Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I'm hearing Obi is been tried at CB if this is true, this is exactly why our young guy's don't develop this staff is constantly taking guy's out of their natural position. when he should be playing and developing at Safety.

They said that he may play "some" corner. He played corner and safety in college and has plus coverage skills. They drafted him to play safety and cover man to man in matchups. He is doing what is expected. But respect the effort to slant everything back to the coaches.

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I assume the Raiders will have a big week this week. Why? Because I had free tickets to the game and decided not to waste my time going lol. 

Last time this happened was Gruden's last game in Tampa when Jamarcus had a career day 

I remember Micheal Bush had that career day. Wasn’t the Russell truthers go to game that 10/11 game against Denver 

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

They said that he may play "some" corner. He played corner and safety in college and has plus coverage skills. They drafted him to play safety and cover man to man in matchups. He is doing what is expected. But respect the effort to slant everything back to the coaches.

These coaches make lots of bad moves, and playing man to man against TE's in not even the same as cover NFL WR's., but I like how you cleverly omitted that.

42 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

These coaches make lots of bad moves, and playing man to man against TE's in not even the same as cover NFL WR's., but I like how you cleverly omitted that.

Wow. Playing man to man is playing man to man. The position is meaningless. The size, attributes and talent of the player you are covering is what makes it unique. He played corner in college on the boundary vs WRs at times. Of course, there are matches up that wouldn't be the best for a long guy like him but he has elite speed, agility and length that lets him match up vs a broad range of skill players. Plus, this was all brought up because it was mentioned that we'd be short Amerson, Conley and McCray and they said he COULD play some corner. It's was obviously a need statement, not that they expect him to be there permanently and that he'll be man to man on an island vs small slot wrs.

In his own words, he is a safety but he CAN play corner, nickel, in the box, anything!

It's strictly putting him there because we have 3 healthy corners and one is S.Smith. It's him or Mcgill, Luani or Harris. He is the best option. But once again, nice try to put this on the coaches.

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I assume the Raiders will have a big week this week. Why? Because I had free tickets to the game and decided not to waste my time going lol. 

Last time this happened was Gruden's last game in Tampa when Jamarcus had a career day 

Let's talk about sending those tickets my way?

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Let's talk about sending those tickets my way?

Was able to sell them. Truthfully, I wasn't able to go because of a schedule conflict or I'd have gone. Heard the remodel at Hard Rock is well done. Was excited to check it out and see the team play.

18 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Wow. Playing man to man is playing man to man. The position is meaningless. The size, attributes and talent of the player you are covering is what makes it unique. He played corner in college on the boundary vs WRs at times. Of course, there are matches up that wouldn't be the best for a long guy like him but he has elite speed, agility and length that lets him match up vs a broad range of skill players. Plus, this was all brought up because it was mentioned that we'd be short Amerson, Conley and McCray and they said he COULD play some corner. It's was obviously a need statement, not that they expect him to be there permanently and that he'll be man to man on an island vs small slot wrs.

In his own words, he is a safety but he CAN play corner, nickel, in the box, anything!

It's strictly putting him there because we have 3 healthy corners and one is S.Smith. It's him or Mcgill, Luani or Harris. He is the best option. But once again, nice try to put this on the coaches.

First off I don't need you to tell me anything about Obi's skillset, I had us taking him in the first round that's how high I am on him, but I don't want this staff ruining him. "Some" better be exactly that. This staff has been hell bent on trying to find a Richard Sherman type CB and Obi is not that. Frankly it's why McGill hasn't developed. 

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

First off I don't need you to tell me anything about Obi's skillset, I had us taking him in the first round that's how high I am on him, but I don't want this staff ruining him. "Some" better be exactly that. This staff has been hell bent on trying to find a Richard Sherman type CB and Obi is not that. Frankly it's why McGill hasn't developed. 

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. Who cares what you had us doing in the draft. Just because you like him doesn't mean you know whats best for him or what the staffs intentions are or how he should best be used. How they said they wanted to use him is exactly how Obi played and excelled in college.

And I dont care what you think you know. I care what you say especially if it's dead wrong like blaming this staff for Mcgill not being a decent player haha. Just too easy sometimes. It was Allens staff that put McGill at corner in the first place and he had his shot there and didn't develop. This staff (well, part of it since Robertson got canned), are the ones that had him gain weight and moved him to safety which is directly opposed to your assumption that they were forcing the Sherman role on him.

44 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. Who cares what you had us doing in the draft. Just because you like him doesn't mean you know whats best for him or what the staffs intentions are or how he should best be used. How they said they wanted to use him is exactly how Obi played and excelled in college.

And I dont care what you think you know. I care what you say especially if it's dead wrong like blaming this staff for Mcgill not being a decent player haha. Just too easy sometimes. It was Allens staff that put McGill at corner in the first place and he had his shot there and didn't develop. This staff (well, part of it since Robertson got canned), are the ones that had him gain weight and moved him to safety which is directly opposed to your assumption that they were forcing the Sherman role on him.

You don't know squat, this staff had McGill starting at CB, when he supposedly beat out DJ. Hayden. They can't make up there damn minds.

35 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You don't know squat, this staff had McGill starting at CB, when he supposedly beat out DJ. Hayden. They can't make up there damn minds.

They did in 2015 when they first got came to the Raiders because that was where he was playing for the previous coaches. He played well in camp and preseason and couldn't hack it in games. Then the next year they moved him to S. You're hopeless...

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Just read that Gary Kubiak is willing to come back to the league as an OC. He be a candidate IF Downing is moved or they bringing an adviser like Pagano. I don't know a ton about his offense, just that he had success and a ton of experience.

Nooooooo thank you.  We don't have ZBS running backs (aside from Lynch) and our line isn't built for a ZBS. Carr would probably do well with roll outs though and our WRs are good at YAC.

Archived