Valhalla Fantasy Football, Season 3

Heimdallr

My token Viking pick...grabbing ol' Sam in the 12th round to back up Carr.  I'm okay with my team...I don't think it's a barnburner, but it'll be alright.  I was hoping to pair Winston with Mike Evans, but alas, he was taken 3 picks before, so I had to "settle" for Carr.  

Thoughts on an Auction Dynasty League I did last night?

QB Matthew Stafford, Det QBvideo_breaking.png Draft
RB LeSean McCoy, Buf RBnews_recent.png Draft
RB Todd Gurley, LAR RBnews_recent.png Draft
WR Golden Tate, Det WR Draft
WR Keenan Allen, LAC WRnews_recent.png Draft
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE Draft
FLEX Terrelle Pryor Sr., Wsh WRnews_recent.png Draft
D/ST Bengals D/ST D/ST Draft
K Dustin Hopkins, Wsh Knews_breaking.png Draft
Bench Terrance West, Bal RBnews_recent.png Draft
Bench Doug Martin, TB RB  SSPDnews_recent.png Draft
Bench Kenny Britt, Cle WRnews_recent.png Draft
Bench Sterling Shepard, NYG WRnews_recent.png Draft
Bench Coby Fleener, NO TE Draft
Bench Darren Sproles, Phi RB Draft
Bench Tyrod Taylor, Buf QB  Qnews_breaking.png Draft
Bench D'Onta Foreman, Hou RB  Qnews_recent.png Draft
Bench Deshaun Watson, Hou QBnews_recent.png Draft

Half point PPR, 12 team league. I got McCoy with the first bid for $42, compare that to player like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, LaVeon Bell, David Johnson, ODJ, and Mike Evans all going for over $60.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Half point PPR, 12 team league. I got McCoy with the first bid for $42, compare that to player like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, LaVeon Bell, David Johnson, ODJ, and Mike Evans all going for over $60.

25 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

How much over 60? I've never done an auction league but I think I'd pay $60 for Johnson or Bell. 

So Julio Jones was $67

Antonio Brown was around $65

La'Veon Bell was $62

David Johnson was $66

Mike Evans was $72

I'm pretty sure I have those  numbers about right. One thing that kept me from going up to $60's on Bell or Johnson was the fact that we had extra bench spots. I was able to get better depth in my starting line-up because of that.

In the auction I did yesterday (mind you, I've never done one before at all), I got Antonio Brown for $57 and Melvin Gordon for $46.  There wasn't a single player that got over $60.  In fact, I spent the 2nd most on any single player...as Bell went for $58.  

That's the difference between dynasty and regular, unless yours was dynasty as well. For a single season, people are going to pay less in order to build up depth, in the dynasty league the way it's set-up, they're going to be kept for ages and so those very high level players who can stick for a while are worth more.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

That's the difference between dynasty and regular, unless yours was dynasty as well. For a single season, people are going to pay less in order to build up depth, in the dynasty league the way it's set-up, they're going to be kept for ages and so those very high level players who can stick for a while are worth more.

Makes sense.  Since I knew nothing period about auction, I was just kind of going with the flow and seeing what happens...although, for whatever reason, as I may have inadvertently clicked on a bid and won TY Hilton, even though I never wanted him.  xD

Archived