Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Last few days have seen us we all the 4 QBs mainly. Still think we have 2 guys we love and 2 we like. And I think there’s no way we don’t get 1 of the 2 we love. And I think that’s Darnold or Rosen.

I mean.... i really hope we get one of the 2 we want, but when you are selecting 3rd and there are 2 players you like you can't say there is no way we don't get one.  Mostly due to how numbers work lol.

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I mean.... i really hope we get one of the 2 we want, but when you are selecting 3rd and there are 2 players you like you can't say there is no way we don't get one.  Mostly due to how numbers work lol.

I’ve stated this numerous times I think we have the lines of communication 100% open with NYG. And if we have to beat an offer for a team moving up to get 1 of those 2 we will. I can’t see us giving up 3 2nd Rounders all to miss out on our guy. We will put finishing touches to move up to 2 if we have to. Hopefully we don’t have to though. My bigger question is who do we select if both are there? If Allen goes 1 and Barkley goes 2, I don’t know who select. Personally I like Rosen. But I could see us liking Darnold more. 

Was just listening to Kiper on the radio, he was saying how pro days are practically meaningless for QBs. Said JaMarcus Russel had the greatest pro day of all time and Peyton Manning, if he wasn’t a Manning, could of slid out of round 1 after his because it was so underwhelming.

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we had a choice of Rosen or Darnold I’m taking Darnold. Similar upside and way less health risk. 

If Rosen didn’t have the durability issues Id take him though.

At the end of the day I’d take either. Rosen had health issues but Darnold has turnover issues. So it’s a give and take type thing. With our past young QBs having turnover issues (Sanchez, Geno) I could see us taking the injury risk over the turnover risk.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day I’d take either. Rosen had health issues but Darnold has turnover issues. So it’s a give and take type thing. With our past young QBs having turnover issues (Sanchez, Geno) I could see us taking the injury risk over the turnover risk.

I think Darnolds turnover issues are way overblown. It’s a matter of him trying to do too much IMO. And it’s something that’s pretty coachable and correctable.He came on strong down the stretch.

Im happy with either one but I feel like Darnold is safer.

41 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think Darnolds turnover issues are way overblown. It’s a matter of him trying to do too much IMO. And it’s something that’s pretty coachable and correctable.He came on strong down the stretch.

Just a note on this while I agree a lot of Darnold's stuff was him pressing to make the bigger play or holding onto the ball too long waiting for something. Why doesn't coachable and correctable apply to Allen in most circumstances?

Allen improved his mechanics and accuracy in off season coaching (obviously still has a way to go). By all accounts he's been impressive on the board and with pro concepts. Also dropped from center more than Darnold. No arguing he isnt as polished as the others but hes shown flashes and he does have some experiences and benefits.

If Darnold can correct pressing why cant Allen correct his mechanics? When he has everything lined up he's able to make some very impressive pro throws into tiny windows all over the field, if he can iron out his mechanics and throw consistently I dont think there are any other major issues with his game. (fully agree tho still that allen and jackson are the 2 highest risk reward QBs in this draft but I do think Allen and Jackson could reach their potentials)

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I like Darnold as much as the next guy but he had 8 lost fumbles just last year.  That more than the other 3 QB's combined, Rosen 3, Allen 2, Baker 0.  On top of that he also had the most picks.  His turnovers aren't that overblown.  I am honestly more worried about his fumbles than his picks.  He runs around with the ball in 1 hand way to much.

20 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Just a note on this while I agree a lot of Darnold's stuff was him pressing to make the bigger play or holding onto the ball too long waiting for something. Why doesn't coachable and correctable apply to Allen in most circumstances?

Allen improved his mechanics and accuracy in off season coaching (obviously still has a way to go). By all accounts he's been impressive on the board and with pro concepts. Also dropped from center more than Darnold. No arguing he isnt as polished as the others but hes shown flashes and he does have some experiences and benefits.

If Darnold can correct pressing why cant Allen correct his mechanics? When he has everything lined up he's able to make some very impressive pro throws into tiny windows all over the field, if he can iron out his mechanics and throw consistently I dont think there are any other major issues with his game. (fully agree tho still that allen and jackson are the 2 highest risk reward QBs in this draft but I do think Allen and Jackson could reach their potentials)

I completely agree and stand by my opinion that Darnold and Allen are the highest upside QBs in the draft. 

