Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Mayfields arm strength is definitely understated. Almost gets put on the back burner because of how deadly accurate he is.

His velocity at the combine was about the same as Mahomes. The data I saw from last year was just one number. Mahomes was at 60. This year they gave two numbers, one throwing to the left, the other to the right. Mayfield was 59/60.(Rosen was 57/59 and Allen 62/62)

19 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, if the browns go Allen and the giants don’t want him, they’d likely trade down and get a king’s ransom for him

I don't think the Giants trade down.  The reports are they think Barkley is the near perfect prospect.  They are going Barkley at 2.   So it is very realistic if not a certainty that if Browns go Allen, Darnold is there at 3. 

21 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I don't think the Giants trade down.  The reports are they think Barkley is the near perfect prospect.  They are going Barkley at 2.   So it is very realistic if not a certainty that if Browns go Allen, Darnold is there at 3. 

Still think we go Baker or Rosen. I dont want Darnold.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Still think we go Baker or Rosen. I dont want Darnold.

I am the other way around ... would take Darnold over either of those guys.  Would also take Allen over those two as well ... I am split on Rosen/Mayfiled though.  Inside of two weeks now so we will see soon,.

49 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Idk...that can be true or may be overblown about how they feel. I mean, we can't be 50/50 on our rumors but believe everybody else rumors on who they like.

Ultimatey, I think the Giants only would trade with the Broncos because at that point, Giants will either draft Chubb or Barkley, knowing that top 3 will be QBs.

1 minute ago, DowNY said:

Idk...that can be true or may be overblown about how they feel. I mean, we can't be 50/50 on our rumors but believe everybody else rumors on who they like.

Ultimatey, I think the Giants only would trade with the Broncos because at that point, Giants will either draft Chubb or Barkley, knowing that top 3 will be QBs.

I agree with you things get overblown this time of year with the draft and a lot of smoke screens go up. 

However, as far as the Giants go, I keep going back to what Gettleman said months ago.  He believes you have to draft a guy you think is a can't miss HOF type of player this high in the draft.  Given the warts on each QB, I think he passes and goes Barkley.  If he trades down he will not get Barkley as I can't see Cleveland passing on him at 4.  We will see though.

Peter King on his podcast said this is the hardest draft to predict because you have two GMs at the top who have poker faces and run a tight ship (referring to Gettleman and Dorsey). We all know Macc is tight lipped also. 

These reporters don't have a clue what is going to happen with the first 3 picks. 

16 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Honestly I think the Giants are pushing that narrative in hopes the Browns pull the trigger on Barkley. I think they have their sights set on Darnold.

20 hours ago, famousj said:

This Youtube video is a good view on Baker Mayfield to give a different perspective on the Mayfied discussion.   I am starting to soften my stance on Baker "WTF" Mayfield stance. Mayfield has good qualities but still don't see him as the reason the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks for. Mayfield could have been available at #6. If the Jets do not pick Rosen or Darnold I find the trade to #3 a mistake.

The jets had no choice but to move up. If they stayed at 6 they would miss out on ALL 4 QB.

Browns  QB

Giants QB or trade and still be QB

Colts traded out of spot to team that wants a QB

Browns could pick or trade pick away for QB

Denver Would take a QB

Ya they had no choice if you want one of the top 4, Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield you HAVE to be top 5 to have a 50/50 chance top 4 automatic. Picking 3 we will have a choice which makes it even better. The Chubb and Barkley talk is all that talk to set up smokescreens. One of those guys might go 4 IF browns keep it. The NFL teams all know you live and die by the QB play and to have 4 guys be ranked higher than any one in the last three years ya they are going top 5 all 4 of them. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Based on pattern... Macc has drafted high twice and players we never thought would fall to us did. Darnold very well can fall in our lap. But I actually still rank Darnold 2nd of my QBs. With Rosen being 1 and Mayfield 3.

Same! 

I think this is why Mac made the move to 3. That is the perfect spot to be in. We will have to make a choice on one of the big 4. The jets could actually have a choice of all four QB. We might see Barkley go 1 and Chubb go 2. I highly doubt this but it could happen. I have Mayfield is the highest QB ranking in the last 3 years. The guy is so accurate that one scout even said he is the most accurate QB he has ever scouted. That is how good he is. He also has a very strong arm and the I will win at all cost. He has the "IT" factor. I think the jets wanted him all along because he fits the perfect QB for the Jets. This will also put butts in their seats too. Josh McCown is the perfect guy to mentor him too if he is not ready to start day one. I also think if Teddy B. does well in preseason you will see him moved too for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in 2019.

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this is why Mac made the move to 3. That is the perfect spot to be in. We will have to make a choice on one of the big 4. The jets could actually have a choice of all four QB. We might see Barkley go 1 and Chubb go 2. I highly doubt this but it could happen. I have Mayfield is the highest QB ranking in the last 3 years. The guy is so accurate that one scout even said he is the most accurate QB he has ever scouted. That is how good he is. He also has a very strong arm and the I will win at all cost. He has the "IT" factor. I think the jets wanted him all along because he fits the perfect QB for the Jets. This will also put butts in their seats too. Josh McCown is the perfect guy to mentor him too if he is not ready to start day one. I also think if Teddy B. does well in preseason you will see him moved too for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in 2019.

Personally, i'd put it about a zero percent chance barkley goes 1.  Dorsey won't risk losing the two QB's he likes best at 1 to settle for potentially his third favorite at 4.

All 4 mocks on NFL.COM have us taking either Rosen or Darnold. The uncertainty at the top of the draft is wild. Can't believe how many darts are still being thrown out there. On their podcast though, they said they are basing the Josh Allen to Cleveland pick on what they are hearing from around the league from people who have worked with Dorsey. They noted that the information is not coming from Cleveland. 

Just 10 more days. CANT WAIT.

Archived