Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

Can we get a 5th for Hack? 6th?

Houston bc they have BOB seems like the best place for him. I say just cut him, let him go to NE and we can talk about for another decade how dumb it was we got rid of him.

47 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

1. "Long is a major upgrade to Johnson if healthy." 

My mother is a major upgrade if healthy or unhealthy

2. "Crowell is a big upgrade to Forte who was abysmal."

??? What makes you believe that Crowell is a major upgrade? What's major? Crowell has been an average player on the Cleveland Browns thus far in his career. What is telling    you that he is going to be a major upgrade? Pls do tell. 

3. Yes, Trumaine is a great signing. We got one

Long is a good player and good fit.  

We’re gonna be active on the waiver wire when people shake loose it seems for other options 

i want to know what our top 3 looks like

assuming barkley is on there (if we don’t get the QB we presumably made this move for) would be happy landing him 

QB wise I pray darnold is gone before us ... only QB I saw a ton of game film on and several games and I thought he was underwhelming at best not a first round QB especially not top 6

I want Allen more than Rosen because of Rosen’s immobility and injury history 

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

AR15, Watkins, Landry, Eifert, Lee, Richardson, Burton, etc. 

All have worts bro.  None were guarantees.  I agree they would be upgrades but you would have to admit to the risks:

AR15 - ACL and regressed from 2015 to 2016

Watkins - has never lived upped to the talent level

Landry -does not have worts but we had no shot of Miami trading with us

Eifert - next time he plays in 16 games will be his first .. 10 games total the past two years.

Lee - not a difference maker

RIchardson - not a difference maker

Burton - looks like a nice player but again has no track record of being an impact player

None of these guys are currently impact players.   Do they have the "potential"? Sure.  But over paying for that is not too smart when your rebuilding a franchise.

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

All have worts bro.  None where guarantees.  I agree they would be upgrades but you would have to admit to the risks:

AR15 - ACL and regressed from 2015 to 2016

Watkins - has never lived upped to the talent level

Landry -does not have worts but we had no shot of Miami trading with us

Eifert - next time he plays in 16 games will be his first .. 10 games total the past two years.

Lee - not a difference maker

RIchardson - not a difference maker

Burton - looks like a nice player but again has no track record of being an impact player

None of these guys are currently impact players.   Do they have the "potential"? Sure.  But over paying for that is not too smart when your rebuilding a franchise.

My point is we have no good playermakere for whoever is at QB. This was an issue this morning and now even a bigger issue bc of needing to groom a QB. You point out things wrong with each. But the fact is AR15 and Watkins are more talented than anyone we have. So certainly they have risks. But our #1 and 2 WR carry bigger risks at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is we have no good playermakere for whoever is at QB. This was an issue this morning and now even a bigger issue bc of needing to groom a QB. You point out things wrong with each. But the fact is AR15 and Watkins are more talented than anyone we have. So certainly they have risks. But our #1 and 2 WR carry bigger risks at the moment.

I don't think anyone in here thinks we are winning a super bowl next year. Why can't we take the approach Chicago just took? We have our future (who is not starting all season anyways), when next offseason rolls around we supply him with talent. A WR or two and a TE. This year I would love nothing more than get our QB and spend the rest of the picks on lineman (both sides of the ball). 

After our 3th pick in the draft we don't pick again till # 72 in the third round, and we don't have a fourth round pick. So we are going to get no help in the draft for the offensive unless we get lucky at with our 72nd pick in the draft. We have to do it with what is left in the FA group. Or players who get cut before training camp. Mac has his work cut out for him.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Chicken and egg situation.  We need the QB to take advantage of the weapons.  We need the weapons to assist the QB. 

Looks like we are going to take a shot at the QB.  Most likely won't play this year or at least till the end of the year.  Some times you can't get the QB and weapons in the same off season. So we will need to address weapons in the future and that will be a key, I agree, to our long term success.  Be patient, Rome was not built in a day.

Archived