Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Just now, BJets512 said:

I don't think anyone in here thinks we are winning a super bowl next year. Why can't we take the approach Chicago just took? We have our future (who is not starting all season anyways), when next offseason rolls around we supply him with talent. A WR or two and a TE. This year I would love nothing more than get our QB and spend the rest of the picks on lineman (both sides of the ball). 

Yes you can ruin a QB with poor play though.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

After our 3th pick in the draft we don't pick again till # 72 in the third round, and we don't have a fourth round pick. So we are going to get no help in the draft for the offensive unless we get lucky at with our 72nd pick in the draft. We have to do it with what is left in the FA group. Or players who get cut before training camp. Mac has his work cut out for him.

Jets have a 4th. #107

Just now, doumeyer said:

After our 3th pick in the draft we don't pick again till # 72 in the third round, and we don't have a fourth round pick. So we are going to get no help in the draft for the offensive unless we get lucky at with our 72nd pick in the draft. We have to do it with what is left in the FA group. Or players who get cut before training camp. Mac has his work cut out for him.

we have 3rd overall vis Colts, our 3rd, our 4th, Dallas' 5th, our 6th, Seattle's 7th

Just now, Bobby816 said:

But again, what poor play? He is not going to be on the field this season so whatever offense we put out there should not effect him. Besides, I do not think our WRs are that poor, we just have about 3-4 #2 WRs.  TE is def a need though. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

it will be for 1 year and it isnt like we're pulling a David Carr with our OL. Plus we're most likely going to trot out McCown for the 1st couple weeks if not the full year unless said rookie or Bridgewater blow the roof off

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Chicken and egg situation.  We need the QB to take advantage of the weapons.  We need the weapons to assist the QB. 

Looks like we are going to take a shot at the QB.  Most likely won't play this year or at least till the end of the year.  Some times you can't get the QB and weapons in the same off season. So we will need to address weapons in the future and that will be a key, I agree, to our long term success.  Be patient, Rome was not built in a day.

But that’s my point. Why with 100mill didn’t we?

Just now, BJets512 said:

But again, what poor play? He is not going to be on the field this season so whatever offense we put out there should not effect him. Besides, I do not think our WRs are that poor, we just have about 3-4 #2 WRs.  TE is def a need though. 

My guess is we play Teddy B so he can gain some trade value. Hes young enough and has enough of a pedigree that we could possibly trade him mid season for picks and start whoever we draft or mccown... especially if we start the year off losing 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But that’s my point. Why with 100mill didn’t we?

I guess you didn't get my reasons listed then.  We don't know for sure what was offered or not and to whom by Macc & NYJ.  And without a QB they might not have wanted to be here no matter how much money we offered.  We are going to solve the QB issue now.

You are discounting what we did on offense though for some reason.  Crowell and Long so far are both upgrades and bring our O talent level up.  I am sure there will be other moves.  We still have some WRs, while not tops in the league, that are useful for now.  Again not world betters but Kearse is a solid veteran who can help a rookie a lot and Anderson has talent too. 

If I’m Macc I’m calling teams offering a mid round pick for a WR. We have cap space to take on a salary for a team in cap needs. I wouldn’t even mind a guy like Dez for a couple years to groom Rosen (just an example).

10 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

My guess is we play Teddy B so he can gain some trade value. Hes young enough and has enough of a pedigree that we could possibly trade him mid season for picks and start whoever we draft or mccown... especially if we start the year off losing 

Unless Teddy plays great and we end up winning 4-5 games... You dont trade Teddy at that point.

Personally I think Mac .... has to be comfortable with taking 3 Qbs or Barkley .... not saying that Barkley is the pick at all ... just meaning he is prepared for any senerio .... or else why would he go to 3rd ... I also believe he had convos with both browns and giants to gage what it would take to trade into there picks ... and by thoose convos comfortable with pick 3 ....

If we come away with ... darnold Rosen Barkley or baker .... its worth it ..

obvously we should go QB ... but if somthing goes wrong 2 qbs go off the bored and we not comfortable with the 3rd ... Barkley would be better choice then reaching for someone we could of had at 6 ... 

Archived