Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Dustin Fox - Cleveland reporter. Apparently Browns coaches aren't high on Darnold.

I'm going to stop checking twitter. I was enjoying all this stuff until today.

Yea you have to stop listening to these clowns, they know less than us. That is their job to stir up controversy.

This Baker Mayfield hype is getting out of hand.  There are 2 groups. One who thinks Baker is the next coming of Joe Namath. LMAO.  The other group thinks he not worthy of the #3 pick or a 1st round pick in the draft. Just because Russell Wilson ( 3rd round) and Drew Brees (2nd round) is having success in the NFL does not mean Baker Mayfield will as the #3 pick in the draft.   I still think the target QBs are Rosen or Sam Darnold.   What will you Mayfield fans do if Cleveland goes Josh Allen and Giants go Saquan Barkley?  Is it Mayfield or Darnold?

I still stand what I have been saying since the trade. They moved up (which I TOTALLY AGREE WITH) to grab a QB, no question about it. The picks we gave (3 second round picks) are no going to be starts like most people think. You hope you hit one of those three picks. The way the jets draft in the second round is by far the the worse in the NFL. Now moving up means we will have a choice for the top 4 QBs. I think this QB class is the best I have seen in a long time. These 4 QB's can be really special QB draft class. These guys are going top 5 if not top 4. There are reports out there that the Browns might draft 2 QB. I think that would be crazy but in some ways you are several years away from a play off team why not. If you hit with both you now have something that the NFL has not seen since the Drew Brees and Phil Rivers. The first pick will be Allen. The Browns take him because they have the time and young team that he can grow with and develop into a top 3-5 QB if he hits full potential. The Giants are really trying to trade but not to far down. They end up staying with the pick  and take Darnold. They now have the young franchise QB to lead them. The Giants just can't let the jets steal the head line when they draft their QB. The Jets are now on the clock. They moved up knowing that their top QB on the board Darnold is gone. They knew going into the trade that he was most likely going in the top 2. This was about Baker Mayfield. Yes the Jets take Mayfield. He is the perfect fit for this team that is dying for a true young franchise QB who can lead this team on the field and give everything he has in the film room and on the field. He has scouts saying that Mayfield is the most accurate QB they have EVER evaluated. He has a very strong arm and can make all the throws. When he goes to take the ball it will be a lot of fun to watch him hit guys all over the field. Now back to the draft Browns then grab Barkley. Denver then grabs the last one Rosen. Elway is happy with this because he has a guy that can start now.

Side notes

Pats grab Mason Rudolph as their franchise QB. I don't by the Richmond guy at all. Pats want people to reach on him to drop Mason. 

Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen all become very good QB's for 10 plus years with a lot of success.

Rosen shows he can be the best of all of them but does not make it out his third year. He sits is rookie year and then tears it up his second year. Then half way through his third year he gets a concussion and retires. He is too worried about CTE and retires. He has money and people will remember him.

54 minutes ago, famousj said:

This Baker Mayfield hype is getting out of hand.  There are 2 groups. One who thinks Baker is the next coming of Joe Namath. LMAO.  The other group thinks he not worthy of the #3 pick or a 1st round pick in the draft. Just because Russell Wilson ( 3rd round) and Drew Brees (2nd round) is having success in the NFL does not mean Baker Mayfield will as the #3 pick in the draft.   I still think the target QBs are Rosen or Sam Darnold.   What will you Mayfield fans do if Cleveland goes Josh Allen and Giants go Saquan Barkley?  Is it Mayfield or Darnold?

You started good by sounding unbias but then you put yourself in the second group. Should've tried to stay in the middle. I don't know if Mayfield will be Namath (who was overrated but will always be respected for netting our only ship) or if he'll end up being close to Brees or Wilson. What I do know, he has great traits that people continue to ignore for some type of reason. Sure Brees & Wilson weren't 1st rd picks but if you do a re-draft, they would be #1 picks in their respective drafts. So that's pointless. 

