Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

If we are going in on Peter King than that means Jets go Mayfield. He's been calling Mayfield to the Jets for over a month now. He even posted a month ago that the Jets could trade up from 6 to land Mayfield. We all know now that the Jets traded up. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

And Jim Mora going on record questioning Rosen's long-term commitment to football...

Ya I read that. Said something along the lines that he’s a millennial and needs to be challenged to keep interest. Not exactly positive. I think all this is getting over analyzed at this stage. I mean last week Mayfield was in record for saying that his antics weren’t that bad at OU and that he needs to work on that, but that he will play the game with that same fire. I read that as when he’s caught up in a moment in a game that he will do similar things. So it’s all just digging in deep now. And too deep at that. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Ya I read that. Said something along the lines that he’s a millennial and needs to be challenged to keep interest. Not exactly positive. I think all this is getting over analyzed at this stage. I mean last week Mayfield was in record for saying that his antics weren’t that bad at OU and that he needs to work on that, but that he will play the game with that same fire. I read that as when he’s caught up in a moment in a game that he will do similar things. So it’s all just digging in deep now. And too deep at that. 

I think what scares me about the Mora quote is usually a college coach says everything positive about their QB.  Not saying Mora is right by any means, but it's a little alarming.

That quote is absurd

You should be worried if someone DOESN'T want to be challenged

It's not a millennial thing; its a life thing

If a coach is scared of someone who wants to be challenged then maybe their position should be thought over

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Mora is a terrible coach, IMO. Think what he said reflects poorly on himself rather than Rosen. Only bad coaches have an issue with being challenged. 

He also is bitter after getting fired I’m sure too. So take it for what it’s worth.

Read the full article. Most of what he said is pretty positive. He said Rosen is without a doubt the number 1 QB. But if he were Cleveland, he would go Darnold because Darnold fits that city better. If he were a NY team, he would go Rosen. 

The having a lot of interest is a bit of a concern. We saw players like Tiki Barber retire early because of interest outside of football. It's not a bad thing to have a lot interest. But down the road when you are already a millionaire, it could lead you to retiring early. So, he may be the type of player that retires after his first big contract. That's a risk.

23 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That quote is absurd

You should be worried if someone DOESN'T want to be challenged

It's not a millennial thing; its a life thing

If a coach is scared of someone who wants to be challenged then maybe their position should be thought over

He could also be trying to steer away teams from taking him because Rosen wants to be in NY?  No clue.

Rosen having shoulder surgery before scares me more than him needing to be challenged. Rosen has interests outside of football, big deal. That doesn't mean he won't be committed to success. Also he is very intelligent and wants to be challenged. I found it interesting that Aaron Rodgers was working out with him, cause that is how his attitude seems to me.

Main thing is Rosen is polished, he can throw and place the football. He is intelligent and could work a NFL offense. Our OC Jerermy Bates apparently would be a good fit with him cause Bates is also a extremely intelligent offensive mind. 

Football Outsiders put out their QBase Projections. Big 5? in order: Mayfield, Jackson, Rosen, Darnold, Allen.

I went back to see how this projection has done in the past (see below).

This stat seems to be very conservative as it generalize categorizes these QB's as bust. I don't know much about Football Outsiders but this looks a bit underwhelming to me. 

2015:

Winston: 61% bust; 26% adequate starter 

Mariota: 41% adequate starter; 24% upper tier

Petty: 80% bust

2016:

Wentz: 62% bust; 24% adequate starter

Goff: 34% adequate starter; 28% bust

Lynch: 67% bust, 21% adequate starter

Hack: 80% bust

Prescott: 55% bust; 27% adequate starter

2017:

Trubisky: 49% bust; 31 adequate starter

Watson: 57% bust; 28% adequate starter

Mahomes:  46% bust; 27% adequate starter

Kizer:  66% bust; 21% adequate starter

That quote about Rosen definitely makes me want him more rather than less. Wanting to be challenged and wanting to know why means that he wants a deeper understanding of things so that he can succeed. Tom Brady is literally this way. 

Coach:

"Josh move your feet in this way" 

Josh: "why? How will that help me be a more accurate thrower? 

How would that be bad? 

Archived