Suggest NFL rule changes

WheatieMan

Suggest NFL rule changes  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What suggested rules should be implemented?

• Catch rule (already modified but should it remain the way it was)?
    • Leading with the crown of helmet (Targeting or just 15 yard penalty)?
    • Abandon the kickoff (But what about onside kicks?)
    • More ejections for hard personal fouls (Subjective to the refs on the field or determined by New York?)
    • Other (Please suggest in post)

What are the rule changes proposed that you advocate?

What rules that haven't been discussed should change or be implemented?

Share all ideas... personally:

1. Expanded roster with extra bye week

2. Ejection if targeting with helmet determined by replay (college format)

3. Ejection for two personal fouls or ejection for egregious foul (stricter enforcement)

--Hate the helmet rule. 

--Don't have a problem with the catch rule. 

--HELL NO to abandoning kick-offs &/or onside kicks.

--HELL NO to any major changes to the schedule or rosters, It's fine the way the way it is.

My proposals: 

1) Fire Goodell
2) Get rid of International games
3) Get rid of either Thursday or Saturday night games.

^ This wouldn't fix everything but it would be a good start. 

1. Expanded Rosters
2. Get rid of the mandatory inactives on game day.
3. Bring back the force out rule (If someone is in bounds while catching the ball midair, the defender is NOT allowed to push them out of bounds to force an incompletion)
4. No more Thursday Night Football except Thanksgiving
5. No more London games, North America in general is alright.
6. Bring back the 5 yard facemask

Thursday football isn't going anywhere.  Too much money at stake.  But make it a rule that Thursday games can only be played by teams coming off a bye week or the first week.  Logically, the the number of games can be the same.  

That'll make the games more competitive and safer.

TNF has to go, but the money will probably make that a non starter. I won't be watching.

Think we need expanded rosters and another bye for the players to heal, maybe push the SB back week or so.

No need to expand the playoffs but maybe a 3rd wild card could be feasible with a double triple header Saturday and Sunday (seems like a bit overkill to me)

Definitely need to address the concussions, otherwise form a new 7 on 7 flag football league after the players strike and can't reach a settlement and the owners lose most of their money.

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The only rule change that I would love to see changed is 5 yard penalties (ie. illegal contact) being automatic first downs.    

I can't give you enough likes for this. If 3rd and 17 it should be 3rd and 12 not 1st and 10. Stupid. 

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The only rule change that I would love to see changed is 5 yard penalties (ie. illegal contact) being automatic first downs.  

There are some other minor stuff I could probably come up with, but that is the main one.    

Agreed but that needs to be for all penalties even personal fouls, not just 5 yarders. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

3. Bring back the force out rule (If someone is in bounds while catching the ball midair, the defender is NOT allowed to push them out of bounds to force an incompletion)

Really? This was literally one of the best rule changes the NFL ever made, the old rule never made any sense. Of course the defender should be allowed to use the sideline to prevent the catch, its why its there. 

Archived