Suh signs with Rams 1 year 14 million

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

It's actually very funny to read. They're all acting like they haven't celebrated all the free agent signings they've made and their trade(s). Talk down on anybody who improves their team and at the same time act like only their trades were good. Rams fans know the year is just starting and the real work has to begin. Eagles fans are the only one who are acting like it isn't.

I think its moreso that the Rams are still unproven, and that we Eagles fans, more than almost anyone, know how being the talk of the offseason/the offseason kings goes mostly. 

Teams actually dont ever, if at all, make some big stride on defense just with one or two big name moves.

Im gonna go ahead and say this despite knowing Ill be attacked by Jrry or whoever else, but this Rams team is NOT deep at all. They are top heavy.

The OL depth? How would it go for them if Whitworth, whos like 35 IIRC, goes down? Their starting 5 alone arent really some amazing unit. 

What about Goffs backup? Who is ut even?? (Sorry had to say it because ya you know)

What receivers do they have besides Woods (a good #2) and Kupp (who has somehow became overrated, since last time I checked hes got terribly inconsistent hands and is just a slightly richer mans Cole Beasley)? Seriously? Who do they have that McVay can deploy and use to take attention away from their other guys? 

And on defense....that DL front of those three looks amazing. And there's a good chance they have a Sacksonville type season. But what ended up hurting Jax in the end? No depth. I honestly dont know who the Rams have outside of those three who can get pressure a lot up front. 

I mean i love that secondary and I love Donald and Brockers. Suh can be amazing. But outside of CB/S/DT the Rams defense is really in need of help. At least IMO.

They have zero edge rush. You cant solely rely on your interior rush to do everything. My own team showed how prudent it is to have 5-7 talented pass rushers. And who will be their LBs? I dont know one off my head except Barron i guess.

Again im really trying not to come off like Im hating.

Suh is a fantastic signing on a one year deal. Snead has shown an excellent talent in watchinf what Howie has done and trying to go copy him ( ? ) . Joke joke. 

But I still see a team that is yet to be considered amongst the best in the league in terms of complete depth all over. 

And I think that a locker room that has Suh, Peters, and Talib in it seriously is something that might end up becoming some sort of issue down the road. And dont just say "derp Wade Phillips doe durp". That team just doesnt look like a true SB contender. At least to me. Not yet. They are simply put going to be an awesome story to follow this season. And I could very well be wrong. They have the talent to make a leap. 

But seriously Rams fans. Can you give some insight on the rest of your front 7 outside of those 3 big fellas? And who will be the LB group? Is the OL going to be able to be successful even if they don't have another fluke season by Whitworth? Will the WR and TE group be better or worse?

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Rams, Vikes, Eagles fighting for best D and O in the NFC. The Falcons, Seahawks, Cam, and The Aaron Rodgers are now just an afterthought that the Eagles, Rams, Vikes, or Saints should beat in the wildcard/divisional round. I don't think that will necessarily be the case come playoff time, but that's the way it feels right now.

You can't really say that about the Saints.  Nearly every single year a team from the NFC South shocks people with how great they are.  I remember in the pre-season there weren't many people picking the Saints to win the NFC South because their defense was God awful the year before and Atlanta was coming off an amazing season.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints regressed some and either the Panthers or Falcons rose up above expectations.

Those are all terrible points. What if this and that. Jesus worry about your own team and stop passing the salt. Y’all mad salty now I can’t imagine what would have happened had you guys lost. 

Depth is overrated. In the NBA as in the NFL you win with star power baby.. The rams didn’t just sign super star players. They got guys who make game changing plays.. that factors majorly... People claim that we don’t have Deph on the Dline? 

Rams were 4th with 48 and the eagles? 15th..

Donald is just that good.. Ethan Westbrook-Fox-Easly are more than worthy of being solid rotational players..

But because we lose Quinn is a major loss? Wtf.. Kupp a Cole Beasly? Bro get out of here.

and our LB play inside can’t be worse than it was last year. And we have this kid named Samson whose crazy explosive off the edge..

and Cory Littleton played solid when Alec was out. But yes keep on trashing a team you have zero knowdlege about. 

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yea, before this signing, I thought the Vikings were the team to beat. I still think they're the team to beat. It'll depend on what type of draft the Rams have.

Your Offensive Line Coach was your Defensive Coordinator. We have one of the greatest Defensive Coordinators of all time. Wishful thinking, young buck. 

Touche. 100% valid point on the coaching. 

#Juandamentals 

What a joke.

Wade certainly is one of, if not the, best at his job atm as a DC.

But read my other post regarding my questions about their D. Id like to get your input. Not trying to start a war at all. Legitimately curious. 

Also, it is 100% true that the reason that SOME (not all obvi) of us are skeptical of the Rams offseason. It has been the kind that we Eagles fans have seen before in Philly. We had to have our hopes and dreams stomped on bc we didnt know better. But we do now...

