Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

57 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If his accuracy wasn't an issue he wouldn't be working on his footwork this offseason. He even says he needs to improve his accuracy.

Of course he needs to improve his accuracy. Every quarterback in this draft needs to. I’ve seen his plays tho and generally yea he’s aggressive, but so are the offensive calls and his wrs don’t gain seperation often.

also I’d much rather have a QB who goes for plays ... than one always looking for the safe throw. I view the later as playing scared ... playing scared wins you nothing. Making plays where you put the ball in danger but still place it well enough is where good qbs make their money

yea Brady takes the easy stuff when the big stuff isn’t there but he’s always looking for the big ones

aaron Rodgers routinely threads the needle on throws that are more than slightly dangerous 

gotta take chances and execute on them. I like the aggressive mentality and I still think reigning in aggression is easier than instilling it into someone who plays overly safe 

also for Hackenberg fears he had Allen Robinson and still never exceeded 60% ... Allen definitely has no one of that talent level

3 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=bloomjoshallen

Read this article, it explains exactly how I feel about Allen when I watch his tape. 

As far as Rosen goes, I love him as a prospect but he has his own warts. His lack of ability to make plays off script is worrisome. He is definitely the kind of QB that will need good protection to have success early on. I could actually see Allen finding some success early on if he is used the right way. 

Thanks that was a good read. I want to like this kid so bad, trust me. He is everything I like in a QB minus the accuracy. I think the Hackenberg and Petty selections have me very scared when it comes to Allen. We have to get it right once and for all. At the end of the day I am going to be very excited no matter who we pick, but Allen just happens to scare me the most. 

9 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Of course he needs to improve his accuracy. Every quarterback in this draft needs to. I’ve seen his plays tho and generally yea he’s aggressive, but so are the offensive calls and his wrs don’t gain seperation often.

also I’d much rather have a QB who goes for plays ... than one always looking for the safe throw. I view the later as playing scared ... playing scared wins you nothing. Making plays where you put the ball in danger but still place it well enough is where good qbs make their money

yea Brady takes the easy stuff when the big stuff isn’t there but he’s always looking for the big ones

aaron Rodgers routinely threads the needle on throws that are more than slightly dangerous 

gotta take chances and execute on them. I like the aggressive mentality and I still think reigning in aggression is easier than instilling it into someone who plays overly safe 

also for Hackenberg fears he had Allen Robinson and still never exceeded 60% ... Allen definitely has no one of that talent level

Of course Brady occasionally throws deep, but it is a pretty small % of the time

Rodgers can make those throws because he is insanely accurate, and able to make throws that very few other people can make

As far as Hack ya he had Robinson, but he was also playing much better competition.  Lets not forget that Allen had 2 guys drafted to the NFL last year his top WR and his TE.  Relative to level of competition having 2 future pros to throw too isn't so bad in the MWC.

24 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Of course Brady occasionally throws deep, but it is a pretty small % of the time

Rodgers can make those throws because he is insanely accurate, and able to make throws that very few other people can make

As far as Hack ya he had Robinson, but he was also playing much better competition.  Lets not forget that Allen had 2 guys drafted to the NFL last year his top WR and his TE.  Relative to level of competition having 2 future pros to throw too isn't so bad in the MWC.

Weren’t they both late or undrsfted ?

i think Allen can refine things and thread that same needle as Rodgers more often (don’t think anyone is gonna do it as consistently as Rodgers tho)

Jets are not going to schedule a workout with Sam Darnald. I think this shows that Darnald will be picked in the top 2. There are reports that the jets never contacted the Gianst about moving up to #2. This does not surprise me because the Giants and Jets are always fighting for headlines and usually the Giants win. So why would the giants move down and let the jets get a chance to grab not only a franchise QB and the Giants loser their franchise QB in a year or two while missing out on all 4 QB. The jets did talk to the Browns about #1 but I think the asking price was WAY OVER PRICED. The jets did next best move by grabbing the #3 spot at a fair price. If the jets stayed at 6 they would miss out on all 4 QB's. These Qb's will all be gone in the top 4 or 5 picks. As of right now I see the jets grabbing Baker Mayfield. This is how it will play out.

1. Sam Darnald=Browns will grab who they think is the best QB in the draft. They can't wait at 4 when you have the choice of all of them. 

2. Josh Rosen = Bills trade up and grab Josh Rosen. They give up both first round picks this year and along with next years first and second. They like how he threw the ball in the wind during his Pro Day. 

3. Baker Mayfield = New York Jets. I think this was the guy the jets were targeting the entire time. I also think he is the best QB in the draft. He has everything you need in a franchise QB including the Broadway Joe attitude. I don't care he comes in just under 6' 1" with smaller type hands. The guy can straight out play and we will look like we ripped off the Colts in 4 to 5 years when he is leading the jets to The AFC Championship games and Super Bowls. 

