2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I just don't understand the Padres.  They have Clayton freaking Richard as their OD starter, but thought it was wise to shell out a huge deal for Eric Hosmer this offseason.  

They're depending on their big home park limiting HR.  I think they believe they'll "find" starters and need to import some offense.

Just now, devils1854 said:

That would be a waste imo. I like his defense at 3rd.

Geno Suarez was above average to plus defensively at 3B last year after a shaky 2016 when he was adjusting to the position switch.  He's not as fast or athletic as Senzel.  Senzel might end up at SS if Jose Peraza continues to hack a bad strikes.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Trust me, I feel ya there. He started crazy hot last year and still finished in the mid .280s. He hit .228 over the last 70+ games last year IIRC. He's a mid-.200 hitter and that's fine with his power. It's not a knock. 

I mean he was hurt and then he hit like .400 in September 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Trust me, I feel ya there. He started crazy hot last year and still finished in the mid .280s. He hit .228 over the last 70+ games last year IIRC. He's a mid-.200 hitter and that's fine with his power. It's not a knock. 

For sure.  Maybe that's where the disconnect is.  People wrongly assume that because I don't think Judge will repeat his 2017, that means I think he will be terrible.  He's still gonna mash.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

God damn it, NL, get a DH.

I am really trying hard not to laugh because head injuries can be terrible, but I don't think I've ever seen a player bounce their head off the ground when sliding feet first.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I am really trying hard not to laugh because head injuries can be terrible, but I don't think I've ever seen a player bounce their head off the ground when sliding feet first.

I don't understand how we have such horrid luck with our pitchers on the bases/at the plate. Guerra, Nelson and now Anderson.

Archived