Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 14

Jason_Bengal_Fl

6 hours ago, Pilprin said:

Landry....Davenport scares me as a DE trying to be a OLB. We have one of those in Perry

You do realize that Davenport played as a stand up outside linebacker in college don’t you?  He is not a defensive end trying  to make a transition to OLB. 

Like both Davenport and Landry.

Gotta take the larger guy with the size/speed/strength combo over the smaller guy who has quickness/agility.

I can't help but see Demarcus Ware in Davenport.  Hands, leverage, power.  Probably more wishful thinking on my part, but it is what it is.

I go Davenport.

10 hours ago, SAM said:

Cavin Ridley, Top WR in this Draft.   . If  not Ridley, would go OT first. Mike McGlinchey, Orlando Brown, or Kolton Miller.  I don't think Davenport or Landry have 1st Round grades.  If I went Defence at #14 it would be Leighton Vander Esch.  

Ridley being the top WR in this draft means nothing. It's a down year for top end talent there

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Too late for my vote to count, but Vander Esch might turn out the best edge rusher of them all. Today, I'll take a chance on a potential difference maker

I like him too, but probably a late first round pick.  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s picked up sooner, and it also wouldn't surprise me if he falls right into Minny’s lap, which would completely suck.

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I like him too, but probably a late first round pick.  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s picked up sooner, and it also wouldn't surprise me if he falls right into Minny’s lap, which would completely suck.

The problem is that he is tied to so many teams right now. He's linked to the Eagles, Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers...

As interest in him rises, so will his demand. He could very well go top 20. He could very well go before we even pick. 

8 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

The problem is that he is tied to so many teams right now. He's linked to the Eagles, Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers...

As interest in him rises, so will his demand. He could very well go top 20. He could very well go before we even pick. 

Funny how players rise and fall in the weeks following the combine and leading up to the draft.  Would love to some historical data about players who rose fast in the weeks leading up to the draft, were selected much higher than originally projected, and if their play in the NFL was commensurate with their pick in the draft.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Funny how players rise and fall in the weeks following the combine and leading up to the draft.  Would love to some historical data about players who rose fast in the weeks leading up to the draft, were selected much higher than originally projected, and if their play in the NFL was commensurate with their pick in the draft.

The rise and falls are media based, not team draft board based, that's the difference.

The media has all these sources who probably drop little nuggets for them, then the draft guys on ESPN and NFLN move the prospects up their boards to match what they hear.

Guys like LVE, Mike Hughes, Kolton Miller, DJ Moore are just some of the guys I think could go top 20 that the media hasn't caught up to the NFL guys yet in hyping. Happens every year.

Archived