Our own GM is a great example of someone who has evolved exponentially in this regard. Look at what we have done these last few years compared to 2010-2012 and such. 

Our SB wasnt won because of all these higher profile FA additions or players who dominated. We won, in more ways than not, because of our incredible depth everywhere. Robinson, Long, Jernigan, Jeffrey, Smith, Wisniewski, Bradham, Barnett...Nick Foles......so on and so on. All key players in our SB run. Most of whom we brought in on cheap bargain type deals.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

You can't really say that about the Saints.  Nearly every single year a team from the NFC South shocks people with how great they are.  I remember in the pre-season there weren't many people picking the Saints to win the NFC South because their defense was God awful the year before and Atlanta was coming off an amazing season.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints regressed some and either the Panthers or Falcons rose up above expectations.

This! I said it earlier and I will say it again... I think the Saints are being underestimated and I can see them being the team to beat. They were a miracle play away from the NFC championship and I think Brees would have given the Eagles problems. People always hype up teams in the offseason. Some valid, some not... but there is ALWAYS that team that is expected to thrive and doesn't and the one people ignore who blows up. The offseason so far has been fun but we have a long way to go. No need to declare winning in March.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

What Wilson did to you is what Rodgers does in his sleep. 

No, that's something only Russell Wilson can do. The sacks he was running out of were ridiculous. Meanwhile, Rodgers' collarbone is a light breeze away from fracturing again. What he did was amazing though. I don't think we could have won the SB without that valuable lesson. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Those are all terrible points. What if this and that. Jesus worry about your own team and stop passing the salt. Y’all mad salty now I can’t imagine what would have happened had you guys lost. 

Depth is overrated. In the NBA as in the NFL you win with star power baby.. The rams didn’t just sign super star players. They got guys who make game changing plays.. that factors majorly... People claim that we don’t have Deph on the Dline? 

Rams were 4th with 48 and the eagles? 15th..

Donald is just that good.. Ethan Westbrook-Fox-Easly are more than worthy of being solid rotational players..

But because we lose Quinn is a major loss? Wtf.. Kupp a Cole Beasly? Bro get out of here.

and our LB play inside can’t be worse than it was last year. And we have this kid named Samson whose crazy explosive off the edge..

and Cory Littleton played solid when Alec was out. But yes keep on trashing a team you have zero knowdlege about. 

So much wrong here 

Starting with your idiotic comoarison between the NFL and NBA.

NFL teams dont win with depth? 

Are you watching the same sport as us homie? Seriously. Make sure. 

Also number of sacks literally proves nothing.

There is SO much more to a great pass rush than just getting sacks.

Our DL was 100% better than yours. Dont even try to claim otherwise. I dont really feel like explaining these simple concepts to you though like why pressuring QBs can be more important than sacks. Or how incredibly difficult it is to match up with a DL that can line up 5 legit guys up front and all come at you. 3 =/= 5. 

And your response aboit your Lbers is "well it cant get any worse than before"? Come on. What happened, did you just go into the Browns forum and copy paste all of the posts there?

Ill end it with this: Im not trashing anyone. I tried to start a legitimate conversation about these things and I even go so far as to say so. 

But i guess youre not really actually capable of having any sort of discussion that involves reason or truth. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

No, that's something only Russell Wilson can do. The sacks he was running out of were ridiculous. Meanwhile, Rodgers' collarbone is a light breeze away from fracturing again. What he did was amazing though. I don't think we could have won the SB without that valuable lesson. 

True that true that.. Still though you guys had zero hope of winning a playoff game let alone the SB. So lay off the chest pounding and let us hold this tiny dub. I already bet my eagle friend 5k on the game this year and we got front row seats.! Bless us Goku. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I never underestimate Aaron Rodgers. He just makes his team better. I also don't think the Packers are in as bad of shape as some think. It is not pretty but it is not awful either.

Just now, El ramster said:

True that true that.. Still though you guys had zero hope of winning a playoff game let alone the SB. So lay off the chest pounding and let us hold this tiny dub. I already bet my eagle friend 5k on the game this year and we got front row seats.! Bless us Goku. 

I thought we were getting the Jeff Fisher Nick Foles. It was a pleasant surprise.

Suh is a great move, but they call them front 7's, not front 2's. I have no idea what your D will look like. Might take a few games for the new scheme gel. Might click instantly. It'll be interesting to watch. Plus who knows, maybe you guys trade for OBJ to make things even more interesting.

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

I never underestimate Aaron Rodgers. He just makes his team better. I also don't think the Packers are in as bad of shape as some think. It is not pretty but it is not awful either.

It’s pretty aweful TBH. Jimmy Graham is super overrated. Dude is soft and lost all of his athletic  ability. He’s so slow!!! He’s a decent red zone target but that’s it.

Archived