Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121399/next-uneasy-marriage-kirk-cousins-redskins-nfl

MUST READ.

I was going to add a bunch of quotes but there's so much here, its hard to pick and chose. It's a long article but it sheds a lot of light that, while we already kind of knew, cements what we've thought. Here is one quote I saw on twitter that led me to the whole article:

"If he does have a weakness, it's that he's too much of a perfectionist," Gruden says. "He wants everything to be perfect. Unfortunately, I can't get guys 30 f---ing yards open all the time. There are going to be some tight-window throws he's going to have to throw some days. I'll call some of these in practice, and if it doesn't look exactly the way I drew it up, he'll [say], 'I don't know if I like that. I can't call it in a game.' I'm like, 'Bud, c'mon.'"

Cousins chuckled when told of Gruden's comments. "If I played the way Jay is suggesting," he says, "I'd throw 20 interceptions a year, and I wouldn't last. I know my limitations."

Wow, that quote explains a lot.  The WRs we have, other than Crowder aren't going to consistently win by getting separation.  That's just not who they are.  They do it by winning on those tight window throws.  Kirk's gotta get that through his overly inflated head.

41 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121399/next-uneasy-marriage-kirk-cousins-redskins-nfl

MUST READ.

I was going to add a bunch of quotes but there's so much here, its hard to pick and chose. It's a long article but it sheds a lot of light that, while we already kind of knew, cements what we've thought. Here is one quote I saw on twitter that led me to the whole article:

"If he does have a weakness, it's that he's too much of a perfectionist," Gruden says. "He wants everything to be perfect. Unfortunately, I can't get guys 30 f---ing yards open all the time. There are going to be some tight-window throws he's going to have to throw some days. I'll call some of these in practice, and if it doesn't look exactly the way I drew it up, he'll [say], 'I don't know if I like that. I can't call it in a game.' I'm like, 'Bud, c'mon.'"

Cousins chuckled when told of Gruden's comments. "If I played the way Jay is suggesting," he says, "I'd throw 20 interceptions a year, and I wouldn't last. I know my limitations."

It’s not about throwing 20 bits it’s about putting balls in the back corner instead of the front when Josh is wide open on the first drive!!! Or it’s throwing back shoulder when the DB has position over the top instead of throwing a fade the WR clearly isn’t getting too. Like he’s too timid too take the next step!!! That’s why when you see him ripping it he looks like a top 3 QB!!! And when you see him just doing his last night thing you have a 300 plus yard 3 TD game that realistically on QB skills he probably had about 80 yards passing on NFL type throws. Thompson is bailing him out because Kirk refuses to let his pass catchers try and make a play. Last year he threw many balls to Jax and Pierre that were bad passes and some were picked more almost were and they never fought for the ball. These guys are box you out pass catchers it going to be close windows. Rivers has made a career of letting y’all guys go get it!!! We can say they aren’t getting seperation but the truth is QB’s throw WR’s open based on their strengths they show in practice. I’ve seen Doctson and Grant open a lot he doesn’t even throw it. He wants good numbers so he can get paid that’s fine take that somewhere else because the numbers this organization need are in the win colum not his stat line!!! QB’s have had games with multiple TO’s and won. It’s called a short memory and Kirk would be best suited playing with no memory!!!! He only rips it when the chips are down and that’s because he’s tired of hearing he can’t so he stops worrying and just does. He controls his fate here and the last 2 games I can’t say Kirk’s production on field as far as impact and making plays matched his stat line. Which has been my biggest issue with him I know he can manage his way to 300 yard playing checkdown king!!! Can he throw the damn ball 7 yards to a spot his guy could maybe make a play on a big 3rd and 6 Idk because if it’s not Reed he doesn’t!! Reed is great but he’s not the only guy who can make tough catches. But you have to put the ball in a spot to have a chance and Kirk simply isn’t.

I had no problem with Kirk throwing the ball away at the end of the game last night. We were down two scores so even if he chucked a Hail Mary, it was meaningless. But it’s interesting to see a former player who still seems to have ties to the team say stuff like this. Just another dynamic to the whole thing. 

13 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Wow, that quote explains a lot.  The WRs we have, other than Crowder aren't going to consistently win by getting separation.  That's just not who they are.  They do it by winning on those tight window throws.  Kirk's gotta get that through his overly inflated head.

That’s what I’ve said for the last 4 weeks!!!!! But all I hear is they aren’t open!!!! So Josh isn’t open with a guy 4” shorter who can’t go get anything? No he’s open and a PI is just as good as a catch!!! Kirk doesn’t take advantage of anything!! Defense jumps free play he just checks down!!!! Take a shot!!! Hate on the coaches but Kirk has taken 2 chances since the first game and both almost paid off huge!!! Kirk is the leader and he isn’t leading say what you want but there are a bunch of QB’s in this league who would have this team sitting at 5-1 with these WR’s having a much higher impact and that is the truth!!!

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

MUST READ.

Players didn't initially dislike Griffin, Moss says. He was making dynamic plays and selling tickets. But over time, it was infuriating that he couldn't make even the most basic reads. Receivers eventually resorted to telling Griffin in the huddle who was going to come open on certain playcalls. Griffin would still freeze after the snap and miss guys running wide open. "The one thing I like about film, it doesn't lie," Moss says. "The guys in practice know. The guys in games know. They see you busting your butt. With Robert, stuff just wasn't adding up. Then Kirk gets in later in the year, and it's crazy. Suddenly the guys who are open are getting the ball."

LOL!

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s what I’ve said for the last 4 weeks!!!!! But all I hear is they aren’t open!!!! So Josh isn’t open with a guy 4” shorter who can’t go get anything? No he’s open and a PI is just as good as a catch!!! Kirk doesn’t take advantage of anything!! Defense jumps free play he just checks down!!!! Take a shot!!! Hate on the coaches but Kirk has taken 2 chances since the first game and both almost paid off huge!!! Kirk is the leader and he isn’t leading say what you want but there are a bunch of QB’s in this league who would have this team sitting at 5-1 with these WR’s having a much higher impact and that is the truth!!!

I honestly think Cousins cares more about his stats (completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, Passer Rating, etc.) than he does about winning games.  He knows this offseason has the potential to set up his kids and grandkids and more, for life.  That's also why I think you rarely see him try to extend plays and risk injury.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yes. We’ve been saying this for a while. Kirk has to get over the fear of making mistakes. Sometimes you just have to go for it like he did in the Oak and KC games when he went deep to Doc & Pryor and when he threw that ball to Doc for what should have been the game winner vs KC.

51 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I honestly think Cousins cares more about his stats (completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, Passer Rating, etc.) than he does about winning games.  He knows this offseason has the potential to set up his kids and grandkids and more, for life.  That's also why I think you rarely see him try to extend plays and risk injury.

No way that’s true. Kirk wants to win, if the wins and goes to the playoffs and wins a game then he’ll get paid more by us or someone else than if he just has good stats again. Teams want winners, NOT empty stat stuffers!

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No way that’s true. Kirk wants to win, if the wins and goes to the playoffs and wins a game then he’ll get paid more by us or someone else than if he just has good stats again. Teams want winners, NOT empty stat stuffers!

If he wanted to win at all costs, he would be much more willing to scramble on 3rd and short when no one's open.  That's what killed multiple drives last night.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

If he wanted to win at all costs, he would be much more willing to scramble on 3rd and short when no one's open.  That's what killed multiple drives last night.

He has done that some this year. He’s even dove head first and taken shots on his shoulder.

Some of the zero blitzes he didn’t have the opportunity to get out and scramble but he did miss some things.

Archived