Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

9 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Those are plays that I've seen Wentz make time after time.  A big reason his team leads the league in 3rd down conversions.

It's hard to fault Kirk for Wentz being better. He's bigger, stronger and faster. He's also the second overall pick in the draft where Kirk was a fourth rounder. Wentz is a heck of a player but it's not like Kirk is far behind him. Kirks a top 10 QB and you can't ask for much more than that. 

I will say that the WRs need to be more aware when a blitz is coming.  I'm not sure if that's more on Gruden for not anticipating that pressure and switching to a different play-call, Kirk for not seeing it and audibling to quicker routes, or the WRs for not recognizing the blitz and running quicker routes.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I will say that the WRs need to be more aware when a blitz is coming.  I'm not sure if that's more on Gruden for not anticipating that pressure and switching to a different play-call, Kirk for not seeing it and audibling to quicker routes, or the WRs for not recognizing the blitz and running quicker routes.

Yep yep. There’s bunch of clips out there showing both the WRs not realizing situations and Kirk also missed some stuff. It’s frustrating to watch some of it to be honest. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cousins grade by Cooley vs Saints:

• Obviously we all know the stat like; 22/32, 69%, 322 yds, and 3 TDs 

Question is, how well did he actually play?

Cooley pointed out there were 4 passes which should be considered drop. 1 by doctson which would have been a TD, Doctson has another attempt where he appeared to quit on a route which was his only target of the 2nd half - coincidence maybe, maybe not - Crowder dropped one, Davis dropped 2 (including a 2nd and 6 at the end of the game which would have moved the sticks, great throw with a hand in his face by Kirk) and Perine dropped one at the end which also could have moved the sticks before the game went to overtime.

So, realistically If there were no drops Cousins could have been 24/32 for 400 yards and 4 TDs. Not too shabby!

He obviously missed some stuff as well as Cooley went over and made some questionable decisions with the intention groundings which I still say neither should have been called especially considering the first one Kirk was hit as he threw it and the second one it was miscommunication because Crowder was supposed to run a bubble screen, he didn’t and it made Kirk looks like he was throwing to no one but in actuality he just had a wr think it was a run play and not run his route correctly.

GRADE: 94! Solid A!

Highest grade Cooley has ever given for a player.

Yeah, and to think that the apology for a botched call after the game is going to do anything. It’s just a CYA thing for the press to not go ballistic over the call. 

It’s a stupid penalty that I think should be reviewable. The refs confer prior to throwing the flag, so why not take a better look at it from the sidelines. 

Stupid. 

I'm starting to lean more towards paying him. I know it's going to be an outrageous amount of money and while I'm not 100% sold on him being worth it, I just don't want to see another unnecessary hole created on this roster. 

You get another LG, possibly a center and another receiver. You already may have your franchise back in Perine so that should take some pressure off of Kirk. The offense is almost set so maybe draft another back later to rotate with Perine and Thompson...Kerryon Johnson!!!!

As far as receiver goes, I want the team to aggressively pursue Jarvis Landry. I'm not sure what his contract situation is but I'd consider offering a second round pick for him. It's a high price but it's not like we've been hitting our second round picks out of the park lately. Landry paired with Doctson and Crowder would be killer. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I'm starting to lean more towards paying him. I know it's going to be an outrageous amount of money and while I'm not 100% sold on him being worth it, I just don't want to see another unnecessary hole created on this roster. 

You get another LG, possibly a center and another receiver. You already may have your franchise back in Perine so that should take some pressure off of Kirk. The offense is almost set so maybe draft another back later to rotate with Perine and Thompson...Kerryon Johnson!!!!

As far as receiver goes, I want the team to aggressively pursue Jarvis Landry. I'm not sure what his contract situation is but I'd consider offering a second round pick for him. It's a high price but it's not like we've been hitting our second round picks out of the park lately. Landry paired with Doctson and Crowder would be killer. 

I agree with the first two paragraphs of your post wholeheartedly and am glad to see it except for trading high picks for a player. Landry would cost us a pretty high pick. He’s a free agent after next season, we can just wait until 2018 when he’s a free agent to sign him if we want him.

Im not sure why you’ve gone into this mode of being ok with trading draft picks away for vets this season, but that’s certainly not somewhere I think this franchise should start going again. We did it too much last decade and in the Shanahan era as well and almost every time we got burned.

we need to build through through the draft, re-sign our own and sign good free agents to fill our holes.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with the first two paragraphs of your post wholeheartedly and am glad to see it except for trading high picks for a player. Landry would cost us a pretty high pick. He’s a free agent after next season, we can just wait until 2018 when he’s a free agent to sign him if we want him.

Im not sure why you’ve gone into this mode of being ok with trading draft picks away for vets this season, but that’s certainly not somewhere I think this franchise should start going again. We did it too much last decade and in the Shanahan era as well and almost every time we got burned.

we need to build through through the draft, re-sign our own and sign good free agents to fill our holes.

Landry is a free agent after the season. I think we need to find a deep threat wr in either the draft or Free Agency. I know Pryor didn't work out but I wouldn't hate the idea of giving Martavis Bryant a 1 year prove it deal. There are some other long term options Davante Adams(not going anywhere) Sammy Watkins(don't think I would be comfortable paying for him) John Brown(just as injury prone as Reed) Jaron Brown(Most realistic option)

I would be fine with Having Doctson-Crowder-Bryant/Brown-Grant-Harris being our receiving corps. I would rather spend our money elsewhere. I think Kirk has shown his production with really good weapons isn't that much different than with solid weapons we have had this year.

5 hours ago, rizzy said:

Landry is a free agent after the season. I think we need to find a deep threat wr in either the draft or Free Agency. I know Pryor didn't work out but I wouldn't hate the idea of giving Martavis Bryant a 1 year prove it deal. There are some other long term options Davante Adams(not going anywhere) Sammy Watkins(don't think I would be comfortable paying for him) John Brown(just as injury prone as Reed) Jaron Brown(Most realistic option)

I would be fine with Having Doctson-Crowder-Bryant/Brown-Grant-Harris being our receiving corps. I would rather spend our money elsewhere. I think Kirk has shown his production with really good weapons isn't that much different than with solid weapons we have had this year.

And that is what makes a franchise QB in this league. No Reed, no Crowder for a while, no offensive line, defense is suspect, no running game til as of late, Doctson has been spotty, Davis is game to game, the list goes on and on. Cousins is a damn good QB and I am sick of hearing how many people just want to get rid of him cause of his contract number. 

If, the Redskins use the Franchise tag on him, he will account for nearl 18% of the entire cap. We will still have money to sign good players as well as draft ones. This draft in particular is highly deep with CB's, LB's and DT's. There are also an abundance of WR's that are playmakers that will be extremely cheap. There are options. And as much as many people say getting rid of home grown talent can be a bad thing, so is not being on the field. If you can't stay on the field, then its time for you to step off of it. (Jordan Reed)

Archived