now we have 1 good lineman.  Or we have a good RB, as the Vikings how that went for years with the best RB in the league.  The value of a RB early just isn't there.  He would instantly be one of the top paid RB's in the league and a top notch RB is only marginally more helpful to an offense than an average back.  

If you hit on a QB however the team is instantly much better.  And he is on a very cheap contract for a QB for 5 years.  But if you just wanna remain safe and mediocre than that is cool too.

I wanted the team to stay put. We had a BPA lined up at 6th overall (4 QB's plus Nelson and Barkley), plus two seconds and a third and a fourth and a fifth. THAT was the way to truly build a winner. 

Now, we're back to the same position we were in when we threw all that money at Cousins. "Please QB, please save us!"

The difference is now we don't even know if the kid can play in the NFL. We just traded away 3 high draft choices because of somebody's pro-day performance.

Unreal.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Maye wasnt a bust

Who said he was a bust, in fact he out played Adams this year. My post said Maye was a good player. I hope you are not during any operation this week DR.. till you get new glasses

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I wanted the team to stay put. We had a BPA lined up at 6th overall (4 QB's plus Nelson and Barkley), plus two seconds and a third and a fourth and a fifth. THAT was the way to truly build a winner. 

Now, we're back to the same position we were in when we threw all that money at Cousins. "Please QB, please save us!"

The difference is now we don't even know if the kid can play in the NFL. We just traded away 3 high draft choices because of somebody's pro-day performance.

Unreal.

QB seemed to help the Rams and Eagles.  Have you just gotten so accustomed to having nothing at QB?  Being a Jets fan is rough.

Just now, rampantjet said:

QB seemed to help the Rams and Eagles.  Have you just gotten so accustomed to having nothing at QB?  Being a Jets fan is rough.

RB seemed to help them alot more actually, as well as Dallas 2 years ago and Jax

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I can understand Bobby frustration with the Jets, all those second picks in current years that have been total busts, Smith, Amaro, Hack, taking Maye over Cook. And not one offensive player drafted in the last eight years. That is why we have such a problem now, and no big name FA wants to come here. Yes Maye is a good player but Cook was over to a terrific start in Minn. before he got hurt. There was nothing wrong with your post, you had some good points in it. 

We are all frustrated since they have not won a SB.  But they are rebuilding the team.  Rome was not built in a day.  They are trying o get the most import piece at #3 this year.  Be patient and let it all happen.  As I said to him, if by end of 2019 draft the cupboard is bare with play-makers I get the posts ... until then let's see what happens.

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That is not how we're built, though. We're not an offensive team. Comparing us to the Rams and Eagles is folly. We are a defense-first team who constantly preaches ground game and ball control. In fact, I think part of the reason why Morton is gone is because he wanted to pass more than Bowles likes. 

The comparison that fits the most is Jacksonville. You're telling me we could not find the second coming of Blake Bortles with the sixth pick? Or a second rounder?

This team is not a franchise QB away. This team needs more talent at a number of positions.

Trading three valuable assets for a move up of three spots is folly.

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

RB seemed to help them alot more actually, as well as Dallas 2 years ago and Jax

There is no question guys like Barkley come around every 10 years, and he is a great player, however they are trading up to get a QB

4 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

That is not how we're built, though. We're not an offensive team. Comparing us to the Rams and Eagles is folly. We are a defense-first team who constantly preaches ground game and ball control. In fact, I think part of the reason why Morton is gone is because he wanted to pass more than Bowles likes. 

The comparison that fits the most is Jacksonville. You're telling me we could not find the second coming of Blake Bortles with the sixth pick? Or a second rounder?

This team is not a franchise QB away. This team needs more talent at a number of positions.

Eagles D is very very good.  Rams have a solid D as well.

If you can't acknowledge that getting a franchise QB is very important to long term winning and a SB Championship then I don't think you have watched the NFL the past 20 years.

EDIT: Did you ever thing that we are not an offensive team because we don't have a QB.

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

No one shoots for having a bad QB or offense.  Do you think that Jax wouldn't have wanted a better QB?  The Vikings had the #1 D in the league and they just backed up the brinks truck for a QB because they knew that was their weak link.  Denver has the #3 D and they are going after QB hard which is part of the reason we traded up.  Philly has the #4 D and they traded more than we did to get Wentz, Arizona had the #6 D and they were another team looking to trade up and be aggressive for a QB.  No team WANTS a game managing QB, teams end up being ok with them if they can't find a franchise guy.

17 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

1. Browns- Darnold

2. Giants- Nelson

3. Jets- Rosen

4. Browns- Barkley

5. Broncos- Mayfield/Allen

6. Colts- Chubb

I’d rather be the broncos there ...: I’m afraid of Rosen’s lack of mobility and injury history 

10 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Dallas had an established QB in Romo and licked out in landing Dak. Pretty sure Jax would rather have a promising young QB than a promising young RB.

Archived