New football league, the AAF, debuts next year

navysaintsfan

4 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

That has worked so well for boats xD I can already see them now! The New York City Teamey McTeamfaces with Harambe on the side of the helmet.

Ideally there would be a predetermined list of 5 to 10 names to pick from. Then us voters vote amongst those 5 to 10 teams. Then once a winner is determined, 5 to 10 local artists design a logo for the winning team name,  and we vote on that.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Ideally there would be a predetermined list of 5 to 10 names to pick from. Then us voters vote amongst those 5 to 10 teams. Then once a winner is determined, 5 to 10 local artists design a logo for the winning team name,  and we vote on that.

I know, you are just smashing my joke to pieces.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Sounds like we'll be making a thread in 1 year's time about this league folding.

There just aren't enough players laying around to make this league interesting and fun. Sadly, the NFL will never have any real competition.

This isn't aimed at being a competitor to the NFL though. Did you look at the article?

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

no

lol, well. It is aimed at being more of a developmental league that could be a feeder system to the NFL it seems. WOuld be interesting to see the possibility of NFL teems maybe even sending UDFA rookies and project QBs to this league to develop some more skills. In a perfect world, it could be like MLB's minor leagues. But we will have to see how it all shakes out.

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Anything to get more football I guess, though I still prefer the NFL working out a deal with the CFL and using them as a training league more or less.

So you want the CFL to abandon its fairly different rule system to become a training league? Man, I would never want that to happen. The CFL is unique and has as much historical tradition as any sports league in the world. I'd hate to see that lost. 

As for this league, I am open to all kinds of wrinkles as far as rules go but removing kickoffs from football is a deal breaker for me, no matter how boring kickoffs are any league without it that has people over the age of 12 playing in the games is a league I probably won't watch. 

4 minutes ago, youngosu said:

So you want the CFL to abandon its fairly different rule system to become a training league? Man, I would never want that to happen. The CFL is unique and has as much historical tradition as any sports league in the world. I'd hate to see that lost. 

As for this league, I am open to all kinds of wrinkles as far as rules go but removing kickoffs from football is a deal breaker for me, no matter how boring kickoffs are any league without it that has people over the age of 12 playing in the games is a league I probably won't watch. 

The CFL would continue as is but basically NFL players would you know, develop and play for them instead of rotting on practice squads and the bench but it'd be year to year for certain players. More of an arrangement than the NFL buying the CFL to use it as a training league than anything else.

5 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

The CFL would continue as is but basically NFL players would you know, develop and play for them instead of rotting on practice squads and the bench but it'd be year to year for certain players. More of an arrangement than the NFL buying the CFL to use it as a training league than anything else.

Okay, I still do not see how that works without changing the rules of the CFL. 

I'd still prefer the CFL keep its independence. And I doubt many CFL fans would have any interest in such an agreement. 

I think that if the NFL wants a training league they should just create one. 

Archived