Suh Watch

titans0021

What drama though? What rush? 

I guess I just dont understand why everyone's so upset.

Companies usually allow themselves months of negotiations once a single vendor has been selected in an RFP process. And we're talking about 10-20M 10-year TCO.  Suh and these teams are talking about 20M+ in year one money.

The Titans aren't missing out on anyone during this process. If they want Hankins, they can go get Hankins. Neither the Titans nor the Rams are being strung along... Either or both can retract at any point... Nothings been signed. But again, what's the rush... other than keeping a few of us inpatient fans from losing their Cheetos?

Personally I like what Suh's camp is doing... Its no different than any of us should do if we're ever in the same position.

If he ends up signing with Rams good for him and them... If he signs with us, good for him and them us. He makes them and us better. 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I guess I just dont understand why everyone's so upset.

Companies usually allow themselves months of negotiations once a single vendor has been selected in an RFP process. And we're talking about 10-20M 10-year TCO.  Suh and these teams are talking about 20M+ in year one money.

The Titans aren't missing out on anyone during this process. If they want Hankins, they can go get Hankins. Neither the Titans nor the Rams are being strung along... Either or both can retract at any point... Nothings been signed. But again, what's the rush... other than keeping a few of us inpatient fans from losing their Cheetos?

Personally I like what Suh's camp is doing... Its no different than any of us should do if we're ever in the same position.

If he ends up signing with Rams good for him and them... If he signs with us, good for him and them us. He makes them and us better. 

That's pretty much the only reason anyone is upset. Fans are just being impatient. As long as he makes his decision before the draft, so that we can adjust our strategy accordingly I have no problem with him taking his time. It's not like FAs are still flying off the board. The entire market is pretty much at a stand still for the most part right now.

Lol, its almost as if this article was serendipitously dropped into my lap... Going back about Mariota not being anywhere near where his stats may lead one to. He's essentially backing up what I wrote earlier about Mariota being extremely unlucky last year...

http://presnapreads.com/2018/03/25/quarterback-tiers-and-rankings-based-exclusively-on-the-2017-season/

The author states his rankings are based strictly on 2017, and has pretty in depth analysis for his rankings. His top 5 were:

Tier 1... Brady, Ryan, Brees, Rodgers... In that order...then Dak as the 5th on his list (and first in the 2nd tier)... Then came...

6. Marcus Mariota – Tier 2.

Did you know? 59.7 percent of Marcus Mariota’s passes travelled further than five yards downfield last year, only three quarterbacks played in more aggressive offenses.

Quarterbacks who threw more interceptions than Marcus Mariota last season: 1.

Quarterbacks who threw more interceptable passes than Mariota last season: 26.

Mariota’s 2017 season was unlike any from recent times. He threw 16 interceptions but only 14 interceptable passes. How was that possible? An incredible 13 of his 14 interceptable passes were caught, 92.9 percent, the highest rate in the league by a large distance. On top of that, he had three interceptions that weren’t his fault, non-quarterback interceptions which aren’t included in the interceptable pass total.

Compare Mariota’s season to a quarterback close to the league average. An Andy Dalton for example. Dalton had 10 of his 32 interceptable passes caught. Russell Wilson had exactly the same numbers. Kirk Cousins threw 15 more interceptable passes than Mariota but had four fewer caught. If Mariota was as lucky as Derek Carr with with his turnovers last year, he’d have only thrown five all season long.

The Titans quarterback didn’t have an interception problem. He had a luck problem. He had a supporting cast problem and a coaching staff problem.

If you can look past the turnovers, which you should, you’ll find a quarterback who was phenomenally accurate. Mariota was the closest thing the league had to Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers and Brees tied each other, far ahead of everyone else in depth-adjusted accuracy. Mariota was comfortably third as one of only four quarterbacks above 60 percent.

He was surprisingly accurate on deep throws and the best underneath passer in football. He did that while playing in a scheme that didn’t fit his skill set with a supporting cast that couldn’t create separation or consistently catch the ball. When you adjust Mariota’s yards per attempt number to account for receivers dropping accurate passes and catching inaccurate passes, it goes from 7.1 to 7.8, the biggest jump in the league. That means Mariota’s receivers hurt his production more than any other quarterback.

26 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lol, its almost as if this article was serendipitously dropped into my lap... Going back about Mariota not being anywhere near where his stats may lead one to. He's essentially backing up what I wrote earlier about Mariota being extremely unlucky last year...

http://presnapreads.com/2018/03/25/quarterback-tiers-and-rankings-based-exclusively-on-the-2017-season/

The author states his rankings are based strictly on 2017, and has pretty in depth analysis for his rankings. His top 5 were:

Tier 1... Brady, Ryan, Brees, Rodgers... In that order...then Dak as the 5th on his list (and first in the 2nd tier)... Then came...

6. Marcus Mariota – Tier 2.

Did you know? 59.7 percent of Marcus Mariota’s passes travelled further than five yards downfield last year, only three quarterbacks played in more aggressive offenses.

Quarterbacks who threw more interceptions than Marcus Mariota last season: 1.