I'll stick to what I think. It can go either:

Browns - Josh Allen

Giants - Saquon Barkley

Jets - Sam Darnold

or

Browns - Sam Darnold

Giants - Saquon Barkley

Jets - Baker Mayfield

On 4/19/2018 at 10:57 PM, jetskid007 said:

I mean, I was saying it back before no one was and we ended up being a finalist. 

Hey no slight to you, I know you know your stuff.

I was just referring to the crazy amount of rumors and speculation going around that’s driving everyone crazy. 

At this point I’m hoping Darnold falls. He’s my first choice since they don’t seem to be too high on Rosen per “reports”. Who knows what that’s about. I like Darnolds upside and honestly wouldn’t mind sitting him for a portion of the season until he’s cleaned up some of his issues. I’d be really happy with either of Darnold or Rosen but wouldn’t complain if we draft Baker but he’s my 3rd guy. He fits the system, has uncanny accuracy and can make the big throws. I can see why they want him.  

5 hours ago, famousj said:

Darnold. I loved Mayfield as a college player  and wouldn’t bet against him being a great pro. Back at the beginning of this process (end of college season) I thought he was a late round pick probably not a viable option at 6. I did give myself some wiggle room and said that his draft status would  depend on his hand size and velocity. His hand size is on the smallish size but still acceptable (larger than Goff and Hackenberg) while his velocity is world class. So in this QB frenzy I could see us taking him at 6. However trading up for him just seems crazy or the reaction from a desperate GM.

For me, the only QB worth trading up for was Darnold. I see a lot of on Mayfield in him but bigger and younger. His fumble issue seems like it’s correctable. Rosen is a throw back to the Manning school of pocket type passers however unlike the mannings he seems injury prone. That scares me. Remember most of us here didn’t want Lattimore last year because of injury concerns and I think that Rosen has similar concerns. Allen has accuracy issues plus his numbers against good competition are terrible. IMO Jackson could be the  Atlanta version of Vick, a decent enough passer that can rush for 1000 yards. 

I think, in the right system all five of these guys can be franchise QBs. I’d rate them as Darnold, Rosen without injury but with injury as a concern i’d drop him under Mayfield. Jackson would be my 4th. I had visions of us taking him at 6 and getting RB Jones in the second. That would be a scary backfield for defenses, imo. Allen could turn out to be the best of the bunch but I think he has a longer way to go. 

I also think that a couple of the other QBs (Lauretta, White, Lee, Falk, Rudolph, etc). could find success either as long time starters or spot starters. 

6 hours ago, famousj said:

You make is sound like Namath is a great player. He was Hollywood for sure and we should all love him for his Super Bowl but the only reason he is in the hall of fame is because of what Super Bowl III meant for the long term success to the NFL. If you are going on his on play, he is probably the worst player in the Hall.

I think we are looking at Darnold and Mayfield, I don’t think Darnold makes it to us. I hope any issues we have with Rosen stem from his injuries and questionable passion for the game, not his outspoken political views. If it came out that we didn’t consider him because of the Trump hat thing I’d be pretty peeved. 

15 hours ago, DowNY said:

Our QB rankings and comparisons mean nothing.

I have been say this for three months, I agree. At least these comparisons are as bad of some of these silly mock drafts which means nothing also. 

Just to show I’m not alone.... when my friends who are all very educated football fans (mainly big 12 football since I live in Texas) ASJ me who the Jets are drafting (most are Cowboy fans) and I say Baker Mayfield... they all laugh and say we just can’t draft QBs.

Not that they are experts or anything (just like us). I’m more just pointing out that I think some on here have became infatuated with him, when in reality mostbthe outside fan base and all don’t think he’s anything special. Just a point of view I wanted to point out.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Just to show I’m not alone.... when my friends who are all very educated football fans (mainly big 12 football since I live in Texas) ASJ me who the Jets are drafting (most are Cowboy fans) and I say Baker Mayfield... they all laugh and say we just can’t draft QBs.

Not that they are experts or anything (just like us). I’m more just pointing out that I think some on here have became infatuated with him, when in reality mostbthe outside fan base and all don’t think he’s anything special. Just a point of view I wanted to point out.

We get it.  You're not high on Mayfield.  

Archived