Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Probably, but not much more. At the end of the day we gave up 3 2nd Rounders what's given up a couple more mid round picks to get "our" guy? Its already something we've pretty much gone all in on. That's why I don't see us moving up all ti miss out on our guy.

I don't believe the Giants will trade with us, period

3 hours ago, KBS756 said:

I think we're gonna end up with Allen 

The more I look into this the more middling Rosen looks to me ... he couldn't honestly be the lowest ceiling of the top 5 QBs in this draft. 

Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson all above him in ceiling. Hes prob higher than all in floor but I dont think hes gonna grow much higher than those

Some serious serious hot taeks. 

Rosen is 100% the most likely QB to succeed at the next level if health isnt an issue. 

Just saw a replay of an interview with Chris canty. He is being told that the Giants like just 1 QB. He doesn't know who it is though. But he suspects it is Sam Darnold. He actually speculated the Giants could trade up to get him.

Got me thinking since I think the Browns might want Allen over Darnold. Darnold goes 1 to the Giants, Allen goes 2, Rosen goes 3 to the Jets, Barkley goes 4 and Baker goes 5 to Denver. 

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Some serious serious hot taeks. 

Rosen is 100% the most likely QB to succeed at the next level if health isnt an issue. 

if Succeed is to be a average to slightly above average QB I believe sure but I dont think hes gonna be a elite QB

Allen Mayfield Jackson have the potential to be truly elite in different ways, obviously more risky but higher reward

Darnold has the tools and potential just somehow dont feel it right 

11 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

if Succeed is to be a average to slightly above average QB I believe sure but I dont think hes gonna be a elite QB

Allen Mayfield Jackson have the potential to be truly elite in different ways, obviously more risky but higher reward

Darnold has the tools and potential just somehow dont feel it right 

This is exactly my sentiment. Darnold should be the consensus best, and is in my mind, but I still don't feel right about choosing him as our franchise guy. Something feels off.

I think Mayfield is going to be special. He has the right type of fire to put up a fight in any situation. The rest are just athletic phenoms that if they can put it together mentally, they will be elite.

51 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We're a rival in the NY market. Battle of profits my dude, they aren't gonna help us get a franchise QB.

I agree, no way in the world would the Giants trade a top offensive player in his prime to the Jets. It would be like the Yankees & the Mets trading  talent. It is a constant battle for back page headlines, in New York. 

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This quote makes no sense at all

Goal achieved

Just coach speak. He's not gonna say "yeah we like 3 of the QBs that's why we moved up." He's just trying to keep everyone guessing as much as possible. We are a month away from the draft it's lying season lol. 

34 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This quote makes no sense at all

Goal achieved

I don’t read much into that. The whole league knows it’s for a QB and probably for really 3 guys. Macc and Bowles won’t show their cards at all

58 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This is interesting

I don’t believe that any qb other than Jackson of the top 5 is gonna need to sit. (Product of the way college used him and his throwing motion being mostly just arm and wrist which I think he’ll have to completely fix so he sets his feet somewhat)

Watching Rosen Allen Darnold and mayfield I think all could come in and start relatively quickly.

Allen seems to completely get it mentally just his mechanics aren’t right all the time and he does have some gunslinger don’t play it safe in him. Think someone quoted him saying “Favre says Touchdowns over Check downs”

watched 4-5 games of his every throw and run including Oregon and Iowa, and I definitely saw him try to look off safeties ... adjust calls at the line ... adjust protections... and go through multiple progressions. Mentally I think he’s more advanced than he’s given credit for. Also think he feels pressure and has better pocket presence than Rosen when he has a pocket. Also does a good job keeping his eyes down field, and is definitely a guy who competes.

I also did see him not take some easy underneath ones to try to go for the big one, some misfires, and a general lack of proteecting himself when running. And some try to force something to make something out of nothing.

Before I was thinking Allen isn’t a big drop off from the other 2 now my thinking has changed to him and baker look like the best 2 in this draft. (I just don’t think we’re taking baker tho)

Archived