How in the heck do we know that Allen improved his mechanics and accuracy in one offseason? Talk about drinking the pro-day Kool-Aid. Pro day is made for a guy like Josh Allen who can zip in tight like Noah Syndergaard throws his fastball, but unlike Thor, Allen is all over the place. Obviously we aren't at these pro days, but the game tape ways tons more than a guy having an impressive pro-day. Accuracy is a very difficult thing to just correct. The odds of him being an above 62% passer for his career after really struggling to stay about 56% in a D1AA conference are slim to none. After years and years of struggling to find the right guy, and finally trading premium assets to do so, everyone wants to take another gamble?! My god has this organization done a number on its fans. Every QB has upside, saying a guy has upside is literally the most obvious analysis you can make, the probability of reaching that upside, not very high. Be careful what you wish for, I personally can't go through another Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith. 

28 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

How in the heck do we know that Allen improved his mechanics and accuracy in one offseason? Talk about drinking the pro-day Kool-Aid. Pro day is made for a guy like Josh Allen who can zip in tight like Noah Syndergaard throws his fastball, but unlike Thor, Allen is all over the place. Obviously we aren't at these pro days, but the game tape ways tons more than a guy having an impressive pro-day. Accuracy is a very difficult thing to just correct. The odds of him being an above 62% passer for his career after really struggling to stay about 56% in a D1AA conference are slim to none. After years and years of struggling to find the right guy, and finally trading premium assets to do so, everyone wants to take another gamble?! My god has this organization done a number on its fans. Every QB has upside, saying a guy has upside is literally the most obvious analysis you can make, the probability of reaching that upside, not very high. Be careful what you wish for, I personally can't go through another Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith. 

I agree with you but one very intriguing thing that's been brought up a few times is Allen hasn't had nearly the amount or quality of coaching that all the other QBs in this class have had, and now that he has been getting that kind of coaching he seems to be improving. Yes, events such as the combine and pro days are designed to make them look good but it was evident in just a few months of coaching his footwork and mechanics seemed better and in turn his accuracy improved. I'm not saying he's who I want but I won't be devastated if the Jets pick him. 

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

I agree with you but one very intriguing thing that's been brought up a few times is Allen hasn't had nearly the amount or quality of coaching that all the other QBs in this class have had, and now that he has been getting that kind of coaching he seems to be improving. Yes, events such as the combine and pro days are designed to make them look good but it was evident in just a few months of coaching his footwork and mechanics seemed better and in turn his accuracy improved. I'm not saying he's who I want but I won't be devastated if the Jets pick him. 

I agree on the coaching standpoint of things... I think we all also have a lotta fear from hackenberg ... but I feel hackenberg was broken by his college experience. i dont think that Allen is.

Whoever we draft i'll be rooting for them and think all 5 of these have great potential.

Honestly if im the Giants I prob would take Allen sit him 2 years behind Eli and then let him loose. Learn how to prepare and approach stuff like a real pro and work on his mechanics issues and step in more prepared.

19 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Honestly if im the Giants I prob would take Allen sit him 2 years behind Eli and then let him loose. Learn how to prepare and approach stuff like a real pro and work on his mechanics issues and step in more prepared.

Absolutely a bad idea.  Outside top 15 is okay but not for top 5 pick.  Environmental pressure will be ridiculously high.  IF Giants plan to stick with Eli until his contract expires, don't draft a qb in top 5 at all.

Yes, I will absolutely be his biggest fan if thats our selection and be as positive as can be, but I just will not buy what everyone in his camp are selling until I actually see it. Mac just drafted a second round QB that would have been humiliated if we put him in a game, I dont know how he could take that risk with Josh Allen. Obviously Allen's much more likely to succeed than Hackenberg ever did, but what he is deficient in happens to be the most difficult to fix. The athleticism however, could be his saving grace when he goes through his initial struggles as a passer. As it stands though I don't know if I see anything more than a Blake Bortles right now. 

Archived