Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This is really bad if it's true

Here is the exact quote from the article.

Worse than the Raiders losing their top two drafts picks to injuries was the impression that cornerback Gareon Conley and Obi Melifonwu made on teammates.

“I am not sure if anyone here knows if they really want it,” one player said.

Raidersbeat.com doing it's usual pot stirring on the story to get clicks. 

Regarding Lynch in the article:

Running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the anthem every week, though he never said why. Del Rio didn’t fight him on this, and he didn’t fight Lynch on much at training camp or practice, and the two sets of rules were something a lot of players rolled their eyes at.

The coaching staff was hoping left tackle Donald Penn, a friend of Lynch’s, would help him get adjusted at training camp, but Penn held out in a contract dispute. Lynch participated in practice every day, but he made sure to walk over and chat up his personal video team during sessions.

Lynch also had a good time making fun of Carr, who enjoyed the interaction though perhaps wondered if it down cut a tiny bit on his respect in the locker room.

“There were a lot of distractions at camp, but everyone just figured it would work itself out,” a player said. “Then the Washington game happened, and we lost our confidence.”

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hence JDR was shown the door. You can't have all these distractions/disappointments in one locker room and expect to succeed. Gruden would/should bring some much needed accountability and man the room up.

This.  Hopefully he's up to snuff schematically too.

7 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

This.  Hopefully he's up to snuff schematically too.

Listen to this quick interview with Gruden did 2 months ago. Sounds like he is still immersed in the modern game. I'm not worried about that part at all. Another thing I loved about something he said was at 3:12 when he is talking about Sean McVay and how he succeeded so quickly after taking over the Rams. Hired a good coaching staff was the #1 thing he pointed to. That is comforting.

6 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I figured. I don't like the editorializing in this line:

Lynch also had a good time making fun of Carr, who enjoyed the interaction though perhaps wondered if it down cut a tiny bit on his respect in the locker room.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I figured. I don't like the editorializing in this line:

Right? It seems like heavy speculation. With Derek in the locker room, its tough to see multiple cancerous players without some kind of earlier blowback. For what it's worth, I think Lynch and Crabs are back next year.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Listen to this quick interview with Gruden did 2 months ago. Sounds like he is still immersed in the modern game. I'm not worried about that part at all. Another thing I loved about something he said was at 3:12 when he is talking about Sean McVay and how he succeeded so quickly after taking over the Rams. Hired a good coaching staff was the #1 thing he pointed to. That is comforting.

Thanks for posting.  He should, in theory, be able to assemble a staff of guys he wants with his reputation around the league.  Like I said, the Xs and Os are the biggest box I hope is checked.  He should be able to lay down the law in our locker room with the respect he garners and his tough guy approach.  We need better discipline for sure.  

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Nice post. Maybe I am biased because he is linked to the Raiders now, but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Jon speak here and he just sounds like one hell of a football mind. You can just tell he has an intense personality and is extremely knowledgable. 

Oakland Raiders broadcaster Greg Papa explained on his radio show Tuesday that the coaches ripped the quarterback during a team meeting after Week 14.

"This coaching staff turned on Derek Carr as well," Papa said, via Karl Buscheck of 95.7 The Game. "After the Kansas City game they called him out in front of a whole team meeting. It wasn’t just the offense or the quarterbacks, [or] a segment of the team. It was the whole team. And they ripped him in front of everybody and Derek’s a prideful guy."

Granted, that's BleacherReport,  but wow.  You don't castrate your QB in front of the whole team.  Could just be blown out of proportion but could explain some stuff as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752144-raiders-coaching-staff-reportedly-turned-on-derek-carr-during-loss-vs-chiefs

Archived