ILB Jon Bostic signed to 2 Yr Contract

VigilantZombie

My anti-Bouchette feelings are gaining Speed. He was asked what the signing of Bostic means for the draft and he said:

”It takes ILB out of the running for an early pick. Why draft there after you invested there in FA.”

I get Twitter killed journalism but he’s a joke of a beat reporter anymore. I really liked Gary Dulac but he’s so into his golf stuff his Steelers coverage has really dropped off. And Mark Madden is well....Mark Madden and is a POS. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

My anti-Bouchette feelings are gaining Speed. He was asked what the signing of Bostic means for the draft and he said:

”It takes ILB out of the running for an early pick. Why draft there after you invested there in FA.”

I get Twitter killed journalism but he’s a joke of a beat reporter anymore. I really liked Gary Dulac but he’s so into his golf stuff his Steelers coverage has really dropped off. And Mark Madden is well....Mark Madden and is a POS. 

Your not allowed to like a post more than once, so I just had to write you to tell you that I wanted to like this post 1000000 times. I liked it then unlike it, just to like it again. 

Im usually pretty lax on reporters - even guys that I know the majority hate like Rapaport...but most of those national dudes just need to gain clicks from either side - hate or love. I just feel like Bouchette is as far removed from the Steelers as possible, yet he covers them on the daily....

Also, his tuesday chats are awful. He never answers questions. I read them just to see how big of a jerk he is going to be to people that honestly want his opinion on things. 

Bostic is also not a guaranteed starter, albeit a likely one. Theres no way they pass on Evans if he is there unless someone more valuable fell imo. All Bostic does is make it acceptable to pass on ILB in the first round if they value another position player more because they have at least addressed the position.

They're gonna sign a WR (slater) potentially, that won't take WR off the board. 

They may sign a safety and unless it's one of the "big name" guys I don't think that takes safety off the board either.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bostic is also not a guaranteed starter, albeit a likely one. Theres no way they pass on Evans if he is there unless someone more valuable fell imo. All Bostic does is make it acceptable to pass on ILB in the first round if they value another position player more because they have at least addressed the position.

They're gonna sign a WR (slater) potentially, that won't take WR off the board. 

They may sign a safety and unless it's one of the "big name" guys I don't think that takes safety off the board either.

That's how I see it as well.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:34 AM, JLambert58 said:

I liked Bostic coming out of college.  Hope he can be a quality starter.

This might spell the end of the Timmons reunion.

I did as well.  I was really hoping we took him in the 3rd Rd that year, but the Bears 'over'-drafted him, in my opinion, and took him in the 2nd.

I really like this signing for us--as well as the Burnett signing--two smart moves for minimal cost.  These are typical Steelers FA signings; let's hope they perform!

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

I did as well.  I was really hoping we took him in the 3rd Rd that year, but the Bears 'over'-drafted him, in my opinion, and took him in the 2nd.

I really like this signing for us--as well as the Burnett signing--two smart moves for minimal cost.  These are typical Steelers FA signings; let's hope they perform!

Yeah, after sweating it out for a few days, Colbert and Co. came through.  Really like the two signings, just hope these guys can stay healthy.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, Dcash4 said:

Also, his tuesday chats are awful. He never answers questions. I read them just to see how big of a jerk he is going to be to people that honestly want his opinion on things. 

To be fair, I wouldn't be kind to people who actually wasted time asking Bouchette questions, either.

Archived