4. Josh Allen = Cardinals make a trade with the browns in which they collect a lot more 1st and second round picks. 

5. S, Barkley = Denver is not happy that all the QB went before them so they take the next best thing that can help their team and that is a stud RB. 

I strongly think that all 4 QB will be picked in the top 4. These guys are all good QB that will do very well in the league. This class of QB will challenge the class of 83 QB and I think will be a better class than 83. I never get hyped about QB EVER and this year I love 4 of the QB that to me means this class of QB is VERY SPECIAL. 

On a side not I think Lamar Jackson gets picked in the late 4 or 5 round. Most if not all the teams see him as a WR and not a QB and he wants to be a QB. That is not the attitude you want starting your NFL career. I think he is a Terrell Pryor clone just smaller and faster. 

10 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Agree with you. It's harder to teach someone to be more aggressive. I think Mark Schoefield from Inside the Pylon had a similar comment when analyzing either Baker or Allen. Can't remember who he was referring to when he said it. And I believe he used himself as an example. He was never able to become more aggressive despite coaches telling him to. But non of Allen, Baker and Rosen lack aggression. 

I guess if you see Allen becoming more consistent (or if you are ok with an inconsistent QB that can make big plays) than I can see why you think he is a top 5 pick. I've seen a ton of tape of him as well and have read a lot people trying to make the case for and against him. So, it's not that I don't like him as a top 5 pick because I haven't spent the time. I've gone back to his HS stats to see if there was something I can hang my hat on (especially after accepting the reality that the Jets might be high on this guy). Unlike college, we don't have tape of HS games but the stats show that he is an inconsistent QB that can make great plays (he had a higher Yrds/Comp compared to the other 3 QBs but he had something like a 56% comp rate while those other guys were in the mid 60's). It's kind of like what we've seen from those QB's at the college level. I'd have to imagine he received better coaching at the college level compared to the HS level.The same counter argument will apply in terms of talent level around the team, small school vs big school, relative level of competition...

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Thanks that was a good read. I want to like this kid so bad, trust me. He is everything I like in a QB minus the accuracy. I think the Hackenberg and Petty selections have me very scared when it comes to Allen. We have to get it right once and for all. At the end of the day I am going to be very excited no matter who we pick, but Allen just happens to scare me the most. 

Been waiting for that article for a couple of weeks so I could post it here but someone beat me to it. Sigmund Bloom (the author) has been talking about this for weeks on podcasts. 

It's actually kinda a similar situation with draft Twitter on Allen and old school scouts on Lamarr Jackson. There's biases in the respective evaluations that people may not realize. Jackson's has to do with athleticism at the position, where more QBs with that type of running skills and speed haven't panned our at the position, and possibly another factor but I'd rather not make that accusation here. I think a lot of us and a lot of draft Twitter have a bias against Allen though that isn't really fair. Read a piece last week titled something like "Josh Allen is the embodiment of every big arm failure QB." I think a lot of people see the arm and hear the scouts say comical things like "rocket arm" and unknowingly group him in with, like you just said, guys like Petty and Hack. Hard to see past that. 

Continue to be happy with any of the top 5 QBs at #3 and I really mean that. Kinda shocking because I usually hate on a couple of guys in every class. 

I’m starting to think Cleveland goes Allen at 1. Makes too much sense when you think about it. I think we all can agree he has the highest ceiling, but also has the lowest floor. The benefit Cleveland has now is time after adding Taylor. Allen needs to sit and learn for a year or so. Cleveland has set up for that exact situation.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m starting to think Cleveland goes Allen at 1. Makes too much sense when you think about it. I think we all can agree he has the highest ceiling, but also has the lowest floor. The benefit Cleveland has now is time after adding Taylor. Allen needs to sit and learn for a year or so. Cleveland has set up for that exact situation.

It'd be ideal if they did.  Darnold would likely got 2, leaving Rosen at 3.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the owner of the Browns only went to Allen's and Darnold's pro-day. Safe to say that those two guys are 1 and 2 on their board for QB. Also, since it seems they asking price for the number pick is so high, it's safe to say they are going QB. I could definitely see Allen going number 1. Mock drafts are inherently inaccurate, but I think there's something to people like Kiper having Allen number 1 overall. Those guys get information from insiders and try to base their mocks on what they think each team will do.

I really don't want Rosen ... I feel like hes over rated now ... and his arm isnt as strong as advertised ... darnold mayfield jackson and of course allen have stronger arms

and we play at 7 of division games a year in bad weather / windy stadiums ... our own and the Patriots and bills

Also think Rosen's stats are padded by his offense 

Archived