Draft Discussion Thread

El Ramster

1 hour ago, Flatlyner said:

I don't agree on Mayfield, though I do think Josh Allen has bust written all over him.

I think we should all have gotten over labeling any of these guys busts before they are drafted. If you cant look at the guys in the past decade and realize most of them would have been somewhat successful if they were put into the right situation (scheme fit, given time to sit, actual weapons/line around them) then you should re-evaluate your draftnik status.

Ofcourse some of them just got overhyped and drafted way too early by anxious owners who wanted a better product quicker and scared GM/Coaches trying to save their jobs. 

When I look at the handful off 1st Round talent, I can see easy paths that they all flourish in the league for years. But there are also plenty of scenarios that they flame out and are ruined before they can get into a good enough situation.

If Josh Allen ends up in Buffao, with a team committed to running the bal and just needs an early Roethlisberger type to take care of the ball and thow a bomb every once in a while to keep them honest, He could thrive as he keeps learning for the next 3 years.

I have been looking around at some of the "out of the box" options if they were to fall to us at #23.

My current internal discussion has been around Calvin Ridley. After a disappointing Combine, many are projecting him to drop 10+ spots. (and he was already a tentative Top 10 pick as is). I am not sure I believe it, but if that were to happen, I would have to look LONG and HARD at adding him to this Offense.

I know everything has pointed to this being a Defensive focused Offseason, but the Offense needs to be also continuously upgraded. I have been one of the biggest proponents of Josh Reynolds around here, but Ridley is just a darn good football player

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I have been looking around at some of the "out of the box" options if they were to fall to us at #23.

My current internal discussion has been around Calvin Ridley. After a disappointing Combine, many are projecting him to drop 10+ spots. (and he was already a tentative Top 10 pick as is). I am not sure I believe it, but if that were to happen, I would have to look LONG and HARD at adding him to this Offense.

I know everything has pointed to this being a Defensive focused Offseason, but the Offense needs to be also continuously upgraded. I have been one of the biggest proponents of Josh Reynolds around here, but Ridley is just a darn good football player

I didn't think we had a chance of being able to come close to picking Ridley...now it could very well be a possibility....If he's anywhere near us when it come time we should get him! Especially if we sign Suh

7 hours ago, El ramster said:

Am i crazy.. But i feel like Baker Mayfield is a certified bust.. I don't love him at all.. He's a terrible prospect. 

He will bust and bust hard/

I think Mayfield will be good....I think this a repeat of the 83 draft, in all honesty.  I think Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson will all be franchise QB's in this league...I really do.

Ridley is an interesting topic.  Never thought he'd get close to us, and, honestly, I don't think he will be there at 23, but he is intriguing.  I think there is little chance Dallas passes on him honestly, if he were to fall to 19.  That said, if Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne, Landry are off the board, I'm thinking hard at trading down or taking Vander Esch or Evans.   We have some glaring holes on D that have thus far not been filled in FA.

Can anyone explain to me why Ridley's combine was so disappointing. I didn't get to see it, but it's all I hear draft experts talk about when discussing him now. Did he really look that bad to where it starts taking away from what he did in college?

I know the other numbers were below average, but people are acting like him running a 4.43 is ridiculously slow.

17 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think we should all have gotten over labeling any of these guys busts before they are drafted. If you cant look at the guys in the past decade and realize most of them would have been somewhat successful if they were put into the right situation (scheme fit, given time to sit, actual weapons/line around them) then you should re-evaluate your draftnik status.

Looking at most of the guys who didn't pan out, I don't think they pan out on 95% of teams (Gabbert, Manziel, Weeden, Locker, Russell, Sanchez, Leinart, etc.).

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Can anyone explain to me why Ridley's combine was so disappointing. I didn't get to see it, but it's all I hear draft experts talk about when discussing him now. Did he really look that bad to where it starts taking away from what he did in college?

I know the other numbers were below average, but people are acting like him running a 4.43 is ridiculously slow.

It was only disappointing if you had a misconception of whom Ridley is imo.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, El ramster said:

Am i crazy.. But i feel like Baker Mayfield is a certified bust.. I don't love him at all.. He's a terrible prospect. 

He will bust and bust hard/

Funny. I think he's the best QB to come out since Luck. Isn't football fun?

On 3/19/2018 at 7:53 PM, Flatlyner said:

Ridley is an interesting topic.  Never thought he'd get close to us, and, honestly, I don't think he will be there at 23, but he is intriguing.  I think there is little chance Dallas passes on him honestly, if he were to fall to 19.  That said, if Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne, Landry are off the board, I'm thinking hard at trading down or taking Vander Esch or Evans.   We have some glaring holes on D that have thus far not been filled in FA.

Not that I'd want him anyways, but that dude is destined to be a Raven.

Archived