2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Allen was struggling against air yesterday so let's pump the brakes on big star.  If he's going to be a big star than CLE will take him at #1.  I hope he goes #1 or #2 because I want no part of Allen at all.  I wouldn't take him if he fell to us at 6.  He is not the next Ben or Wentz, he is terrible.

Can't believe we are having a conversation about SF trading up past us for a QB.  

You have to think ahead of it.  Jimmy G without contract.   F-tag twice at worst.  Allen could be ready by year 3.  Is it doable? Of course. Is it a smart move? maybe not.  They still like Beathard who may be under contract for 3 more seasons.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll be at the draft this year. I’ll be the guy shaking my head No that they film. Mayfield will probably then give me the finger on live TV. Well Bc that’s what his personality is.

Then we'll all laugh when he turns out to be a good QB.

Just now, JetsandI said:

You have to think ahead of it.  Jimmy G without contract.   F-tag twice at worst.  Allen could be ready by year 3.  Is it doable? Of course. Is it a smart move? maybe not.  They still like Beathard who may be under contract for 3 more seasons.

Please stop. 

I’m a Jets fan and will cheer for whoever is on the roster. Mayfield will be a hard pill to swallow though. But I would wind up cheering for him once he out on our jersey. But since he’s just a prospect right now, I don’t have to like him.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m a Jets fan and will cheer for whoever is on the roster. Mayfield will be a hard pill to swallow though. But I would wind up cheering for him once he out on our jersey. But since he’s just a prospect right now, I don’t have to like him.

I had Mark Sanchez jersey and I still log in this stupid Jets forum. lol.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's one thing to not like him as a prospect but you sound like you hate him as a person.

He's far from squeaky clean but he didn't beat up his girlfriend anything.  He was a party guy who plays with swagger and attitude that might rub people the wrong way.  

He's done plenty of dumb things even this year with the crotch grab but man this stuff is really overblown.

23 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I watched the practices and he was clearly the best thrower of the football. 

Allen has a gun but is not accurate (sound familiar? )

Baker threw a catchable ball to the right spot every time. 

10 minutes ago, MoLewis57 said:

I watched the practices and he was clearly the best thrower of the football. 

Allen has a gun but is not accurate (sound familiar? )

Baker threw a catchable ball to the right spot every time. 

Mayfield is the cheater. lol..  Anyway, he got playbook in ahead of time while the rest of team just picked up playbook upon the arrival. It shows how aggressive Broncos were on him. 

28 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's one thing to not like him as a prospect but you sound like you hate him as a person.

He's far from squeaky clean but he didn't beat up his girlfriend anything.  He was a party guy who plays with swagger and attitude that might rub people the wrong way.  

He's done plenty of dumb things even this year with the crotch grab but man this stuff is really overblown.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with not liking a player bc of attitude and antics. Most people hate a player like Bryce Harper for this exact reason in baseball. And Mayfield rubs people wrong in a similar way. Difference is Harper is atleast proven in his sport at a professional level, when mayfield isn’t even a pro yet.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with not liking a player bc of attitude and antics. Most people hate a player like Bryce Harper for this exact reason in baseball. And Mayfield rubs people wrong in a similar way. Difference is Harper is atleast proven in his sport at a professional level, when mayfield isn’t even a pro yet.

That's fair, there are guys like that for me as well.  I personally don't have him in that category.  That is most reserved for the real scummy athletes.

Taking that out of the equation though how do you view him as an on the field prospect only?

Archived