Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

The offseason isn't over yet, WR it's obvious that we were aiming for the top guys but once that settled it's easy to see that we're gonna continue to give our young guys a shot. Philly had no weapons outside of Ertz Wentz' rookie deal and they changed that a year later, Chicago was the same.

Just now, Bianconero said:

Oh, we replaced average or worse players with average or slightly better players at a couple positions

True

The only wow signing was Trumaine Johnson

Ok, so we improved then, right?  Long is a major upgrade to Johnson if healthy. Crowell is a big upgrade to Forte who was abysmal. Have Tru allows Claiborne to guard 2’s and be much better. I’m not saying we’re playoff contenders, but this team is younger and better. 

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

The offseason isn't over yet, WR it's obvious that we were aiming for the top guys but once that settled it's easy to see that we're gonna continue to give our young guys a shot. Philly had no weapons outside of Ertz Wentz' rookie deal and they changed that a year later, Chicago was the same.

While this is true and definitely hopeful, I would like to know what the Eagles' cap situation was the year they went up and got Wentz

We had the opportunity to do this already and didn't for whatever reason which doesn't lead me to believe that we can do it in the future

We can't ignore history and Macc has a long list of F-ups

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We go out and get Ebron or Eifert and a WR like Matthews and you will see me be a lot happier about this trade.

I actually agree with tjis..Id love to have a big tight end for the young qb. Draft a top tier receiving talent first round next year. 

Enunwa and Robby are good. I think this group is way better than what geno had to work with. Kearse is cool in the slot but a big tight end would be nice. Don't really want Matthews he's been bad for a looooong time. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Ok, so we improved then, right?  Long is a major upgrade to Johnson if healthy. Crowell is a big upgrade to Forte who was abysmal. Have Tru allows Claiborne to guard 2’s and be much better. I’m not saying we’re playoff contenders, but this team is younger and better. 

1. "Long is a major upgrade to Johnson if healthy." 

My mother is a major upgrade if healthy or unhealthy

2. "Crowell is a big upgrade to Forte who was abysmal."

??? What makes you believe that Crowell is a major upgrade? What's major? Crowell has been an average player on the Cleveland Browns thus far in his career. What is telling    you that he is going to be a major upgrade? Pls do tell. 

3. Yes, Trumaine is a great signing. We got one

Just now, Bianconero said:

1. "Long is a major upgrade to Johnson if healthy." 

My mother is a major upgrade if healthy or unhealthy

2. "Crowell is a big upgrade to Forte who was abysmal."

??? What makes you believe that Crowell is a major upgrade? What's major? Crowell has been an average player on the Cleveland Browns thus far in his career. What is telling    you that he is going to be a major upgrade? Pls do tell. 

3. Yes, Trumaine is a great signing. We got one

1) Still an upgrade

2) because Forte was awful last year. He is a major upgrade and a very good fit for a ZBS.  Even if you don’t believe he is a major upgrade, we can agree it’s still an upgrade and he’s much younger  

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're just in the first wave of free agency. 2nd wave of cuts happen after the draft/during camp. 3rd happens with preseason cuts. It happens every year. 

Anyone outside of Matthews at this point is a 1yr 30yr old player like Wallace or Maclin.

Archived