Drew Stanton sign 2 year deal with the Browns

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, howru8888 said:

Why is the assumption that Jackson is going to get fired? If thats the case then why didn't they just fire him this year the same year they are going to draft the QB?

I thought the same thing but now it just seems like they want to hold onto him in case they need an excuse to continue building for the future.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Um, because Taylor is still a lot better than Stanton. Stanton is likely being brought in merely to be a backup so the team isn't forced to play their rookie if Taylor gets injured, and likely to have another vet in the QB room to help the rookie.

Guess that means it's time to say goodbye to my boy Cody Kessler though. :(

But Taylor isn't doing anything for a team in the long run except getting the team into a bad draft position when the season is over. I'd rather save what they traded for Tyrod, sign Stanton, and play him. When Stanton is pulled, play your rookie. Or play him from the start. The Tyrod move just seems like the Browns being so afraid of going 0-16 again.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

But Taylor isn't doing anything for a team in the long run except getting the team into a bad draft position when the season is over. I'd rather save what they traded for Tyrod, sign Stanton, and play him. When Stanton is pulled, play your rookie. Or play him from the start. The Tyrod move just seems like the Browns being so afraid of going 0-16 again.

We need to win games for the rest of our players to develop and gain confidence 

by the montana  sig Im guessing your a niner's fan

that win Cj got for you guys against the Giants was huge for the morale and confidence of your team 

Jimmy sitting for the few weeks helped to and when he was ready hes playing with players who are much more confident 

we need that we've got to go out and believe we can win multiple games Tyrod will help with that Stanton won't

but Stanton will be a great vet mentor to Darnold as they sit on the sidelines and Stanton can teach while they watch Tyrod until Darnold is ready

this is exactly how it should be done when you have a 20 year old number 1 pick on an offense with alot of new pieces Gordon, Hyde, Duke, Landry, Njocku, Coleman they've got to develop together and get some success Tyrod will do that 

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Hue would like to survive another year.

12 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Then Hue Jackson will get fired, John Dorsey can blame it on Jackson and him wanting to "build a roster around his QB" the browns suck again in 2019, rinse repeat until the NFL collapses and the browns are delegated to the arena league. 

I'd be shocked if the browns didn't draft a QB in the 1st, but it's entirely possible they're that incompetent.

A) Nobody cares about your opinion

B) What purpose do you have on this forum besides being a crusty little troll?

C) What are you going to do with yourself when you can't troll us anymore? 

D) Not sure if you are capable of giving an informed, unbiased take

E) Be prepared 

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Remember when GM Dorsey said Sashi Brown didn’t draft real football players?   Basically replaced Kessler with his skills clone. 

The irony here is rich.  

giphy.gif

Well, lets see here 

Stanton = NFL Caliber arm 

Kessler = AFL Caliber arm

Stanton = NFL Caliber athleticism

Kessler = Not so much

Stanton  = NFL Caliber size

Kessler = Not so much

Sorry, the irony is not as rich as you speak of , two totally different skill sets there buddy. Kessler really is a year or two away from being out of the league.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, lets see here 

Stanton = NFL Caliber arm 

Kessler = AFL Caliber arm

Stanton = NFL Caliber athleticism

Kessler = Not so much

Stanton  = NFL Caliber size

Kessler = Not so much

Sorry, the irony is not as rich as you speak of , two totally different skill sets there buddy. Kessler really is a year or two away from being out of the league.

If Stanton was signed for guidance that's fine I guess but Kessler is a better NFL QB because he is actually accurate. Kessler is a decent athlete also. He'll land somewhere and be helpful to them.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Stanton was signed for guidance that's fine I guess but Kessler is a better NFL QB because he is actually accurate. Kessler is a decent athlete also. He'll land somewhere and be helpful to them.

Kessler is accurate but what NFL coach wants to have a QB that severely limits their offense because of his lack of arm strength?

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Kessler is accurate but what NFL coach wants to have a QB that severely limits their offense because of his lack of arm strength?

He doesn't severely limit you. Well, unless you are a terrible coach. But you'll be a terrible coach with or without him so it doesn't really matter.

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He doesn't severely limit you. Well, unless you are a terrible coach. But you'll be a terrible coach with or without him so it doesn't really matter.

Let's be clear - these guys are backup caliber.   And frankly, there's little to separate them.   I agree with the point that Kessler is more athletic and accurate, which helps when thrown into a sudden take-over situation.   But really, we're subbing one backup for another.    It's a purely lateral move, one that seems more about removing any traces of Sashi Brown's draft on the team than actually making any real impact.  That's the point. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not going to put this on the coach, Kessler just can't make every NFL throw. A not disputing that Hue is a good coach but a bad coach would have Kessler running a normal offense knowing he couldn't make the throws. Hue didn't do that, he shrunk the playbook and ran the plays that Kessler could run, which was very limited.

Archived