Quarterbacks who threw more interceptable passes than Mariota last season: 26.

Mariota’s 2017 season was unlike any from recent times. He threw 16 interceptions but only 14 interceptable passes. How was that possible? An incredible 13 of his 14 interceptable passes were caught, 92.9 percent, the highest rate in the league by a large distance. On top of that, he had three interceptions that weren’t his fault, non-quarterback interceptions which aren’t included in the interceptable pass total.

Compare Mariota’s season to a quarterback close to the league average. An Andy Dalton for example. Dalton had 10 of his 32 interceptable passes caught. Russell Wilson had exactly the same numbers. Kirk Cousins threw 15 more interceptable passes than Mariota but had four fewer caught. If Mariota was as lucky as Derek Carr with with his turnovers last year, he’d have only thrown five all season long.

The Titans quarterback didn’t have an interception problem. He had a luck problem. He had a supporting cast problem and a coaching staff problem.

If you can look past the turnovers, which you should, you’ll find a quarterback who was phenomenally accurate. Mariota was the closest thing the league had to Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers and Brees tied each other, far ahead of everyone else in depth-adjusted accuracy. Mariota was comfortably third as one of only four quarterbacks above 60 percent.

He was surprisingly accurate on deep throws and the best underneath passer in football. He did that while playing in a scheme that didn’t fit his skill set with a supporting cast that couldn’t create separation or consistently catch the ball. When you adjust Mariota’s yards per attempt number to account for receivers dropping accurate passes and catching inaccurate passes, it goes from 7.1 to 7.8, the biggest jump in the league. That means Mariota’s receivers hurt his production more than any other quarterback.

I was going to post this. I'll definitely admit that Marcus wasn't as bad as the stats look, but man, Fahey just loves him some Mariota. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Honestly, I was more referring to the FF drama around it than anything he's caused. He's taking his time and talking to teams, I can't fault him for it.

Yeah, you got to take anything Cian Fahey says/writes about Mariota with a grain of salt. I don't think Mariota can do any wrong in his eyes. He loves him some Marcus.

Having said that, I don't think he was nearly as bad as his stats showed last year. I look forward to him rebounding under LaFleur.

As for Suh, I wouldn't be surprise if a decision comes out within the next 24 hours.

It’s not the end of the world that he hasn’t agreed to a deal yet but for the Titans how big of a contract we sign him for probably dictates how much we spend on other guys. 

NT LB back up Safety and even WR to a degree are things we still need. The Titans will fill all those positions one way or another but for them to come out the gate quick with Butler and Lewis and then get slowed down by the Suh decisions sucks as a fan

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It’s not the end of the world that he hasn’t agreed to a deal yet but for the Titans how big of a contract we sign him for probably dictates how much we spend on other guys. 

NT LB back up Safety and even WR to a degree are things we still need. The Titans will fill all those positions one way or another but for them to come out the gate quick with Butler and Lewis and then get slowed down by the Suh decisions sucks as a fan

If we sign Suh though he can play NT or 5tech ? d***m I want him 2 birds with 1stone 

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Suh almost certainly plays DE/5-tech/4-tech/etc I would think. Sticking him at nose would almost feel like a waste.

Yeah, I can't picture a scenario where we're sticking Suh at nose and playing Jones at the end. Think it would almost have to be Suh-Jones-Casey.

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Suh almost certainly plays DE/5-tech/4-tech/etc I would think. Sticking him at nose would almost feel like a waste.

??‍♂️??‍♂️ Must I keep explaining this we run a 3-4 hybrid basically a 4-3 under it has 4-3 principles you don’t need a true NT in this defense Suh next to Cassey makes a defense decides who we’re doubling

4-3-Overunder.jpg

That’s why Wade Phillips want Suh to put him at NT right next to Aaron Donald to create Havoc. Again go look up Jay Ratlif when he played NT in Wade Philips system in Dallas he was the same size as Suh & was a prowbowler. That’s why Robinson cut Williams, he didn’t fit our system & we we were over paying for a NT that couldn’t do nothing but stop the run. In that system a NT can dominate especially in passing downs inside. Run downs we can put Suh at 5 tech & Jones at NT passing downs kick Suh inside, or we really can leave jones at 5 tech & Suh at NT depending on matchups, like if we’re playing a team that struggles running the ball & have Bad interior play 

45 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If JRob wanted to...We have enough money to sign all of those... Even if we were looking for top notch options at those positions. You're wrong thinking were stuck holding our Richards waiting on Suh. 

Name one FA that we've "missed" out on while we wait for Suh...

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

If JRob wanted to...We have enough money to sign all of those... Even if we were looking for top notch options at those positions. You're wrong thinking were stuck holding our Richards waiting on Suh. 

Name one FA that we've "missed" out on while we wait for Suh...

I’m not saying we missed out on anyone. If Suh signs with LA now the Titans will have to attempt to get in on Hankins who already had 2 visits with other teams and could sign right after Suh signs so now you miss out on 2 guys with nothing else really good on the market 

Archived