Valhalla Fantasy Football, Season 3

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Sorry @Vikes_Bolts1228, I gave your spot to @gopherwrestler since I haven't heard from you and the draft is in 2 days. It sounds like some people might be interested in sharing a team if you still want to get involved though.

Well that's dumb....I never got a PM or anything with details and the league stuff. That tag notification crap doesn't work for me so I didn't know what you were looking for.

Whatever.

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

@Heimdallr

Question about the roster sizes/limits.

Do you realize that with the limits you've put in place, every team will have to draft and own either two kickers or two defenses minimum? Is that really what we want?

I think everyone will need to draft both a backup defense and backup kicker.  Is that a bad thing?

I could raise the limits if people want. My thought was just to avoid keeping lots of players locked up on everyone's bench. Another option is to raise the position limits but shorten the bench.

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I'm personally just not in favor of position limits.  Ultimately you're still limited on who you can start, and if you want to hoard 5 QBs that's your prerogative and you'll likely be the one to pay the price.

I tend to agree. Shortening the bench would make more sense, especially in a 14-team league.

I'd recommend QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, DST, K (same as is) and then only 4 or 5 bench players instead of 7. That's another 28-42 players available in free agency so not as many guys are locked up.

I'd go with a bench size of 6. Too small of benches make the draft mean less and it turns into a mad grab for free agents instead. We already only have to start a single running back which takes a lot of strategy out of the draft as is. You draft poorly, you should pay for it instead of having more outs in free agency.

I thought 6 was too big to begin with so 5 is cool with me.

For context, one of my leagues has the same starter setup as this one plus another QB spot and we have a six man bench.  So I'm not really sure why we would need six in this league when there is one less starter slot.

Just imo

Archived